RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
megarain

Cant get premium charge from Master Account site.

They gonna take it tomorrow .. is it working for anyone else ?

expletive expletive expletive
SeaHorseRacing

Sick of this shit!

Its friday night and I have decided to spend it working on tomorrows card at newmarket. Yet we still have to deal with this bollocks

This is racingposts result for a race I am in the middle of gathering speed stats.
ice_screenshot_20170505-202627.png
So according to the racing post the distance was 1m3f99yds which is exactly 2519 yards.

But according to the bha the rail has been moved and I need to add another 20 yards.
ice_screenshot_20170505-202942.png
Yet according to the bha the race distance is 1m3f and ABOUT 135 yards.
Yet racing posts old standard time is 145 seconds for the race but now all of a sudden its 144 seconds for standard.

So what the feck is it? and who the feck is right?

Fed up with the racing, they expect racing to get better but we cant even know exactly what a race distance is. This is for a big race at newmarket tomorrow.

Livid. wasted hours working on one race and cant get 100% data for all runners so no bet!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeaHorseRacing

Sorted it thanks to a mate...

Of all people to get there stats wrong it was the BHA.

You know what they re changed the race distances because of a mess they never recognised or dealt with and yet there data is still wrong!!
They are still stating changes on race cards yet are still advertising the wrong race distance!!!!

Unbelievable. Anyone who uses there website use with care because it would appear that adding 20 yards is also wrong!
jimibt

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Sorted it thanks to a mate...

Of all people to get there stats wrong it was the BHA.

You know what they re changed the race distances because of a mess they never recognised or dealt with and yet there data is still wrong!!
They are still stating changes on race cards yet are still advertising the wrong race distance!!!!

Unbelievable. Anyone who uses there website use with care because it would appear that adding 20 yards is also wrong!
thanks... this is one of those scenarios that most would be unaware of.
Euler

Thought fill rate was terrible today, hoping for better tomorrow.
StellaBot

SHR
Re BHA I do believe they give the assumed distace in advance( as all racecards show in many racing sites) but amend when course informs them of any changes, Its only longer adjusted distances by moving rails out etc RECENTLY as all or almost all courses should have a minimum "circumference" if that makes sense
PM me if you wish I can explain further
Dublin_Flyer

Regarding the distances, I hate the "extended" 2m4f commentators talk about, it's 2m5f minus the distance a girl can throw a stone! :lol:
SeaHorseRacing

StellaBot wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 1:13 pm
SHR
Re BHA I do believe they give the assumed distace in advance( as all racecards show in many racing sites) but amend when course informs them of any changes, Its only longer adjusted distances by moving rails out etc RECENTLY as all or almost all courses should have a minimum "circumference" if that makes sense
PM me if you wish I can explain further
Thanks for your message. I fully understand as I have my own standard times which has every race track time including the added and not added distances due to rail movement. Its just appears that Windsor have changed there race distances and BHA have failed to keep us updated as usual.

I havent updated my my standard times for a couple of years now and I remember why I got fed up with it. Cheers
StellaBot

No prob SHR
Sent pm re standardisation
StellaBot

Sent pm SHR
Mark-H

Going to call it quits for today, getting absolutely slaughtered! :o

Luckily, I've recorded my trades so I can watch back and see just where I'm going wrong. I've been caught out too many times on the wrong side with it running away from me.

Time to curl up with a coffee and read through the masterclass manual again.
kerberus

Mark-H wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 3:46 pm
Going to call it quits for today, getting absolutely slaughtered! :o

Time to curl up with a coffee and read through the masterclass manual again.
I'm 2 quid up, may as well get a paper round - :evil:
ShaunWhite

kerberus wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 4:08 pm
I'm 2 quid up, may as well get a paper round - :evil:
I'll have a Racing Post and a Morning Star pls ;)
kerberus

Good - my first customer!!
:D
Naffman

Earning about 3x more on Winter racing thus far than the summer, knew its overhyped but thats some difference!

Return to “General discussion”