RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
ANGELS15

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:59 pm
Daughter went to buy her car today.

Paid by card (Natwest)

Transaction was voided and have void receipt.

Funds have left account and Natwest have said it is authorised. Gave authorisation number.

Car dealer has rang his bank and merchant (both Barclays) they say it isn’t showing on there system. He used the Natwest authorisation number.

Natwest fraud say there isn’t anything they can do they say it’s been authorised even though a void receipt is in hand.

Car dealer won’t let car go. Rightfully so.

Natwest are a bunch of jokers.

Daughter has no car and £5500 gone out the account!

Any advice is appreciated!
It is utterly ridicoulous that Nat West are saying there is nothing they can do. Banks have suspense accounts where funds tend to be diverted if there is an error somewhere. The banks should have a team who can check these accounts to see where the money has gone. It can't just vanish into thin air.

Keep on at them they need to get their arses in gear.

Do let us know the outcome.
ANGELS15

Just seen the update which appeared after my post, I thought as much that the money would bounce back.
Realrocknrolla

ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:35 pm
Just seen the update which appeared after my post, I thought as much that the money would bounce back.
Cheers.

Don’t see why Barclays would have to void if the merchant machine indicates a void transaction though. I thought it would be automated.

All sorted now, shes transferred the money to the dealer. Cars ready and she should be picking it up any minute.

Stressful, as she has worked her nuts off through lockdown and saved up herself. But glad its all sorted.
SOLARIS

The limit on a single payment using contactless card technology will rise to £100 later this year, the Treasury has confirmed.
The pandemic has accelerated a move away from cash, with shoppers often being encouraged to use contactless in many stores for public health reasons.
Fears have also been raised regarding fraud risks involved in the use of cards.
:roll:
Also:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_fourfm

BBC PM This date listen to 17:19 onwards
"There is an issue with that" (fraudulent use)

I can see the Rant Corner being a busy place.
jamesg46

SOLARIS wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:36 pm
The limit on a single payment using contactless card technology will rise to £100 later this year, the Treasury has confirmed.
The pandemic has accelerated a move away from cash, with shoppers often being encouraged to use contactless in many stores for public health reasons.
Also:

Never mind the fraud concern, there is bigger issues at play... I went to my local CoOp purchased my usual 14ltrs of White Lighting & 2 bottles of Lambogwater, got to till to pay and asked for cash back, to which they explained they don't offer anymore because of the plague. How on earth are people supposed to pay their drug dealers with no cash, £3 charge at the cash machine, thats a 7.5% price hike on a gram of coke... utterly shameless. It cost me less to wire money to Trinidad & Tobago, £3 blinking quid to withdraw my cash.
beermonsterman

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:09 pm
SOLARIS wrote:
Also:

Never mind the fraud concern, there is bigger issues at play... I went to my local CoOp purchased my usual 14ltrs of White Lighting & 2 bottles of Lambogwater, got to till to pay and asked for cash back, to which they explained they don't offer anymore because of the plague. How on earth are people supposed to pay their drug dealers with no cash, £3 charge at the cash machine, thats a 7.5% price hike on a gram of coke... utterly shameless. It cost me less to wire money to Trinidad & Tobago, £3 blinking quid to withdraw my cash.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

SOLARIS wrote:
Also:

I'm not likely to ever lose my wallet, keys or phone but I've twice found somebody's contactless card and could have helped myself to their funds if I wanted to, so I can see it being an issue with the careless. You should be able to decide your own personal limit.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:09 pm
SOLARIS wrote:
Also:

Self-service checkouts.
Realrocknrolla

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... years.html

My friends drug dealer 😉 takes payment by bank transfer or Bitcoin.

So many mobile app banks now compared to your standard high st bank.
jamesg46

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:35 pm

I feel like we went from joke to half serious... tbh though nothing would suprise me, the audacity of dealers is amazing... I was shocked when I learned the back alley marketing going on within Instagram. It's actually pretty impressive how they do it, if you've got time check it out its tekkas that may provide a skill elsewhere.
Realrocknrolla

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:50 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:35 pm

I feel like we went from joke to half serious... tbh though nothing would suprise me, the audacity of dealers is amazing... I was shocked when I learned the back alley marketing going on within Instagram. It's actually pretty impressive how they do it, if you've got time check it out its tekkas that may provide a skill elsewhere.
Yeah i’ve seen it. Madness!

Younger brothers and little shit nephews thinking they’re the next Pablo Escobar.
Derek27

I needed to set a clock, so I naturally reached for my smartphone, because it's smart, as its name implies. Opened up the clock app - it doesn't have a flipping second hand!!

There's enough native android crap installed on it that I can't get rid off. Do you really need to install a third-party app on a so-called smartphone just to find out what the flipping time is?
Derek27

You can't even leave a £1 ashtray outside your front door without it being nicked!
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:44 pm
You can't even leave a £1 ashtray outside your front door without it being nicked!
We have a “hard rubbish” collection twice a year. Maybe your thief was confused.

Of coincidence our hard rubbish day was yesterday (although it usually takes the council a week to get around to collecting).

Neighbours put out a chest of draws at say 3 pm. Looked in good condition. By 6 pm the first lot of scavengers had picked over our street and taken all metal objects including the handles from the draws of chest.

At 3:23 am FFS more scavengers arrive (complete with head torches) park over my driveway, speak loudly for half an hour, and load the chest into the back of a sedan. Took me til 5 am to get back to sleep. Aggghhhh.

Meanwhile to fit in the chest they unloaded a bunch of large outdoor cushions on my front lawn and leave them there. Not sure if they will be coming back tonight to get them?
Dallas

Think it was one here once someone posted the story of a guy once putting out a pile of old wood on his front with a sign saying 'Free Firewood', hoping someone would take it away, to his surprise after a week no one had taken any of it.
He then had the idea of changing the sign to 'Firewood For Sale £10 per bag'
Next morning it had all been nicked!

Return to “General discussion”