RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Has Putin launched a nuclear strike on South America?

How else can you explain the cost of coffee rising by 50%???
Derek27

Without meaning to sound unsympathetic to people struggling to make ends meet, all winter it was a choice between heating and eating, now that it's mid-spring the choice is feeding yourself or feeding your dog!

How was the dog fed during the winter when you were feeding yourself or switching the heating on?
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:46 pm
Without meaning to sound unsympathetic to people struggling to make ends meet, all winter it was a choice between heating and eating, now that it's mid-spring the choice is feeding yourself or feeding your dog!

How was the dog fed during the winter when you were feeding yourself or switching the heating on?
Modern society would have you believe they are the first and only ones to fall on difficult times. God knows how their grandparents managed to stay alive (and raise a family) with 25%+ inflation and 15% mortgage rates!
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:01 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:46 pm

Modern society would have you believe they are the first and only ones to fall on difficult times. God knows how their grandparents managed to stay alive (and raise a family) with 25%+ inflation and 15% mortgage rates!
When I was on Jobseekers Allowance, I sometimes had to choose between drinking or smoking. Give up smoking and it would be drinking or eating. Give up drinking and only then would the choice be eating or heating. :)
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:06 am
How the fuck do screws, nuts, washers, etc. disappear into thin air when you drop them on the floor? You can drop one in the middle of an empty room and you still won't find it!!
Several months after assembling my wardrobe and complaining to Habitat that a small part was missing, I've done a thorough clean of my bedroom. Lo and behold, that missing bracket was behind my bedside cabinet. Fuck knows how it got there when I so carefully and meticulously laid out the parts at the other side of the room.

And the carpet of dust under the bed and covering all objects you keep there. How the fuck does it get there? You'd think the bed itself is a dust cover!
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:13 am
And the carpet of dust under the bed and covering all objects you keep there. How the fuck does it get there? You'd think the bed itself is a dust cover!
Possibly chemtrail dust that they are spraying out of the planes. If your window was open, some could land inside leaving a thin layer of nano-metal contaminants
Korattt

missus was moaning over the weekend, she’s got it in her head that she’s put on weight, she tried some holiday threads on as she’s off to Spain with the girls next month.. she went on an extended run on Sunday, then walked to town & back in an effort to kickstart some weight loss.. today she’s been out & brought biscuits 🤷🏻‍♂️
Korattt

just seen an ad on TV for cotswoldco.com (never heard of ‘em), I’m sure it features the same background music as an RSPCA ad, I’ve found one but not the other

https://youtu.be/emhUQEp4QaM
greenmark

Korattt wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:54 pm
missus was moaning over the weekend, she’s got it in her head that she’s put on weight, she tried some holiday threads on as she’s off to Spain with the girls next month.. she went on an extended run on Sunday, then walked to town & back in an effort to kickstart some weight loss.. today she’s been out & brought biscuits 🤷🏻‍♂️
I was perfect weight for 40 years.
I played badminton, squash, footy until I was 52.
It was so easy, I feel ashamed.
It was fun.
And that's the point, if it's fun it's so, so much easier.
Now I'm not playing sport it's such a chore to try to stay fit.
I'm not chuffed about getting old. This wasn't part of the plan!!!!
Korattt

greenmark wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:13 pm
Now I'm not playing sport it's such a chore to try to stay fit.
I'm not chuffed about getting old. This wasn't part of the plan!!!!
I’m quite lucky with my job with the fact that I can walk in excess of around 20k steps a day.. although not being at work since Feb with one thing or another I’ve ballooned 2st, not really that fussed as I know it’ll fall off again once I go back to work.
Korattt

.. and another thing,

is it me or do all ice cream vans these days look as if they’ve been on tour to Afghanistan via Ukraine & Iraq & back, I remember back in the day when we had one parked outside our primary school, it was as clean as, wouldn’t catch me anywhere near one now 🍦🚐
Korattt

right.. missus has walked off out in a huff now, she was moaning that whilst I’m off sick from work I could do the housework, fair enough I thought, spent best part yesterday doing just that & putting up some poncy lights in the garden, she came home from work earlier leaving stuff about like we’ve just suffered a nuclear explosion in the house.. why DID I bother?
greenmark

Korattt wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:21 pm
.. and another thing,

is it me or do all ice cream vans these days look as if they’ve been on tour to Afghanistan via Ukraine & Iraq & back, I remember back in the day when we had one parked outside our primary school, it was as clean as, wouldn’t catch me anywhere near one now 🍦🚐
All I can say is the van at Linacre Reservoirs car park at Chesterield is spotless.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:40 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:55 am
I've got double-click syndrone. I keep double-clicking on the ladder!
Just cut your stakes in half then. Or the drinks.
The latest version of BA with the countdown timer in the ladder stakes column has cured it. :D
Derek27

I paid my energy bill a day late, literally a few minutes after midnight - and they send out a letter!!!

Return to “General discussion”