RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Archery1969

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:54 pm
My local CoOp & Asda reopened at 5pm so I’d imagine most areas and other shapes would be the same.
I am in a semi rural area, nothing is open, the fcuking village pub is closed too. :oops:
Archery1969

But good news. Indian restaurant is open, got a takeaway pickup plus 6 bottles of cobra. :)
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:16 pm
Not exactly sure what causes this but if I'm inactive for a long period but my laptop remains on. I get this recurring failed log in problem with Betfair that always ends up with me being locked out and I've not knowingly tried to log in. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

All 468 in junk were the same from Betfair

Your Betfair account: REDACTED

Dear Liam,

At Betfair we take your account security very seriously. This email has been sent to alert you to some recent activity on your account: REDACTED

There was a failed login attempt from a new device with 2 Step Authentication verification code on 19/09/2022 at 16:51 GMT.

If you believe that this action was not made by you, then please contact us immediately: https://en-betfair.custhelp.com/app/home

If you are aware of the change then you do not need to take any further action.

Thank you,
The Betfair Team

:evil: 400+ failed log ins from the device you are using and unaware of all of them

This has happened on different devices too :(
I've had that before. It was a hacker making multiple attempts to log in. I had to get a new account. If you log in with an email address you might want to change your login address to a complex one.
Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:13 pm
Emmson wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:16 pm
Not exactly sure what causes this but if I'm inactive for a long period but my laptop remains on. I get this recurring failed log in problem with Betfair that always ends up with me being locked out and I've not knowingly tried to log in. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

All 468 in junk were the same from Betfair

Your Betfair account: REDACTED

Dear Liam,

At Betfair we take your account security very seriously. This email has been sent to alert you to some recent activity on your account: REDACTED

There was a failed login attempt from a new device with 2 Step Authentication verification code on 19/09/2022 at 16:51 GMT.

If you believe that this action was not made by you, then please contact us immediately: https://en-betfair.custhelp.com/app/home

If you are aware of the change then you do not need to take any further action.

Thank you,
The Betfair Team

:evil: 400+ failed log ins from the device you are using and unaware of all of them

This has happened on different devices too :(
I've had that before. It was a hacker making multiple attempts to log in. I had to get a new account. If you log in with an email address you might want to change your login address to a complex one.
I'm not so sure about that as the last few of the failed logins (and presumably all the others, only last 10 are viewable) same IP address. Email login is not enabled and I've had 2 Step Authentication since its inception on Betfair.
Derek27

Empty shelves at ASDA, barely any vegetables thanks to the bank holiday. And the flipping queue at the tobacco kiosk - I had to queue for 4-5 minutes!
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:56 pm
Empty shelves at ASDA, barely any vegetables thanks to the bank holiday. And the flipping queue at the tobacco kiosk - I had to queue for 4-5 minutes!
Went onto Amazon looking to buy a new chefs knife and about 90% of the knives are out of stock. Can't be anything to do with a bank holiday so must be supply chain issues. Either that or some fruitcake is arming himself for the apocalypse!
Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:56 pm
Here too Asda North East empty shelves in bread section. :|
Derek27

It wasn't just vegetables, I saw a lot of shelves empty. I reckon people like Archery are stocking up their nuclear bunkers.
ShaunWhite

Emmson wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:35 pm
And the flipping queue at the tobacco kiosk - I had to queue for 4-5 minutes!
You need to bulk buy your tobacco, it's not like you won't get through it ;) Once a month the delivery man arrives and job done. Tobacco is in the same category as coffee and loo roll in our house, get the next lot before starting the last unopened one. Last century MrsW was in procurement so our supply chain game is solid. :D
Emmson

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:45 pm
Emmson wrote:
You need to bulk buy your tobacco, it's not like you won't get through it ;) Once a month the delivery man arrives and job done. Tobacco is in the same category as coffee and loo roll in our house, get the next lot before starting the last unopened one. Last century MrsW was in procurement so our supply chain game is solid. :D
Emmson did not write that but Derek did.!
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:45 pm
Emmson wrote:
That was really a stab at the people who queued for 15 hours to see the queen. :)
Derek27

The public will be able to visit the queen's resting place from next week. I'll look forward to the 24/7 coverage on Sky.
ShaunWhite

mmm shoulda predicted this.....16 week lead time before I can get my cavity wall insulation done, just in time for the first spring bulbs :roll: And the minute gas prices went up I should have invested in fibreglass loft insulation futures too, sheesh.

Capitalising on the real world is definately easier than predicting horses or crypto, trouble is you have to do more than lounge around on an office chair. :) Building materials when nothing was moving because of Covid, and insulation when there's a gas price hike feel like missed sitters, and seriously scalable.
ShaunWhite

Emmson wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:55 pm
Emmson did not write that but Derek did.!
Sorry buddy, small screen, wrong specs, big thumbs.
Derek27

Spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why I can't get sound from a YouTube vid on my TV. Carried out all sorts of tests, fiddled with all relevent, and irrelevant settings. Then I figured out the solution was to switch the flipping TV off, and on again!!! :x :x

Return to “General discussion”