RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Done it again, I deleted a SV I thought I was no longer using. :lol:
Derek27

Kebab shops closed shortly after midnight! What is wrong with this flipping country??
Trader Pat

My mothers energy company rang today because her annual contract is up next month and in order to keep her as a 'valued customer' they offered her a new deal of 5% off gas and 9% off electricity, even though her current deal is 7% off gas and 14% off electricity! The same company are currently offering new customers 31% off gas and 40% off electricity. This is the kind of thing people should be marching in the street about as it effects pretty much everyone.

On a side rant I came out to the car this morning to find some wanker had thrown a half eaten kebab all over the windscreen. I didn't help matters by forgetting to turn off the air con before turning the ignition on .. now the car stinks! I'm not a violent person but if I catch whoever did it I'll slice up a ghost chilli and shove it up their jacksie!

I feel much better now.. thanks for listening! :D
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:37 pm
My mothers energy company rang today because her annual contract is up next month and in order to keep her as a 'valued customer' they offered her a new deal of 5% off gas and 9% off electricity, even though her current deal is 7% off gas and 14% off electricity! The same company are currently offering new customers 31% off gas and 40% off electricity. This is the kind of thing people should be marching in the street about as it effects pretty much everyone.
People can vote with their feet and change supplier every year. That way you're always a new customer.
Trader Pat wrote:
On a side rant I came out to the car this morning to find some wanker had thrown a half eaten kebab all over the windscreen. I didn't help matters by forgetting to turn off the air con before turning the ignition on .. now the car stinks! I'm not a violent person but if I catch whoever did it I'll slice up a ghost chilli and shove it up their jacksie!

I feel much better now.. thanks for listening! :D
Wasting a kebab should be an individual offence and severely punishable. I would have eaten it last night!
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Makes sense from their perspective. They figure they can attract new customers with discounts at a greater rate than they lose customers due to poor deals. The price comparison/switching mentality is to blame too, without the deals they don't get top ranking.
alexmr2

Trader Pat wrote:
Had some problems recently trying to find a new deal when my internet contract ran out and was put up by a decent amount.

IMO there should be more regulation on these types of essential bills because there must be thousands of vulnerable/elderly people losing out and paying extra because they are unable to use a computer, negotiate on the phone or just aren't even aware of the price hikes and need to constantly switch for the best price
Derek27

I particularly dislike Virgin Media's tactics. They put their prices up but offer you a deal for a bit more than you were paying if you upgrade your package. The deal only lasts 18 months, and then they offer you another 18 month deal for upgrading your package. So the price is still going up and your commiting yourself to a higher package. I would like to switch provider but don't have much choice and don't want to risk an unreliable connection with the reliability of VM as it is.
Derek27

FFS. Sitting here waiting for the 22:00 to start - it's only 21:00!
Trader Pat

alexmr2 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:58 pm
IMO there should be more regulation on these types of essential bills because there must be thousands of vulnerable/elderly people losing out and paying extra because they are unable to use a computer, negotiate on the phone or just aren't even aware of the price hikes and need to constantly switch for the best price
100% agree.

Particular annoys me being Irish because in 2014 the semi state owned Irish Water tried to bring in water charges for excess use and people literally marched on government buildings! It made the career of a few 'community activists' who were leading participants in the marches and now they're fully fledged politicians. But no mention of people marching about energy bills even though like you say its the old and vulnerable who feel the pinch more than others.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:50 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Makes sense from their perspective. They figure they can attract new customers with discounts at a greater rate than they lose customers due to poor deals. The price comparison/switching mentality is to blame too, without the deals they don't get top ranking.
Its a clever scam.

What a lot of the companies do is they offer you X% off and then after a few weeks they hike their prices up so what was 10% when you signed up is really 3-4% by the time your contract is coming to an end.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:38 pm
Wasting a kebab should be an individual offence and severely punishable. I would have eaten it last night!
It wouldn't have been wasted if I'd have seen who did it! :D
bennyboy351

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:05 pm
I particularly dislike Virgin Media's tactics. They put their prices up but offer you a deal for a bit more than you were paying if you upgrade your package. The deal only lasts 18 months, and then they offer you another 18 month deal for upgrading your package. So the price is still going up and your commiting yourself to a higher package. I would like to switch provider but don't have much choice and don't want to risk an unreliable connection with the reliability of VM as it is.
I have to smile when I hear the name "Virgin Media!" Ol' Richard must be laughing his socks off; I mean lending his name to a bunch of 'iffy' operators and no doubt getting a nice little bung in return!

I lost faith in VM years ago, when they stitched me up with a mobile phone 'deal' which I didn't actually authorise - it was a 'deal' done over the phone! NEVER again!

Finally, I have been trying to get VM to give us a price for a full FTTP setup. Apparently, they aren't offering such a service at present where I live - pity, because now that they have placed one of their cabinets next to our boundary wall, all they have to do is drill a couple of holes and chuck in a few feet of FULL fibre cabling (instead of the glorified Co-Ax they usually provide) and we'd be good to go....
Derek27

bennyboy351 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:09 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:05 pm
I have to smile when I hear the name "Virgin Media!" Ol' Richard must be laughing his socks off; I mean lending his name to a bunch of 'iffy' operators and no doubt getting a nice little bung in return!

I lost faith in VM years ago, when they stitched me up with a mobile phone 'deal' which I didn't actually authorise - it was a 'deal' done over the phone! NEVER again!

Finally, I have been trying to get VM to give us a price for a full FTTP setup. Apparently, they aren't offering such a service at present where I live - pity, because now that they have placed one of their cabinets next to our boundary wall, all they have to do is drill a couple of holes and chuck in a few feet of FULL fibre cabling (instead of the glorified Co-Ax they usually provide) and we'd be good to go....
I stopped using my VM email address when I tried to update my password and it wouldn't accept anything more than 10 characters!!

So much for IT security from a top provider!
Derek27

A goal was scored in the Brackley Town v Stockport match, and this is the info my bot had to detect it!
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Last week it was a toddler, today it's 12 year old school girls screaming the place down. Forget face masks, you need ear protection to enter a supermarket!

Return to “General discussion”