RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:26 am
Fitted a new curtain rail and curtains in my bedroom and now packing up. Need the chuck key to remove the drill piece. Can't remember where I left it but there's a very limited number of surfaces in my bedroom where I could have left it. My bedroom's not a building site and I'm not likely to have chucked it out the window. There must be a place in the universe where screws, nuts, washers, socks and chuck keys go.

Edit: It was underneath the instructions. :oops:
<chortle> the last week - i thought I'd lost my specs TWICE. Note to self. An empty rucksack has folds, mutiple pockets, nooks and crannies within which a glasses case can evade detection by a groping hand.
Then again, relying on my spare pair might have prompted me to renew my prescription. Print on food products is getting increasingly difficult to read again. £500 out the window. Hoorah! :-(
I've been having trouble reading print on food packets for the last year or so. It's amazing how it feels like the print is getting smaller - the last thing you think of is failing eyesight. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:50 pm
greenmark wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:26 am
Fitted a new curtain rail and curtains in my bedroom and now packing up. Need the chuck key to remove the drill piece. Can't remember where I left it but there's a very limited number of surfaces in my bedroom where I could have left it. My bedroom's not a building site and I'm not likely to have chucked it out the window. There must be a place in the universe where screws, nuts, washers, socks and chuck keys go.

Edit: It was underneath the instructions. :oops:
<chortle> the last week - i thought I'd lost my specs TWICE. Note to self. An empty rucksack has folds, mutiple pockets, nooks and crannies within which a glasses case can evade detection by a groping hand.
Then again, relying on my spare pair might have prompted me to renew my prescription. Print on food products is getting increasingly difficult to read again. £500 out the window. Hoorah! :-(
I've been having trouble reading print on food packets for the last year or so. It's amazing how it feels like the print is getting smaller - the last thing you think of is failing eyesight. :lol:
My sister had 20/20 vision. Blurry vision annoys her a lot more than it does me For me, I had specs at 7, I can still see at 60.....happy days! :-)
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:50 pm
When will you no longer be able to see the ladders properly so that some of us can have a chance in the pre-off markets?
Realrocknrolla

38 stitches today!

Ouuuuuuch!!!!!!!!!!
Trader Pat

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm
38 stitches today!

Ouuuuuuch!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like there's a good story behind this, if you tell me you got your dick caught in something I'll be very disappointed!
Derek27

Realrocknrolla wrote:
38 stitches today!

Ouuuuuuch!!!!!!!!!!
What happened?
Derek27

FFS, it takes all day to navigate here!!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\COM Compatibility
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:14 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
38 stitches today!

Ouuuuuuch!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like there's a good story behind this, if you tell me you got your dick caught in something I'll be very disappointed!
Talking about dicks has been banned from the forum. As Kai says, we have to raise the bar, not lower it. :D
Realrocknrolla

Ha ha no dick caught!!!! A stitch per cm though eh 😉🤣😉

Had plastic surgery on my hand to repair the flexor tendon.

Sliced through it pissed up pre covid in Spain and had to wait forever to get fixed

Don’t recommend it.
Trader Pat

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:10 am

Sliced through it pissed up pre covid in Spain and had to wait forever to get fixed

Don’t recommend it.

Ooh nasty! Hope its not your dominant hand.

Have they given you a recovery time?
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:55 am
Realrocknrolla wrote:

Don’t recommend it.

Yep me right hand unfortunately

6 weeks with cast Pat, then physio after that!

Hopefully it works. My hand prior to the op was like a grabber in the teddy bear machine on the coastal arcades.

Butter fingers
Trader Pat

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:01 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

Don’t recommend it.

Hopefully it works. My hand prior to the op was like a grabber in the teddy bear machine on the coastal arcades.

Butter fingers

Good luck with it mate 👍
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:14 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:01 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

Butter fingers

Good luck with it mate 👍
🤞👊
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:20 pm
I'm sitting at my computer innocently writing some code, look out the window and see a guy get out of his car with his trousers only covering half his bum!!
I searched this thread for "arse" to find this post and there was three pages worth. :lol:

I was just going to report the same guy got out of his car just now, somebody must have bought him a belt. :D
Derek27

Animal Rebellion are demanding that McDonald's become meat free by 2025. :lol: :lol:

Return to “General discussion”