Most profitable strategy

A place to discuss anything.
jimibt

Pinnochio wrote:
jimibt wrote:pinnochio, no problem, i get what you're saying and can only say that i wasn't trying to be smart. in fact, in the spirit of reconciliation, i've posted three screenshots for the game that cyber mentioned earlier, that illustrates what brendon should do to employ this strategy:

The problem I have with these correct score strategies are that they're all generally based mathematically off the total goals market in the first place. So the only way you can win is if the original pricing was incorrect and the market then corrects itself due to what's happening on the pitch. By spreading that original value over so many markets you start losing value either by commission or crossing so many spreads. Or people try to cover some long shot probabilities with 'insurance' bets rarely covering all outcomes as that would make the strategy a loser from the start. With so many football markets available there's usually already a market in place to cover what they're trying to do in a single market anyway, whether that's time of first goal, total goals etc.

LinusP wrote: I think your a flipping twat.
+1
going back to your original pincer move -why don't you then give some cogent advice to the OP regards how you profit from such single simplistic scenarios. we really all could benefit from a wide viewpoint on this.

we can agree to disagree on your assertion. the stats that i use to select games are all based on the odds compiler looking at historical data and assigning significance to certain outcomes. i walk a line between the ultra-conservative 0-0 scoreline and the very low scoring games. if that riles you, then i'm sorry, it works for me.

i may be talking complete bollocks of course, but my subset of data is not based on any maths per-se - it's based on anomalies and these anomalies are usually (not always) spot on. what's more, the strike rate is high enough for me to risk a comparatively high liability on. the flip side tho is that i can only operate on 8-10 games a day due to my very conservative criteria. however, i'm happy enough with this. less is more and more is good from where i'm standing.

[edit] - regards insurance bets. i would prefer to call them intelligent coverage. if i'm using a conservative approach that ALMOST guarantees one goal and certainly, less than 3 goals, why the h3ll would i not use that data to capitalise on the under 3.5 goals market too. sure an additional commission is raised but at what cost - an additional gain!!

oh, and just to show the benefit of using multiple markets, consider the two screens below (a market that's running tonite)
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
so in this scenario, i greened out ahead of half time as there was no score. however, this almost certainly means that my under 3.5 goals trade will close successfully leaving a win on the match overall, despite the conservative greening at half time (it's all about trading, not gambling). anyway, i invite your critique (as ever) in due course...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

final note on the topic (sorry folks if i sound like a broken record). here's the only other market i traded tonite. this one produced the desired scenario of all trades coming out positive and shows the power of using cross market data to guide your trades:
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
apologies that i didn't save this at the time of the match (i know you need empirical evidence mr pinnochio). but for your info, the final result was Kilmarnock 0 - 1 St Johnstone.

anyway, endure... ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cybernet69

jimibt wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:
jimibt wrote:pinnochio, no problem, i get what you're saying and can only say that i wasn't trying to be smart. in fact, in the spirit of reconciliation, i've posted three screenshots for the game that cyber mentioned earlier, that illustrates what brendon should do to employ this strategy:

The problem I have with these correct score strategies are that they're all generally based mathematically off the total goals market in the first place. So the only way you can win is if the original pricing was incorrect and the market then corrects itself due to what's happening on the pitch. By spreading that original value over so many markets you start losing value either by commission or crossing so many spreads. Or people try to cover some long shot probabilities with 'insurance' bets rarely covering all outcomes as that would make the strategy a loser from the start. With so many football markets available there's usually already a market in place to cover what they're trying to do in a single market anyway, whether that's time of first goal, total goals etc.

LinusP wrote: I think your a flipping twat.
+1
going back to your original pincer move -why don't you then give some cogent advice to the OP regards how you profit from such single simplistic scenarios. we really all could benefit from a wide viewpoint on this.

we can agree to disagree on your assertion. the stats that i use to select games are all based on the odds compiler looking at historical data and assigning significance to certain outcomes. i walk a line between the ultra-conservative 0-0 scoreline and the very low scoring games. if that riles you, then i'm sorry, it works for me.

i may be talking complete bollocks of course, but my subset of data is not based on any maths per-se - it's based on anomalies and these anomalies are usually (not always) spot on. what's more, the strike rate is high enough for me to risk a comparatively high liability on. the flip side tho is that i can only operate on 8-10 games a day due to my very conservative criteria. however, i'm happy enough with this. less is more and more is good from where i'm standing.

