RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
andy28

I think there is around 64 genders at last count, it's going to be one heck of a changing room. The upside is if they do it for toilets as well that should relieve the queues at half time, freeing up the hand basins for the purpose for which they were designed
Derek27

andy28 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:18 pm
...freeing up the hand basins for the purpose for which they were designed
:lol: :lol: It's been a long time since I've been to a busy racecourse but I still remember that.
Derek27

I think the Olympic panel should just vote on the question, would you like to shag the applicant? If the majority vote yes, they can compete in women's sport. Simple. :)
Derek27

CAROL MALONE: Offenders shouldn't be given charge of a 10-ton truck.

How I wish I managed a petrol station that she drove into. Sorry Carol, the delivery driver's had issues with HMRC, so you can't have any petrol. :D
Derek27

Kit Malthouse, Minister for Crime and Policing: If you're in any doubt about the authenticity of a police officer who [tasered and] arrests you, you can dial 999. :lol: :lol: :lol:
gazuty

Got the message on my desktop PC this morning to do a Windows update. I thought Saturday morning was a good time to do it.

And that was all she wrote - never booted up again. I can’t even get to the bios screen. Faaaaaaaarrrrrrkkkkkkkkk.

On the plus side everything is backed up, I don’t use it for work or for bet angel (I use vps).

But working out whether it is the motherboard or is it the C Drive it’s just so frustrating. I can’t even get it to boot off a bootable USB.
Derek27

gazuty wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:39 am
Got the message on my desktop PC this morning to do a Windows update. I thought Saturday morning was a good time to do it.

And that was all she wrote - never booted up again. I can’t even get to the bios screen. Faaaaaaaarrrrrrkkkkkkkkk.

On the plus side everything is backed up, I don’t use it for work or for bet angel (I use vps).

But working out whether it is the motherboard or is it the C Drive it’s just so frustrating. I can’t even get it to boot off a bootable USB.
Sounds like a BIOS/UEFI or motherboard problem if you can't access the setup screen. Good luck with it!
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:51 am
Sounds like a BIOS/UEFI or motherboard problem if you can't access the setup screen. Good luck with it!
Yep. (long answer follows).

I plugged the hard drive into the kids gaming computer (after taking the boot drive out of the kids gaming computer and replacing it with the drive from my desktop). The windows installation was stuck at 35% implemented. I have been able to complete the Windows update and get it to boot up on the kids gaming computer.

Returning to my desktop computer and reinstalling everything I still do not even get the BIOS screen. So Derek you are right - it is the motherboard.

Put the screwdriver across jbat 1 but still no luck.
Derek27

gazuty wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:14 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:51 am
Yep. (long answer follows).

I plugged the hard drive into the kids gaming computer (after taking the boot drive out of the kids gaming computer and replacing it with the drive from my desktop). The windows installation was stuck at 35% implemented. I have been able to complete the Windows update and get it to boot up on the kids gaming computer.

Returning to my desktop computer and reinstalling everything I still do not even get the BIOS screen. So Derek you are right - it is the motherboard.

Put the screwdriver across jbat 1 but still no luck.
That's odd. I would have thought booting a hard drive in the wrong computer would result in all sorts of boot/hardware problems as your booting an OS configured for a different PC with its own hardware setup.
greenmark

Why does windows refuse to dsplay the audio volume on right-click.
Aaaaaarrggghhhhhh!!!!
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:32 am
After wasting a few hours yesterday (does that count to my weekly total?) I’ve decided to buy a Mac mini. Pick up in an hour or so.

Eventually I’ll pull the data off the old drives or turn them in to network storage or something like that.
Derek27

Sky Sports seem to know that the Portland/Inter Miami match starts around 22:50 but Betfair doesn't! I wonder how much of my 60 hours is wasted waiting for a match to start. :x
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:08 pm
Just received another email from Scottish Power demanding payment for an overdue bill. Looked at the bill, "please pay by 3rd Oct"!!

I think I'll take time off the rant thread and direct my abuse their way. :x
Did just that. My emails were quite abusive as you can imagine. Got a grovelling apology, IT error sending out overdue letters at the same time as bills, and got a compensation payment.

Much like my automation was doing yesterday, opening a trade at the same time as my green-up rule triggered. :D
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:27 am
Kit Malthouse, Minister for Crime and Policing: If you're in any doubt about the authenticity of a police officer who [tasered and] arrests you, you can dial 999. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What these idiots are saying is absolute crap ... if Sarah Everard had followed all of their suggestions she would still have been killed because she would have been told on every occasion that he was puka! And every criminal now has a ready made defence against resisting arrest.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:57 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:27 am
What these idiots are saying is absolute crap ... if Sarah Everard had followed all of their suggestions she would still have been killed because she would have been told on every occasion that he was puka! And every criminal now has a ready made defence against resisting arrest.
It's got worse since I made that comment. A police chief said women should be more street-wise and Sarah shouldn't have got into his car - as if you have a choice when arrested!

As for talking to the controller - he could just have a radio linked to his mate!!

I feel really sorry for the good guys. I've never had much problem with the police despite being of Asian origin and living in London when I was younger but now, with another PC being charged with rape, making arrests is going to be difficult.

Return to “General discussion”