RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Getting that flipping "dong dong dong" sound again on my headphones. You used to get electronic devices that took rechargeable and changable AAA cells, you could even call them R03, UM-4, HP16, MN2400 - whatever you choose to call them, you could simply take them out and replace them with alkaline cells.

Now you can only buy devices you have to chuck away when the battery's worn out!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:35 am
greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:59 am
I don't get colds. Because I socially distance meticulously . :-)
Although it ain't easy. And along with inaccurate weather forecasts, shopping trolley behaviour, speeding in car parks and sily old buggers in supermarkets believing that a mask is a covid forcefield, my life is less than 1% as bad as someone in Africa, Syria or Yemen et al. 1st world problems eh! :-)
I socially distance meticulously, except for kissing my girlfriend who goes fuck knows where, and doesn't seem to have any regard for the lockdown.

When this covid issue is finally over, I think we should have a full and worldwide lockdown to kill the common cold. Whenever I've had a bad cold I've always wondered whether it's possible, but now we've got experience in lockdowns, social distancing and isolation...

And what about vaccines for the common cold, if they can compress 10 years of vaccine production into a few months? It may not kill but it makes me feel as though I'm dying. ;)
There's no chance of a vaccine for the common cold. I mean, come on! What a money earner for the pharm industry, every year?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:11 am
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:59 am
I don't get colds. Because I socially distance meticulously . :-)
Although it ain't easy. And along with inaccurate weather forecasts, shopping trolley behaviour, speeding in car parks and sily old buggers in supermarkets believing that a mask is a covid forcefield, my life is less than 1% as bad as someone in Africa, Syria or Yemen et al. 1st world problems eh! :-)
I socially distance meticulously, except for kissing my girlfriend who goes fuck knows where, and doesn't seem to have any regard for the lockdown.

When this covid issue is finally over, I think we should have a full and worldwide lockdown to kill the common cold. Whenever I've had a bad cold I've always wondered whether it's possible, but now we've got experience in lockdowns, social distancing and isolation...

And what about vaccines for the common cold, if they can compress 10 years of vaccine production into a few months? It may not kill but it makes me feel as though I'm dying. ;)
There's no chance of a vaccine for the common cold. I mean, come on! What a money earner for the pharm industry, every year?
I'd be willing to pay a lot for my dose. When I was last working for an employer I had a lot of days off when I had a cold, and a lot off days of when I didn't. And I had every Friday off because I felt I had enough for the week. :D

There must be a lot of lost revenue due to people unable to work with a really bad cold, plus the sheer misery of having snot constantly dripping off your nose - it should be the world's next priority. :)
Derek27

I flipping know "Listening at a high volume for a long time may damage your hearing". You tell me every flipping time I play music!!!
beermonsterman

:evil: non runners do my head in but my automation bot loves them for some shitty reason :roll:
beermonsterman

beermonsterman wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:47 pm
:evil: non runners do my head in but my automation bot loves them for some shitty reason :roll:
Im close to beer o clock and tinfoil hat time LMFBO :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
gazuty

Sydney airport this morning.

Number of people down - queues way longer (everyone in masks but no social distancing) so it was a paradox.

Business lounge packed. 😢

Coffee queue very long but moved swiftly. 👍
Emmson

1st post here

Haribo is awful :x a 4th division outfit in confectionary/sweets despite dominating the shelves.
Emmson

Emmson wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 pm
1st post here

Haribo is awful :x a 4th division outfit in confectionary/sweets despite dominating the shelves.
On the other hand Morrisons own brand Milk Bottles are the best I have tried, Aldi = horrible, Tesco = unremarkable
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:33 pm
Emmson wrote:
1st post here

On the other hand Morrisons own brand Milk Bottles are the best I have tried, Aldi = horrible, Tesco = unremarkable
Are you old enough to gamble? I stopped eating things like that when I was 12. :)
beermonsterman

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:59 pm
Emmson wrote:
Emmson wrote:
1st post here

Are you old enough to gamble? I stopped eating things like that when I was 12. :)
Its beer o clock Deka :lol: :lol: :lol:
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:24 am
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

I'd be willing to pay a lot for my dose. When I was last working for an employer I had a lot of days off when I had a cold, and a lot off days of when I didn't. And I had every Friday off because I felt I had enough for the week. :D

There must be a lot of lost revenue due to people unable to work with a really bad cold, plus the sheer misery of having snot constantly dripping off your nose - it should be the world's next priority. :)
Viruses are an essential part of life and needed to maintain our immune system, health and much more.

There isn't always a silver bullet solution that requires zero effort and has no side effects. It's like saying there's a magic solution to instantly improve your fitness instead of doing exercise, to instantly increase your knowledge without studying or to buy a trading system strawberry strategy video pack course book and become profitable without losses the next day
Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:59 pm
Emmson wrote:
Emmson wrote:
1st post here

LOL

I buy bags of sweets every week and rarely buy alcohol :) maybe I'm an oddity. :D
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:14 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:24 am
greenmark wrote:

Viruses are an essential part of life and needed to maintain our immune system, health and much more.

There isn't always a silver bullet solution that requires zero effort and has no side effects. It's like saying there's a magic solution to instantly improve your fitness instead of doing exercise, to instantly increase your knowledge without studying or to buy a trading system strawberry strategy video pack course book and become profitable without losses the next day
That was a joke Alex, about being the world's next prioity. Obviously it wouldn't be practical to put the whole world in lockdown. Besides, too many people won't believe the common cold exists and carry on spreading it. ;)
abgespaced

I am ranting about having ranted the other day on the cricket thread and for doubting myself.

Return to “General discussion”