RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Trader Pat

I'm buying me a couple of these! And maybe a pipe to make me look more intelligent.

https://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/products ... with-stand
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:05 pm
I'm buying me a couple of these! And maybe a pipe to make me look more intelligent.

If that doesn't impress a bird you invite for dinner I don't know what will. :D
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:57 pm
I don't smoke but that's quite a selection.
I know any type of smoking isn't good for you but the surprising thing with loose (volume) tobacco is how clean the filter stays, and the way they keep going out rather than being kept burning with salt peter. For me if I'm going to smoke then I'd rather smoke the eqv of a good wine rather than meths and when it's cheaper it's a no-brainer. Just open up a regular fag as see how it's all sticks and stems and dust.... 'enhanced' with cyanide. I switched to it about 8 yrs ago and honestly my lungs felt like I was smoking half as much..... But strangely a mild withdrawal feeling but that was obviously not nicotine withdrawal it was withdrawal from the other crap they put in them to make them burn fast and be even more addictive
The Silk Run

Can you not grow your own tobacco in this country, for personal use.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:09 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

If that doesn't impress a bird you invite for dinner I don't know what will. :D
Horn my dear?! :D
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
And maybe a pipe to make me look more intelligent.
My dad had a worn down his dentures where he used to hold his pipe, I can confidently say he wasn't, and didn't look, interllegent. :) Some amusing photos though of him roofing with the bloody thing dangling out of his mouth, he probably bit down on it so hard to stop him having to go up and down the ladder if he dropped it.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:10 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:57 pm
I don't smoke but that's quite a selection.
I know any type of smoking isn't good for you but the surprising thing with loose (volume) tobacco is how clean the filter stays, and the way they keep going out rather than being kept burning with salt peter. For me if I'm going to smoke then I'd rather smoke the eqv of a good wine rather than meths and when it's cheaper it's a no-brainer. Just open up a regular fag as see how it's all sticks and stems and dust.... 'enhanced' with cyanide. I switched to it about 8 yrs ago and honestly my lungs felt like I was smoking half as much..... But strangely a mild withdrawal feeling but that was obviously not nicotine withdrawal it was withdrawal from the other crap they put in them to make them burn fast and be even more addictive
I used to know a fella who smoked dodgy cigarettes that he used to buy form some bloke on the street. I remember seeing a documentary on the telly that said that there was so much crap in them that smoking one was the equivalent of smoking 10 regular cigarettes. He used to smoke about 40 a day so he's probably dead by now but if he isn't his insides must be a horror story.
The Silk Run

My Father used to smoke his own home grown tobacco, but stopped smoking some time ago. He claimed it was easy to stop with hardly any side effects. Along side this he grew Cannabis which is traditionally used for cooking, still to this day. And I believe KAT was growing wild which the elderly folk like :)
I don't know if you guys can get Gold Leaf [indian] cigarette in your neighbourhood. My friend buys two packets of 20 for £7.00. I don't know anything of the quality of this brand.
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:28 pm
I used to know a fella who smoked dodgy cigarettes.

...and we go full circle to addiction and how useless the GC rules are. Nothing stops an addict not even the threat (or promise!) of a death.
Derek27

About 10 years ago I used to buy 200 cigs for £20 from a stall in the marketplace...that sold overalls. :D

They were full of crap - the sort of thing that would knock you out after a few puffs. The thing is, after you've smoked a pack you get used to them. :)
greenmark

An ex-colleaugue told me cannabis is actually fairly easy to grow in your garden, which he said he did. I think the lights etc are to speed up production.
I've never checked his claims out as I'm not interested in smoking (or dealing) but he wasn't the type to spin a yarn.
ShaunWhite

The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:36 pm
He claimed it was easy to stop with hardly any side effects.
It's shocking what 'big tobacco' adds to cigs. The tobacco is just a vehicle for their highly addictive chemicals including specific compounds that make you brand dependant. It's why I switched to organic tobacco years ago. You can't put E123 in Wotsits but you can put cyanide in cigs, yeah that makes sense.

What country are you in Silk? Khat was made illegal (class C) in the UK about 10yrs ago. The talaban tories are more hard-core about personal choice than Yemen.
Dallas

greenmark wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:52 pm
An ex-colleaugue told me cannabis is actually fairly easy to grow in your garden, which he said he did. I think the lights etc are to speed up production.
I've never checked his claims out as I'm not interested in smoking (or dealing) but he wasn't the type to spin a yarn.
A Govt backed medical research company once grew Hemp (similar to cannabis but with less THC) openly in several field along side the M25, it was in such plain view no one really took any notice as to what it actually was for a long time.

Once someone did twig it was like the California gold rush as every dealer and user swopped in to raid it
ShaunWhite

greenmark wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:52 pm
The issue outdoors is that they start to flower when it gets to 12/12hrs light and dark (Sept) . And then take 10 weeks so get hit by frost before it's ready. There are 'auto' strains that don't use photoperiod but it's not as good. Lights are about yield and controlling the time of year.

... allegedly.
The Silk Run

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:55 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:36 pm
He claimed it was easy to stop with hardly any side effects.
It's shocking what 'big tobacco' adds to cigs. The tobacco is just a vehicle for their highly addictive chemicals including specific compounds that make you brand dependant. It's why I switched to organic tobacco years ago. You can't put E123 in Wotsits but you can put cyanide in cigs, yeah that makes sense.

What country are you in Silk? Khat was made illegal (class C) in the UK about 10yrs ago. The talaban tories are more hard-core about personal choice than Yemen.
My family are PRC, Peoples Republic of China, rural. The laws in this regard seem a lot more relaxed.

Return to “General discussion”