[edit] - regards insurance bets. i would prefer to call them intelligent coverage. if i'm using a conservative approach that ALMOST guarantees one goal and certainly, less than 3 goals, why the h3ll would i not use that data to capitalise on the under 3.5 goals market too. sure an additional commission is raised but at what cost - an additional gain!!
Jim,

I wouldnt bother mate. All you generally find on this forum is criticism. There are very few people willing to help others.

You have to post your BF P/L before you open ones mouth. Rather pathetic really as they can easily be faked. There is even a piece of software on the internet which will generate fake ones for you.

Anyway, hope you had a profitable day. I wont say I did otherwise I will have to get KPMG to ratify it.
jimibt

cybernet69 wrote: Anyway, hope you had a profitable day. I wont say I did otherwise I will have to get KPMG to ratify it.
now, that made me laugh... thanks for a brilliant closing comment on this thread..

have a great one
jim
cybernet69

jimibt wrote:
cybernet69 wrote: Anyway, hope you had a profitable day. I wont say I did otherwise I will have to get KPMG to ratify it.
now, that made me laugh... thanks for a brilliant closing comment on this thread..

have a great one
jim
And you. :lol:
cybernet69

To the OP....

My main strategy contains 4 rules. I am posting the 2 main ones for you to look at. You should be able to figure out the missing parts of the puzzle. I am sure Dallas will build them into BA or he may have already.

The other 2 rules OVERRIDE the market green up or trade closure.

Keep it fun. :)
Pinnochio

;)
Last edited by Pinnochio on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pinnochio

;)
Last edited by Pinnochio on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybernet69

Pinnochio wrote:
cybernet69 wrote:
Jim,

I wouldnt bother mate. All you generally find on this forum is criticism. There are very few people willing to help others.

You have to post your BF P/L before you open ones mouth. Rather pathetic really as they can easily be faked. There is even a piece of software on the internet which will generate fake ones for you.

Anyway, hope you had a profitable day. I wont say I did otherwise I will have to get KPMG to ratify it.

PeterLe wrote:
bologna29 wrote:Excuse me please cybernet69, but can you please explain me how is possible to get a P/L column with all the amounts saved like you have them in "REAL MODE" not in SIMULATION MODE, because they are going to fix this bug in next version of software you're using?? :shock: :shock:
I asked the same question as to whether he was using this in simulation mode..
I tested the software concerned to replicate it..(its not as good as betangel by the way!)
I could only get the P/L col when in Simulation mode, not in live mode
The conclusion is that your a plank who offers no help to others and criticises others that do. There's a word for people like you and its not a pleasant one.
Pinnochio

;)

Last edited by Pinnochio on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trader_Tom

Pinnochio wrote:unsubstantiated carrots.
I'm a greengrocer and I take offence to this statement.
PeterLe

Jim/Cyber
Thanks for taking your time to post your thoughts around this topic.
I really wouldnt be goaded by this person, id just ignore it
Regards
Peter
jimibt

PeterLe wrote:Jim/Cyber
Thanks for taking your time to post your thoughts around this topic.
I really wouldnt be goaded by this person, id just ignore it
Regards
Peter
peter - i just feel sorry for the bernard (the OP) as it will be quite uncomfortable to see such vitriol spanning 90% of your thread.

anyway, i still stand by my assertion that giving a complete guide as to how you do something doesn't translate to a 2nd individual making the same headway. markets change, filters require tweaking and suddenly what worked one way last week is completely different this week.

have a great xmas
Crazyskier

I think we all benefit if we can keep the insults and profanity to a minimum guys?

PS - if you insist on name-calling, it's 'you're' not 'your'.

Merry Christmas folks.
cybernet69

Happy Xmas to ALL.

Return to “General discussion”