RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:32 am
Sounds like a BIOS/UEFI or motherboard problem if you can't access the setup screen. Good luck with it!
After wasting a few hours yesterday (does that count to my weekly total?) I’ve decided to buy a Mac mini. Pick up in an hour or so.

Eventually I’ll pull the data off the old drives or turn them in to network storage or something like that.
Derek27

Sky Sports seem to know that the Portland/Inter Miami match starts around 22:50 but Betfair doesn't! I wonder how much of my 60 hours is wasted waiting for a match to start. :x
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:08 pm
Just received another email from Scottish Power demanding payment for an overdue bill. Looked at the bill, "please pay by 3rd Oct"!!

I think I'll take time off the rant thread and direct my abuse their way. :x
Did just that. My emails were quite abusive as you can imagine. Got a grovelling apology, IT error sending out overdue letters at the same time as bills, and got a compensation payment.

Much like my automation was doing yesterday, opening a trade at the same time as my green-up rule triggered. :D
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:27 am
Kit Malthouse, Minister for Crime and Policing: If you're in any doubt about the authenticity of a police officer who [tasered and] arrests you, you can dial 999. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What these idiots are saying is absolute crap ... if Sarah Everard had followed all of their suggestions she would still have been killed because she would have been told on every occasion that he was puka! And every criminal now has a ready made defence against resisting arrest.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:57 am
Derek27 wrote:
Kit Malthouse, Minister for Crime and Policing: If you're in any doubt about the authenticity of a police officer who [tasered and] arrests you, you can dial 999. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What these idiots are saying is absolute crap ... if Sarah Everard had followed all of their suggestions she would still have been killed because she would have been told on every occasion that he was puka! And every criminal now has a ready made defence against resisting arrest.
It's got worse since I made that comment. A police chief said women should be more street-wise and Sarah shouldn't have got into his car - as if you have a choice when arrested!

As for talking to the controller - he could just have a radio linked to his mate!!

I feel really sorry for the good guys. I've never had much problem with the police despite being of Asian origin and living in London when I was younger but now, with another PC being charged with rape, making arrests is going to be difficult.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:30 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:57 am
Derek27 wrote:
It's got worse since I made that comment. A police chief said women should be more street-wise and Sarah shouldn't have got into his car - as if you have a choice when arrested!

As for talking to the controller - he could just have a radio linked to his mate!!

I feel really sorry for the good guys. I've never had much problem with the police despite being of Asian origin and living in London when I was younger but now, with another PC being charged with rape, making arrests is going to be difficult.
Totally agree Derek ... this is going to open a whole can of worms. I'm not expecting to be arrested of anything but if I should be I will just refuse to be arrested ... they will say I resisted arrest and I would say I couldn't trust them and claim my legal right to defend myself. Some may say "but you are not a woman' well that's another issue I haven't raised yet but in 2019 twice as many men as women were murdered and in 2020 three times as many ..... why can men not be protected .......... Male lives matter!!
Derek27

Don't you get sick of making an online purchase and being offered £16.87 off your next purchase? You click on the link and find you have to pay £15 per month for the privilege!
Derek27

Just changed my PayPal password, they won't colons, hyphens or underscores!!
firlandsfarm

I think this is my first rant and strangly I'm not going to say anything I'll just leave it to this Mirror page but I'm raging inside!
greenmark

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:52 pm
I think this is my first rant and strangly I'm not going to say anything I'll just leave it to this Mirror page but I'm raging inside!
Don't rage. They're not worth it. I'm 60. I assess risk and take chances accordingly. How can you compensate for someone that is drunk? They could throw themselves off a building, How do you protect people from their own stupidity?
I've often wondered about bungie jumpers, base jumpers, hang gliders. Is that joy of life or reckless stupidity?
I should point out here I've ridden a motorbike at 90 mph down a country lane. That was reckless stupidity.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Stupidity has no limits, so it seems. If I was the owner of the premises I'd sue them for any damage to the property.
Seth

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:17 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Stupidity has no limits, so it seems. If I was the owner of the premises I'd sue them for any damage to the property.
Surely the sensible thing would have been to have the metal barrier at the top to stop people getting in, not getting out of, the tube. They should sue :)
Derek27

Another 737 took off from one of the supermarket aisles.
Derek27

I'm in practice mode and I stand to lose £290 if there's no score because my bot overlaid. What do I do, green up or see if it would have lost? :lol:
Derek27

HTF do you kill a worm? Been clearing out the grot between the patio slabs, where worms live. No matter how many pieces you cut them into they still wriggle about! It will take me weeks to overcome the guilt of today!

Return to “General discussion”