RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:47 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:54 pm
I just bought a new thesaurus for Xmas and when I got home all the pages were completely blank.

I have no words to describe how angry I am right now :x
That should be on the jokes thread. :)
I knew you were going to say that but thought it would be funnier here :D
Derek27

Booked a 12 to 4 slot for a Virgin Media technician to call. Just got a text expecting the time slot to be narrowed down. Still 12 - 4!
Derek27

The sun's just appeared for the first time in 4 months, albeit, just for 5 minutes.
Derek27

With people in the UK and around the world starving, some flipping tosser dumps a chicken on the shelf because he's too lazy to place it in a refrigerator just a few feet away!! :x :x
bennyboy351

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:53 pm
With people in the UK and around the world starving, some flipping tosser dumps a chicken on the shelf because he's too lazy to place it in a refrigerator just a few feet away!! :x :x
Sadly, the 'modern' WESTERN world has not a clue what REAL hunger means! A friend of mine tells a story of an old guy (gone now, sadly) who, whenever he was in the company of people who said things like: "I'm STARVING!" would say that they had no idea what REAL starvation was! He survived a concentration camp and so KNEW what REAL starvation was...

The main problem these days, is that too many people know nothing about REAL deprivation!...
firlandsfarm

bennyboy351 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:30 pm
Sadly, the 'modern' WESTERN world has not a clue what REAL hunger means! A friend of mine tells a story of an old guy (gone now, sadly) who, whenever he was in the company of people who said things like: "I'm STARVING!" would say that they had no idea what REAL starvation was! He survived a concentration camp and so KNEW what REAL starvation was...

The main problem these days, is that too many people know nothing about REAL deprivation!...
Amen to that
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Decided to get the old coffee maker out since it's Christmas. flipping useless - half the coffee ends up in the jar, the other half on the kitchen worktop!
bennyboy351

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:17 pm
Decided to get the old coffee maker out since it's Christmas. flipping useless - half the coffee ends up in the jar, the other half on the kitchen worktop!
LOL! If you were TRULY British, you would make TEA - not that colonial muck! LOL Happy New Year! :-)
greenmark

bennyboy351 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:
LOL! If you were TRULY British, you would make TEA - not that colonial muck! LOL Happy New Year! :-)
Isn't tea one of THE most colonial products? We wouldn't have it in the UK without colonising India, Ceylon (Sri Lanka). Although, I guess it depends on which nation you are referring to as a coloniser or how you define a coloniser.
bennyboy351

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:52 pm
bennyboy351 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Isn't tea one of THE most colonial products? We wouldn't have it in the UK without colonising India, Ceylon (Sri Lanka). Although, I guess it depends on which nation you are referring to as a coloniser or how you define a coloniser.
Good point! I guess my 'dig' at our American friends preffering Coffee over Tea as the result of a tax row could have been better worded! :-)
greenmark

bennyboy351 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:35 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:52 pm
bennyboy351 wrote:

Good point! I guess my 'dig' at our American friends preffering Coffee over Tea as the result of a tax row could have been better worded! :-)
I knew far less about this than I thought. Sure enough "America" turned their back on tea. Boston Tea Party etc. But it seems it was British Americans that were most angry about having taxaton imposed on them from over the pond. But it was taxation without representation in the parliament that was imposing the taxation.
Jolly complicated. Ta for prodding me into investigating (well, googling :-)).
Seth

bennyboy351 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:30 pm

And that's a bad thing!!

To be honest the old guy sounds like a right miserable old git if he goes onto some rant about concentration camps everything someone innocently states they're "starving". People are always likely to see things from their own perspective doesn't mean they don't have empathy for others who've had it worse.
jimibt

grrr - the FSA are meddling with Binance now in the same way that Betfair is being meddled with by committee.

Futures, Options and Leverage are no longer available (in the UK). These feckin instruments in various combos, allowed you to hedge your positions and exploit short term fluctuations. feckin well annoyed. thought that migrating from BF to crypto was the holy grail (and was in its previous makeup) - sadly, looks like some folks have done some digging and don't like that the little man was making independent gains..

anyway -rant over -for now!! happy new year all!
Derek27

FFS, log in to my banking website, get distracted by either Kimberley Leonard or news about Prince Andrew, or both, and then two minutes later I'm logged out for inactivity! I'll probably be logged out now for writing this post!!
Derek27

I've just received offers for a McDonald's plant burger, plant-based nuggets and a footlong plant-based sub, FFS!

Return to “General discussion”