RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:59 pm
WTF do people do for hours on end in Burger King/McDonald's?

Just shove your burger down your gob and get out!
WTF do people do for hours on end in the pub ? :D I don't recommend you becomming a landlord!

But I think it's because so many don't have their own place or even a car to go and sit in. And we had pubs who didn't mind you being 16 if you behaved. Being young these days is crap.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:56 pm
Derek27 wrote:

WTF do people do for hours on end in the pub ? :D I don't recommend you becomming a landlord!

But I think it's because so many don't have their own place or even a car to go and sit in. And we had pubs who didn't mind you being 16 if you behaved. Being young these days is crap.
You used to get the odd old boy you'd buy a half early in the evening and still be drinking it at closing time, but when I go into McDonald's I often see somebody purchase their food just before me. But the time I've got it down my gob and ready to leave, they've taken a few small bites out of their burger and they're nibbling on a chip!
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:12 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:56 pm
Derek27 wrote:

You used to get the odd old boy you'd buy a half early in the evening and still be drinking it at closing time, but when I go into McDonald's I often see somebody purchase their food just before me. But the time I've got it down my gob and ready to leave, they've taken a few small bites out of their burger and they're nibbling on a chip!
Maybe they enjoy the ambience :)
Derek27

I'm half-minded to create a rule file simply to measure the ratio of suspend/unsuspended time for a match!
Derek27

Our commission discount should be based, not on points but on the percentage of 90 minutes that a match has been suspended for.
Derek27

When we walk into our own homes, or somebody else's, we instinctively wipe our feet on the doormat, no matter how much we've had to drink. What is it about shops that make people forget what a doormat's for?

After Tesco Metro I popped into the kebab shop. I didn't wipe my feet there because they didn't have one, but I can see why!
Derek27

BREAKING NEWS: Hot summers are going to become more frequent!
Derek27

Absolutely ridiculous having to go to three supermarkets to get basic stuff like soap, and paracetomols!
Derek27

Neighbours started arguing at 7:00 and kept it up for three hours. What a relief when one of them had to go to work!
Derek27

FFS, an Argentinian Primera B Nacional match may not be as exciting to watch as a Premiership match, but it's still a football match, it trades just like any other - just trade it!!
greenmark

The BBC is letting me down day after day.

"Thunderstorms begin in the UK after heatwave". What's the message here? The word "begin" suggests a trend for ...... a bit.
And in any case FFS thunderstorms after hot weather? Who'd have thunk it! And this twaddle is on the homepage.
Is this really newsworthy? Am I a crotchety old reactionary git that should shut up?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:56 pm
The BBC is letting me down day after day.

"Thunderstorms begin in the UK after heatwave". What's the message here? The word "begin" suggests a trend for ...... a bit.
And in any case FFS thunderstorms after hot weather? Who'd have thunk it! And this twaddle is on the homepage.
Is this really newsworthy? Am I a crotchety old reactionary git that should shut up?
Yes, that's why the rant thread was created. :D
ShaunWhite

Non-newsworthy stories in the news is a sign nothing huge and horrible has happened. I'll take that.

😁https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39633603

It's getting harder to remember what a slow news day looked like.

But on 18 April 1930, the BBC's news announcer had nothing to communicate. "There is no news," was the script of the 20:45 news bulletin, before piano music was played for the rest of the 15-minute segment
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:07 pm
Non-newsworthy stories in the news is a sign nothing huge and horrible has happened. I'll take that.

😁https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39633603

It's getting harder to remember what a slow news day looked like.

But on 18 April 1930, the BBC's news announcer had nothing to communicate. "There is no news," was the script of the 20:45 news bulletin, before piano music was played for the rest of the 15-minute segment
I'm sure there was a war raging somewhere plus a few murders in the UK. They just didn't have lightning-quick access to it. :)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:43 pm
plus a few murders in the UK. They just didn't have lightning-quick access to it. :)
Local murders are news. I used to be a news-o-holic, these days I just watch the local news sometimes to find out what the new wheelie bins are all about or the worse places for seagull related chip thefts. I'm that news-ignorant person I never understood, and I'm happier for it. "How sweet to be an idiot" as the song goes. :D

Return to “General discussion”