RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Can't think of a more stupid invention than a folding smartphone, other than the watering can with a torch sellotaped to the spout for people who water their gardens at night time. It's not as if it doesn't fit easily in your pocket.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:11 pm
Can't think of a more stupid invention than a folding smartphone, other than the watering can with a torch sellotaped to the spout for people who water their gardens at night time. It's not as if it doesn't fit easily in your pocket.
Finally switched back from Samsung to IPhone last week & while I prefer IPhone by miles I’m not so sure it’s a good design to have the camera protruding…. I never gave it much thought at the time but I fear scratching the lens every time I put the thing down on the side… also when I sent a mate a happy birthday msg Siri asked me if I’d like to save the date to my calendar, talk about intrusive.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:27 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Finally switched back from Samsung to IPhone last week & while I prefer IPhone by miles I’m not so sure it’s a good design to have the camera protruding…. I never gave it much thought at the time but I fear scratching the lens every time I put the thing down on the side… also when I sent a mate a happy birthday msg Siri asked me if I’d like to save the date to my calendar, talk about intrusive.
I've heard iPhone apps are more stable and crash less but what puts me right off them is that the home screen isn't very customisable, from what I've read.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:43 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:27 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I've heard iPhone apps are more stable and crash less but what puts me right off them is that the home screen isn't very customisable, from what I've read.
I think that’s probably fair… not much on the home screen has changed since my last iPhone. What was good about android was the depth you could go to with 3rd party apps like streaming sports etc. iPhone seems to be a little more difficult.
greenmark

Slaughtering 100,000 healthy animals to landfill is a national disgrace.
Forget lack of labour, leave 'em in the field until they can be used.
I simply don't believe this is a sensible solution. I realise pigs are a commodity from an industry with low margins, but the idea of throwing them in the bin is appalling.
Of all domesticated animals, pigs are the top. We use everything but the oink.
Derek27

When I was little I was told to wash my hands after wiping my arse. When I was old enough to cook I was told to wash my hands after handling raw meat. Now we're told to wash our hands after touching anything at all.

Yet you can still buy a ready-to-cook meal with fresh chicken breast in it, with the sauce sachet dumped in with the raw chicken and the instructions simply say, "put the sauce sachet aside".

You need to wash your hands anyway because the flipping sauce sachet is covered in sauce and wet vegetables!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:15 pm
I simply don't believe this is a sensible solution. I realise pigs are a commodity from an industry with low margins, but the idea of throwing them in the bin is appalling.
You needn't worry about them. While the 100,000 pigs are being slaughtered, the government is engaged in talks to see what can be done.

Apparently, an overgrown pig produces chops so large they won't fit into the standard size package tray! I would have thought a larger tray would have been the solution but I'm probably missing something.
Derek27

The Queen's been pictured using a walking stick! She's only 95 years ols!
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:15 pm
Pigs are not like cattle/sheep, you can't just put them in a field ... they don't graze! You have to feed them bought food. Meat production is a conveyor belt, every week more mature for market. You can't just switch the process off. And it's not just the current ones ... it applies to those due to markets next week all the way to those not yet born.
Derek27

FFS, what's this "island of Ireland" all about? It's been called Ireland for decades. Nobody ever confused it with the Scilly or Shetland islands. Nobody's ever said "What island" when you mention Ireland!!
Derek27

Brazilian Serie A footballers. The aim of the game is to get the ball into one of those nets at either end of the pitch. There are 20 of you and only 2 idiots trying to stop you. What's the flipping problem?
sniffer66

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:13 am
Brazilian Serie A footballers. The aim of the game is to get the ball into one of those nets at either end of the pitch. There are 20 of you and only 2 idiots trying to stop you. What's the flipping problem?
Bribes
Derek27

Before I went away last week, workmen were digging up the roads installing high-speed fibre broadband; they completed the road to the east of my house, mysteriously they left a chunk out and worked to the west of my house. I thought at least they can do my part of the road while I'm away. But no! They timed it so their workers are digging right outside my flipping house the moment I return! I suspect shortly after I've gone to bed this morning the diggers will be firing up. :x
Derek27

Commentators having a chat and forgetting a match is on!!
Derek27

Stop talking about past footballers that nobody's ever heard about and start commentating on the match, FFS!

Return to “General discussion”