RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:24 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:59 pm
Just back from a jubilee party where the guests were a mixture of people, mildly, moderately or severely anti-royal. :lol:

I was chatting to an XR woman, about 65-70 years old, proudly boasting about how she glued herself to roads, been arrested several times but charges were never pressed. She lived within walking distance but got a cab home. :roll:
I once had a friend give me a lecture about how we should listen to Greta to save the environment and then insisted on calling a taxi instead of walking half a mile home from the pub. Little did she know that global warming isn't working very well because Bill Gates is spraying chalk dust into the atmosphere
I'm pleased to hear that you once had a friend, sorry to hear that you've lost her.

What exactly does the friend that you once had have to do with my post, other than calling a taxi for a short distance?

It doesn't make any sense to say global warming isn't working, it's something that's happening, it's not a machine designed to work.

If you think Bill Gates is spraying chalk dust into the atmosphere can you start a new thread about it, instead of quoting posts that have nothing to do with it?
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:35 am
alexmr2 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:24 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:59 pm
Just back from a jubilee party where the guests were a mixture of people, mildly, moderately or severely anti-royal. :lol:

I was chatting to an XR woman, about 65-70 years old, proudly boasting about how she glued herself to roads, been arrested several times but charges were never pressed. She lived within walking distance but got a cab home. :roll:
I once had a friend give me a lecture about how we should listen to Greta to save the environment and then insisted on calling a taxi instead of walking half a mile home from the pub. Little did she know that global warming isn't working very well because Bill Gates is spraying chalk dust into the atmosphere
I'm pleased to hear that you once had a friend, sorry to hear that you've lost her.

What exactly does the friend that you once had have to do with my post, other than calling a taxi for a short distance?

It doesn't make any sense to say global warming isn't working, it's something that's happening, it's not a machine designed to work.

If you think Bill Gates is spraying chalk dust into the atmosphere can you start a new thread about it, instead of quoting posts that have nothing to do with it?
It's cold for June thanks to the chalk chemtrails blocking the sun ;)
Derek27

I stopped to look at my phone and a flipping cyclist nearly went into my back. It's not as if I was walking fast! :x :x
Derek27

I've just hoovered up my earphones. The wires were stuck in the brushy, twisty thing but the earphones were ripped off and in the dust container. :(
Derek27

The latest cost of living choice is eating or filling up your car!
greenmark

Great soundbite from RAC Fuel spokesman.
Retail fuel prices rise like a rocket and fall like a feather.
ShaunWhite

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:40 pm
Fall like a feather? If he'd done his physics he'd know all things fall at the same speed (albeit in a vacuum) . 😉.

https://youtu.be/KDp1tiUsZw8
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:08 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fall like a feather? If he'd done his physics he'd know all things fall at the same speed (albeit in a vacuum) . 😉.

I was gonna say the same thing myself, but then I thought it might sound a bit pedantic. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:10 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:08 pm
greenmark wrote:

I was gonna say the same thing myself, but then I thought it might sound a bit pedantic. :lol:
But since when did we live in a vacuum. That might be too deep a sociopolitical question though. :-)
Derek27

Since a 55-litre tank has hit the £100 landmark low-paid care workers can't afford to get to work, reportedly, but no problem reported when it just cost £99. Can they not just purchase 99% of what they used to and if necessary, walk the last 200 metres?
ShaunWhite

Despite what they say, apparently the country is rolling in money. The govt sent me £150 I don't need today. They'll probably say its cheaper to do that than assess need, but that's because the benefits system doesn't include people who need benefits and the tax office lives in a bubble of its own. Mismanagement is costing billions or.... Or maybe someone is trying to buy votes.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:28 pm
Despite what they say, apparently the country is rolling in money. The govt sent me £150 I don't need today. They'll probably say its cheaper to do that than assess need, but that's because the benefits system doesn't include people who need benefits and the tax office lives in a bubble of its own. Mismanagement is costing billions or.... Or maybe someone is trying to buy votes.
It's a free bet. :)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:15 pm

I've transferred mine to my son. He's in a similar situation to you Derek, bearing all the bills on his own rather than having a 2nd wage in the house, but even more difficult I guess cos he's got his own son to look after too now. I just can't understand why the govt is p!ssing money like this when so many don't need it and the rest need more.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:29 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:15 pm

I've transferred mine to my son. He's in a similar situation to you Derek, bearing all the bills on his own rather than having a 2nd wage in the house, but even more difficult I guess cos he's got his own son to look after too now. I just can't understand why the govt is p!ssing money like this when so many don't need it and the rest need more.
People who were on JSA or ESA who have been moved on to Universal Credit received a £25 uplift from the government during the lockdown. People who remained on the former legacy benefits, although with exactly the same needs, didn't, for the simple reason that their computer system couldn't handle it!

I reckon the government just couldn't be arsed to make sure the money gets to the people who need it, and probably doesn't care much, just as long as they're seen to be doing something and can claim they spent £X billion on helping people out.
transferFunds

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:28 pm
I don't get it cos I'm in too high a band but you can be pretty certain some of the old folks/families on my road need it a damn sight more than some of the people receiving it. Typical lazy policies of this government in the hope of buying votes.

Return to “General discussion”