RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

rik wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:26 am
why are you talking to this bot like its a person

Try not to get too angry, they can just decide they dont want you as a customer, they clearly profile accounts in terms of betting behaviour they probably keep record of how much work you are in terms of occupying customer support complaining etc
I'm pretty sure anyone who uses them will take up a lot of time. They're never straight to the point and usually take you on a wild goose chase. No wonder they're always busy.

He offered to suspend my account while he escalates the matter but I decided to keep it open and just asked him to escalate it. I'll just have to trade cautiously.
rik

I guess most queries are easily resolved with pre set answer buttons so its a balance of providing good customer support and cost
Some websites dont offer live chat at all because too expensive
if your premium customer you get a private email/whatsapp
just type in customer service or call them up instead of overcomplicating
Derek27

rik wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:47 am
I guess most queries are easily resolved with pre set answer buttons so its a balance of providing good customer support and cost
Some websites dont offer live chat at all because too expensive
if your premium customer you get a private email/whatsapp
just type in customer service or call them up instead of overcomplicating
Overcomplicating??? All I said was someone's got my username and tries to log in. Couldn't have kept it any simpler than that. Those dim-wits seem to think that changing my password will magically change my username!

I've used the vip address you gave me and got a response but this was an emergency - I couldn't wait a couple of days to get into my account.

Most queries on this forum can't be easily resolved by pressing a few buttons so I doubt Betfair CS would be any different.
rik

you seemed to confuse the initial assessment guy/bot and told him to fuck off
they have to deal with a lot of guys simultaneously lot of them drunk idiots forgot their password or think they were robbed again because they dont understand the rules
Derek27

rik wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:46 am
you seemed to confuse the initial assessment guy/bot and told him to fuck off
they have to deal with a lot of guys simultaneously lot of them drunk idiots forgot their password or think they were robbed again because they dont understand the rules
I was angry! Whether it's a bot or human it's a valid response to someone/thing answering a question they prefer to answer instead of the actual question and when a human comes along they can read it. Think of it as customer feedback, which they always ask for. :) By the time I get to the end of the conversation I'm usually too irate to do the survey.

I had a beautiful, easy to remember password even though it was randomly generated but now I'm thinking of upgrading it to 20 characters and withdrawing most of my funds until the issue's resolved. I can't do any serious trading in case I get locked out of my account. :(
rik

its a flip on the chance you get logged out mid trade isnt it, might just get lucky
Derek27

rik wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:32 pm
its a flip on the chance you get logged out mid trade isnt it, might just get lucky
You might get lucky when there's an outage but nobody wants more of them. :)
Derek27

Account suspended now and under investigation after another 200 login attempts. :x :x
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:20 am
Account suspended now and under investigation after another 200 login attempts. :x :x
my bad..soz... does the password end with a ! or a 1 .. ?? :D
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:20 am
Derek. Get on Foxy Bingo darling !!! Friday is a GOOD day for turning-over pensioners. If you get caught the algorithm suspends all activities for no more than ten minutes, then generates a £2 Costa Coffee voucher. It's great FUN, love it ...

Stay safe
Minnie LAI
Jukebox

The Silk Run wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:39 am
Derek. Get on Foxy Bingo darling !!! Friday is a GOOD day for turning-over pensioners. If you get caught the algorithm suspends all activities for no more than ten minutes, then generates a £2 Costa Coffee voucher. It's great FUN, love it ...

Stay safe
Minnie LAI
LOL Livin' life in the fast lane.
Derek27

Don't know how long it's going to take but at least I can get on with the jobs I've been putting off, namely digging my vegetable strip, treating my garden fence, trimming my curtains, assembling my multigym, and re-writing my old code, the latter being the only job that doesn't get me off my arse. :)

Meanwhile, the forum can have a break from my ranting and political debate. :D
Derek27

Received an umbrella and some lightbulbs through the post this week. The umbrella handle was broken, the lightbulbs are the wrong wattage. What's so flipping difficult about taking a 75W bulb off the shelf and putting it in a bag??
gazuty

Bus passenger has lengthy, loud mobile call, complete with names, lots of details etc of personal circumstances, personal woes etc. maybe I’m old school by not myself wearing headphones on the bus and screening out all noise but think about ones surrounds before yabbering out personal and private details loudly in a public space ...
to75ne

gazuty wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:37 am
Bus passenger has lengthy, loud mobile call, complete with names, lots of details etc of personal circumstances, personal woes etc. maybe I’m old school by not myself wearing headphones on the bus and screening out all noise but think about ones surrounds before yabbering out personal and private details loudly in a public space ...

Bus, why? You need to get a car.

Return to “General discussion”