RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:32 am
Sammy "The Bull" Gravano a notorious ex mobster has about 7X more subscribers to his YT channel than Bet Angel and its less than a year old.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2qsQ8 ... ha2w/about
Those subscribers were given offers they couldn't refuse!
JasBarrow

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:19 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:42 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:09 pm

Anything to cover up the hundreds of thousands protesting in London again

Hundreds of thousands?

A Trumpian exaggeration
Undoubtedly the best President ever! Unlike that flipping incoherent retard racist peace of work the lefty morons voted in.

You and I had a conversation not that long ago about mental health broadly and Dissociative Identity Disorder specifically. Yet here you are calling a man in his late 70's a retard.

You really are a nasty piece of work
greenmark

JasBarrow wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:39 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:19 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:42 pm

Hundreds of thousands?

A Trumpian exaggeration
Undoubtedly the best President ever! Unlike that flipping incoherent retard racist peace of work the lefty morons voted in.

You and I had a conversation not that long ago about mental health broadly and Dissociative Identity Disorder specifically. Yet here you are calling a man in his late 70's a retard.

You really are a nasty piece of work
This is why discussion of politics, religion, law and order are barred at social gatherings. Neither party are likely to change their view.
Having said that, I've flip-flopped from left to right throughout my adult life.
My conclusion from that is, I don't care whether my Govt is left or right, so long as they do a good job.
Democracy is a messy bunfight.
One thing for sure though is referring to a seasoned politician as a retard is stupid. And referring to a forumite as 'a nasty piece of work' might not be that helpful.
Also I liked the fact that JasBarrow spelled 'piece' correctly, whereas Jamesg46 never. :-)
JasBarrow

greenmark wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:51 pm
This is why discussion of politics, religion, law and order are barred at social gatherings. Neither party are likely to change their view.
Having said that, I've flip-flopped from left to right throughout my adult life.
My conclusion from that is, I don't care whether my Govt is left or right, so long as they do a good job.
One thing for sure though is referring to a seasoned politician as a retard is stupid. And referring to a forumite as 'a nasty piece of work' might not be that helpful.
Also I liked the fact that JasBarrow spelled 'piece' correctly, whereas Jamesg46 never. :-)
My criticism of James isn't about his politics, if he wants to be believe that Donald Trump is America's greatest ever president then that's his right. I'm not even that sensitive about the use of the word retard that would be silly, my issue is the context of how he used the word especially in the light of the discussion we had about mental health on another thread.

viewtopic.php?p=259832#p259832

I stand by my assessment, there are many examples over a long period of time of his behaviour towards different people on the forum. Also what he said about Prince Phillip at the very least can be described as nasty.
greenmark

JasBarrow wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:17 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:51 pm
My criticism of James isn't about his politics, if he wants to be believe that Donald Trump is America's greatest ever president then that's his right. I'm not even that sensitive about the use of the word retard that would be silly, my issue is the context of how he used the word especially in the light of the discussion we had about mental health on another thread.

viewtopic.php?p=259832#p259832

I stand by my assessment, there are many examples over a long period of time of his behaviour towards different people on the forum. Also what he said about Prince Phillip at the very least can be described as nasty.
But perhaps you should cut james some slack. I've seen james demonstrate genuine regret about some of his posts.
That doesn't define hime as 'a nasty piece of work'. Thats all I was saying.
I don't like Trump and probably am a 'lefty' by james's judgement. But he's entitled to his opinion. I don't think this is the place to get all 'woke' about mental health.
In my family I've been there and got the t-shirt. Anything someone might say on a forum about mental health is a pin-prick compared to the reality.
JasBarrow

greenmark wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:39 pm
But perhaps you should cut james some slack. I've seen james demonstrate genuine regret about some of his posts.
I don't like Trump and probably am a 'lefty' by james's judgement. But he's entitled to his opinion. I don't think this is the place to get all 'woke' about mental health.
In my family I've been there and got the t-shirt. Anything someone might say on a forum about mental health is a pin-prick compared to the reality.

With all due respect unless you know him how do you know his regret was genuine? Even if it was genuine that doesn't justify the actions he's feeling regretful over in the first place. We're all just virtual people on a forum but even here a person can be judged by their actions more than their words.

