RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Mark-H

Going to call it quits for today, getting absolutely slaughtered! :o

Luckily, I've recorded my trades so I can watch back and see just where I'm going wrong. I've been caught out too many times on the wrong side with it running away from me.

Time to curl up with a coffee and read through the masterclass manual again.
kerberus

Mark-H wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 3:46 pm
Going to call it quits for today, getting absolutely slaughtered! :o

Time to curl up with a coffee and read through the masterclass manual again.
I'm 2 quid up, may as well get a paper round - :evil:
ShaunWhite

kerberus wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 4:08 pm
I'm 2 quid up, may as well get a paper round - :evil:
I'll have a Racing Post and a Morning Star pls ;)
kerberus

Good - my first customer!!
:D
Naffman

Earning about 3x more on Winter racing thus far than the summer, knew its overhyped but thats some difference!
ruthlessimon

Naffman wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 5:08 pm
Earning about 3x more on Winter racing thus far than the summer, knew its overhyped but thats some difference!
defo worthy of a rant. also highlights the importance of keeping a log/journal
SeaHorseRacing

For anyone who uses freelancer!! The site is amazing and I think its brilliant for getting access to very cheap labour especially when it comes to programming.

However, how difficult is it to explain on how to scrape some betfair data! Grrr!!!

If anyone can recommend a good freelancer programmer with great English would be a great help!! There all indian or bangaledshi!!
Naffman

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 10:53 pm
The site is amazing and I think its brilliant for getting access to very cheap labour especially when it comes to programming.

There all indian or bangaledshi!!
I think you answered your own question there haha! I would think the more English they can speak the more they cost?
SeaHorseRacing

I have met two great programmers on freelancer who have done a lot of work and they were really cheap! one Belgium and one American. Ones retired and the other has disappeared of the face of the earth.
Steph (belguim) created a betfair bot for me about 6/7 years ago when I was completely clueless with trading but he doesnt seem to exist anymore.

Just cannot find a good one anywhere now!! :cry:

I dont mind paying a bit more but I am just bombared with foreigners who cant even speak English. If I request English skills there a few programmers!
workpeter

they making bots to hook into the betfair APIs for you or just spreadsheet bots using bet angel?
SeaHorseRacing

workpeter wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 11:39 pm
they making bots to hook into the betfair APIs for you or just spreadsheet bots using bet angel?
Simple spreadsheet data collection.
trader44

my ex missus does my head in , you would think we are still together the way she goes on at me ..
that feels much better now i have found the RANT CORNER .
SeaHorseRacing

trader44 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 4:36 pm
my ex missus does my head in , you would think we are still together the way she goes on at me ..
that feels much better now i have found the RANT CORNER .
:lol:
SeaHorseRacing

Why does Ed Chamberlain have the need to state the great fun, or comedy from Matt Chapman every time the link goes back to Ed. He starting to get on my nerves!
EyePeaSea

Ok - bad day on the GeeGees - so I'm going to have a petty rant...

Why does the BetDaq P&L webpage show the Gross P&L rather than the Net P&L? So, to find out what I've actually won, I have to click into the Market P&L detail for each race. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but there's no need. Why would *anyone* need to know what their Gross P&L is? On BF - you get the list and can just read down the Net P&L.

I know, it's not a big deal - just click on the market to get the detail or 'expand all' and then spend extra time scrolling down page fulls. But it's so needless. It's almost as if they want to make it deliberately look better than it is by highlighting the profit lines before they take commission.

The phone app is even worse - there, you can't get the net P&L at all from the P&L screen (unless I'm just being dumb).

I'm old - and the older I get, the more I resent people wasting what little time I have left. :cry:

Yous sincerely,

Irate from Hook.

Return to “General discussion”