RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:38 pm
Wasting a kebab should be an individual offence and severely punishable. I would have eaten it last night!
It wouldn't have been wasted if I'd have seen who did it! :D
bennyboy351

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:05 pm
I particularly dislike Virgin Media's tactics. They put their prices up but offer you a deal for a bit more than you were paying if you upgrade your package. The deal only lasts 18 months, and then they offer you another 18 month deal for upgrading your package. So the price is still going up and your commiting yourself to a higher package. I would like to switch provider but don't have much choice and don't want to risk an unreliable connection with the reliability of VM as it is.
I have to smile when I hear the name "Virgin Media!" Ol' Richard must be laughing his socks off; I mean lending his name to a bunch of 'iffy' operators and no doubt getting a nice little bung in return!

I lost faith in VM years ago, when they stitched me up with a mobile phone 'deal' which I didn't actually authorise - it was a 'deal' done over the phone! NEVER again!

Finally, I have been trying to get VM to give us a price for a full FTTP setup. Apparently, they aren't offering such a service at present where I live - pity, because now that they have placed one of their cabinets next to our boundary wall, all they have to do is drill a couple of holes and chuck in a few feet of FULL fibre cabling (instead of the glorified Co-Ax they usually provide) and we'd be good to go....
Derek27

bennyboy351 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:09 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:05 pm
I particularly dislike Virgin Media's tactics. They put their prices up but offer you a deal for a bit more than you were paying if you upgrade your package. The deal only lasts 18 months, and then they offer you another 18 month deal for upgrading your package. So the price is still going up and your commiting yourself to a higher package. I would like to switch provider but don't have much choice and don't want to risk an unreliable connection with the reliability of VM as it is.
I have to smile when I hear the name "Virgin Media!" Ol' Richard must be laughing his socks off; I mean lending his name to a bunch of 'iffy' operators and no doubt getting a nice little bung in return!

I lost faith in VM years ago, when they stitched me up with a mobile phone 'deal' which I didn't actually authorise - it was a 'deal' done over the phone! NEVER again!

Finally, I have been trying to get VM to give us a price for a full FTTP setup. Apparently, they aren't offering such a service at present where I live - pity, because now that they have placed one of their cabinets next to our boundary wall, all they have to do is drill a couple of holes and chuck in a few feet of FULL fibre cabling (instead of the glorified Co-Ax they usually provide) and we'd be good to go....
I stopped using my VM email address when I tried to update my password and it wouldn't accept anything more than 10 characters!!

So much for IT security from a top provider!
Derek27

A goal was scored in the Brackley Town v Stockport match, and this is the info my bot had to detect it!
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Last week it was a toddler, today it's 12 year old school girls screaming the place down. Forget face masks, you need ear protection to enter a supermarket!
Derek27

Just found a checkout till sound effect that I was going to use for my green-ups, clicked the download button, $249 a year subscription for less than a second of sound!!!
Derek27

If a condiment manufacturer can print the words "Best before: see base" on their label, why can't they just print the flipping best before date on the label??

Or at lease advise you to seek advice from a blind person who understands brail to access the best before date. :x
Derek27

There was an o/u market tonight that traded a total of £4, and I lost £5 on it in practice mode. :lol:
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:42 pm
There was an o/u market tonight that traded a total of £4, and I lost £5 on it in practice mode. :lol:
Genius 🤣🤣🤣
Derek27

Even when I spent all day watching and studying horse racing, I never understood why they show the finish of the big races on the news, nevermind a handicap like the Ayr Gold Cup. Does anyone in the 98% of people not interested in horse racing care? :lol:
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:42 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:48 pm
Even when I spent all day watching and studying horse racing, I never understood why they show the finish of the big races on the news, nevermind a handicap like the Ayr Gold Cup. Does anyone in the 98% of people not interested in horse racing care? :lol:
Well at least it's real news rather than the "My 5 year old son is digging the neighbour's garden for charity" type of 'news' you get on BBC Breakfast!
Derek27

What sort of society are we living in where you can't send someone to prison for holding up the M25 without first giving them a court order prohibiting them from doing it??

I haven't been given a court order not to stick my hand up a woman's skirt. I just assumed it was against the law anyway. Perhaps I've got that wrong!
Derek27

Just received another email from Scottish Power demanding payment for an overdue bill. Looked at the bill, "please pay by 3rd Oct"!!

I think I'll take time off the rant thread and direct my abuse their way. :x
Derek27

If you're gonna sell cigarettes you should be properly trained for the job or at least know the difference between reds, blues and greens. Being a non-smoker is no flipping excuse!

Return to “General discussion”