RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:52 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:54 pm
My toaster has an analogue dial ranging from 1 - 6. I set it at about 2.3 and it still burnt the toast!

What do people use setting 6 for??
People who keep their bread in fridge perhaps!
It's got a frozen setting as well. :)
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:50 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:53 pm
I plan on moving to Colombia when I turn 50 and getting shagged to death!
Since Spain went off our radar we've been considering Latin America (learning the language so might as well use it). If you look beyond the preconceptions then Columbia is actually a serious contender. All counties have no go areas but good ones too. Medallin is nice. Make it happen Pat, rot in a nursing home or go out like a Don in a hail of bullets? I figure the grand kids would rather have a story to tell than a burden to deal with.
I might just do it even if only for a few months, always fancied South America for some reason.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:16 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:31 pm
Two available checkouts at B&M, one had a customer with a mountain of goods in his trolley, the other a woman who was paying with her debit card, so I made the obvious choice. A few minutes later the other guy and the woman behind him had been served while the silly cow in front of me was still piss-arsing about with her debit card, before paying in cash. :x :x
How about the halfwit in front of me at Tescos. Attempting to pay by phone, but had forgotten her password. So I stood, fuming, while she reset her password. Fecking just get your credit card out. Streuth!
The most annoying thing about these twats is that they're unapologetic and blissfully unaware that they're holding everybody up. Clearly they're not in any hurry themselves but don't realise the rest of us have things to get on with!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:03 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:16 pm
Attempting to pay by phone, but had forgotten her password. So I stood, fuming, while she reset her password. Fecking just get your credit card out. Streuth!
The most annoying thing about these twats is that they're unapologetic and blissfully unaware that they're holding everybody up. Clearly they're not in any hurry themselves but don't realise the rest of us have things to get on with!
I've got a great idea for a method of payment with pieces of paper and metal discs called 'Cash'.

1.You don't have to pay 100s for device to dispense them.
2.Works where there's no electricity or phone signal.
3.Hacker proof beyond about 3ft.
4.Transactions invisible to the tax man.

I'm looking for £40 for 0.0001% of the business.
Derek27

I'm getting really sick of texts and emails asking me to review a brief encounter with customer service staff, followed by the words, "it will only take two minutes"!!!

2 minutes time 30 is an hour a day! The flipping call didn't even last 2 minutes!
Derek27

How flipping stupid can you get?? 4 cans of Heineken held together by cardboard rings!!

Couldn't they figure out it will get pulled apart as people pull then off the shelf with beer cans scattered all over the aisle?
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:11 pm
How flipping stupid can you get?? 4 cans of Heineken held together by cardboard rings!!

Couldn't they figure out it will get pulled apart as people pull then off the shelf with beer cans scattered all over the aisle?
I'm sure that's so the animals in the ocean don't get tangled up in the plastic ones. Show some compassion for the whales, they already have to deal with 60%PC without needing to get their head stuck in the non biodegradable rings
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:41 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:11 pm

I'm sure that's so the animals in the ocean don't get tangled up in the plastic ones. Show some compassion for the whales, they already have to deal with 60%PC without needing to get their head stuck in the non biodegradable rings
Do you have to relate everything to trading? I'm well aware the idea was to reduce plastic but that doesn't detract from the sheer stupidy of whoever came up with the idea. Beer cans are too heavy to be held together by cardboard rings and I had to scoop together twelve loose cans. They could just sell them loose or pack them in cardboard boxes like they do with the larger packs.
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:01 am
Do you have to relate everything to trading? I'm well aware the idea was to reduce plastic but that doesn't detract from the sheer stupidy of whoever came up with the idea. Beer cans are too heavy to be held together by cardboard rings and I had to scoop together twelve loose cans. They could just sell them loose or pack them in cardboard boxes like they do with the larger packs.
You need to be careful when laying a favourite beer in your shopping trolley if there aren't signs of strong support to hold it up
Derek27

What sort of idiot advertises a window cleaning bucket on Amazon without even giving you the dimensions? :roll:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:07 pm
What sort of idiot advertises a window cleaning bucket on Amazon without even giving you the dimensions? :roll:
One that charges £15 for a thimble, and sucks in those that aren't aware of the concept of caveat emptor?
Derek27

Bill Gates is suggesting that we share vaccines! I ain't sharing mine with anyone - I want the full dose. :)
Trader Pat

VAR, European Super League, Pretty much any American news and Bill Gates....

All things I'm sick of hearing about :!:
Derek27

I'm actually suffering from American news withdrawal symptoms.
Derek27

Just been into McDonald's and was told they don't serve people in the shop after 1 am! Where's the logic in that?? It's safe to serve people in the shop on a busy Saturday afternoon!!

Return to “General discussion”