Anyway I've said enough about James, I don't feel comfortable talking to you or anybody else about another person.

If you have read the link to the other thread I posted in the last message you'll see where I'm coming from about mental health. "Woke" has got nothing to do with it.
Derek27

I bought a pack of economy bacon. I don't care about the thickness of the slices but just cut them to the same flipping thickness!

Just because it's economy bacon you don't have to use broken blades to cut them!
greenmark

JasBarrow wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:57 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:39 pm

With all due respect unless you know him how do you know his regret was genuine? Even if it was genuine that doesn't justify the actions he's feeling regretful over in the first place. We're all just virtual people on a forum but even here a person can be judged by their actions more than their words.

Anyway I've said enough about James, I don't feel comfortable talking to you or anybody else about another person.

If you have read the link to the other thread I posted in the last message you'll see where I'm coming from about mental health. "Woke" has got nothing to do with it.
I only know James based on his posts. And he has (as have I) overstepped the mark. But he has also come back to the forum with contrition. Why not accept that? We all make mistakes and its easy peasy online. To have the character to be contrite is a good thing IMO.
Muy principle objection to your post was 'nasty piece of work'.
Thats as bad as your grievance with James IMO.
Thats me done. I wish you well (genuinely).
JasBarrow

greenmark wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:03 pm
To have the character to be contrite is a good thing IMO.

Yes but only if you mean it in the first place and not if you're using it as a get out of jail free card.

I don't know if that's what's going on but likewise you don't know the opposite is true. So to my earlier point we're just people on a forum who don't know each other so we can't speak to how genuine a person is or isn't. We can only go by the evidence presented on the forum.
jamesg46

JasBarrow wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:23 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:03 pm
To have the character to be contrite is a good thing IMO.

Yes but only if you mean it in the first place and not if you're using it as a get out of jail free card.

I don't know if that's what's going on but likewise you don't know the opposite is true. So to my earlier point we're just people on a forum who don't know each other so we can't speak to how genuine a person is or isn't. We can only go by the evidence presented on the forum.
Thanks for the link to our last conversation! I couldn't remember off the top of my head what we had spoke about. I'm not sure but I think you may have a bad taste for me... in our last conversation you cried over something I never said (which I asked you to quote, but you never did) and now you're bitching over me using the word retard. Sorry about that but that's how I feel about him... perhaps my downfall though was spelling piece wrong while calling someone a retard :lol:

The people who are pretty smart, unlike yourself knew i was baiting, hence they didn't reply... they had no Interest in a relentless back and forth.

If you don't like what I say then ignore me or add me to your foe list. You don't need to waste your time on someone that offers no value to you...

By the way, I'm still waiting for you to quote me.

^^that's me testing value^^ ;)
Last edited by jamesg46 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesg46

I knew it would happen... that "peace" of work crack head burgled an 84 yo man today. She has 3 pending court cases and will probably be bailed again. This time though a large gathering blocked her in our local shop until the police came which now brings on my next concern that she will now become a target within our community if she's let out.

Interestingly the officer who came to take a statement told me that the police aren't allowed to have the NHS app on their phones... surprising really considering how many people they must interact with on a daily basis.
jamesg46

He said it was down to hacking issues and people being able to track where they are... sounds like a conspiracy theory to me :D
greenmark

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:48 pm
He said it was down to hacking issues and people being able to track where they are... sounds like a conspiracy theory to me :D
Well, there's something on my phone thats gobbling the battery. The NHS app is the only app I run apart from Strava (which I've run for years with no issues). So I'm a bit sceptical about the efficiency of the NHS app in general.
jamesg46

greenmark wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:36 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Well, there's something on my phone thats gobbling the battery. The NHS app is the only app I run apart from Strava (which I've run for years with no issues). So I'm a bit sceptical about the efficiency of the NHS app in general.
The officer grinned at me and said "what an utter waste of time"... from his maskless face, which pleased me no end!
jamesg46

greenmark wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:36 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Thanks for giving me some support BTW, I'm not a nasty person, I just speak my mind. I'm far from intelligent but if people speak what they think then others can educate them by correcting. Thanks greenmark for being open minded.

Return to “General discussion”