RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 6:02 pm
Emmson wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 5:33 pm
I wonder if forum squabbles are more likely to break out if one or both of the participants have had a bad trading day?
I doubt it. A really good day's trading won't make CS less of a Christian, firlandsfarm less right-wing or me less Republican or atheist. :)
Agreed but you missed out "less left-wing"! :lol:
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 11:38 pm
Meantime we've had the 199th killing of 4 or more this year in the US.
Read this and weep.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/arti ... itutional/

This Governer Abbott chap has described the latest shooting as an "unspeakable tragedy" what a flipping hypocrite!!
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/repo ... s-shooting

What a crazy country!
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 9:30 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 6:02 pm
Emmson wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 5:33 pm
I wonder if forum squabbles are more likely to break out if one or both of the participants have had a bad trading day?
I doubt it. A really good day's trading won't make CS less of a Christian, firlandsfarm less right-wing or me less Republican or atheist. :)
Agreed but you missed out "less left-wing"! :lol:
I don't consider myself very left-wing, just left of centre. I have some capitalistic beliefs and I'm quite right-wing when it comes to crime. Bang up the bastards. :)
greenmark

The BBC are employing idiots with a slack attitude t precision.

"Reports this week have suggested the Australian is a potential target for Tottenham as they seeks a new manager."

I may be bonkers but that 's' drives me potty. These people are supposedly wordsmiths. They can't even be botherd to spellchick there own ouput.
Croutons!!!
Derek27

I keep hearing a story on the news about the guy that opened an aircraft door at 700 feet but no mention of how it was possible!

He might have mistaken it for the toilet!
Derek27

Does anyone care who Phillip Schofield was shagging while on This Morning?

It wasn't Holly. :lol:
airtomoreira

I think it's more a case of "does anyone care who was shagging Philip Schofield"!!
Derek27

When you switch from one ladder to another to save you the bother of scrolling down a page, make sure the correct stake is selected on the new ladder. :)
Derek27

airtomoreira wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 6:49 am
I think it's more a case of "does anyone care who was shagging Philip Schofield"!!
Every young guy working for ITV will. They'll all be saying, it wasn't me! :lol: :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 3:30 pm
airtomoreira wrote:
Every young guy working for ITV will. They'll all be saying, it wasn't me! :lol: :lol:
Or... it was me. Equals tabloid kerching. How far has Schofield fallen. Mr Squeaky clean has had his career and reputation foobared.
But I imagine he has a penny or two to get by.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 3:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:
airtomoreira wrote:
Or... it was me. Equals tabloid kerching. How far has Schofield fallen. Mr Squeaky clean has had his career and reputation foobared.
What’s the odds this turns into a Kevin Spacey saga ?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
airtomoreira wrote:
He'll need it. I doubt Webuyanycar will want anything to do with him now.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 3:53 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

There's always the advert voiceovers, nice little earner.
But let's cut the guy some slack. He's not his brother. His main crime for me is pretending to be straight when he was gay. It says a lot about our society when an apex broadcaster can be brought down for having a sexual relationship of their choice. OK he cheated on his wife. Well F*** me sideways a celeb cheating on their partner? Who'd have thought such a thing!!!!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 4:25 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 3:53 pm
greenmark wrote:

There's always the advert voiceovers, nice little earner.
But let's cut the guy some slack. He's not his brother. His main crime for me is pretending to be straight when he was gay. It says a lot about our society when an apex broadcaster can be brought down for having a sexual relationship of their choice. OK he cheated on his wife. Well F*** me sideways a celeb cheating on their partner? Who'd have thought such a thing!!!!
It's amazing how somebody's career falls to pieces over revelations that aren't even out of the ordinary. There was the Blue Peter presenter that snorted cocaine - the BBC sacked him and withdrew all their annuals because he was on the front cover. Then there was the East 17 frontman who was caught off-guard and said taking ecstasy is okay - was kicked out of the group and suffered a serious motorcycle accident a few months later. Bad things certainly come in clusters!
Derek27

Tried to cancel a bet, missed the bet column and ended up doubling it instead. :lol:

Return to “General discussion”