RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:59 pm
flipping selfish women not only holds me up to purchase scratch cards but scratches them at the counter to see if she's won, before buying some more!
Any sign of an affordability check? :roll:
Jukebox

Derek27 wrote:
flipping selfish women not only holds me up to purchase scratch cards but scratches them at the counter to see if she's won, before buying some more!
Just think how much longer you might have to wait if she'd had to submit proof of income first.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Any sign of an affordability check? :roll:
No need for affordability checks here. Just sell one card at a time and send them to the back of the queue if they wish to purchase another. :D
Derek27

flipping fly caused me to place a bet on the ladder when I tried to flick it off the screen!
ShaunWhite

You can't make Angel Delight with non-dairy milk. :cry:

I'm not vegan, I just prefer other milks and I'm not a fan of dairy production methods, but try to make Angel Delight and you just end up with a yogourty sort of gloop. It's nice enough but not what you want really. The emulsifiers don't bond to non-dairy protein apparently.

I'd only just got over the death of Súper Mousse :cry: That strawberry sauce counted as one of your 5-a-day in the 70s and 80s
Screenshot_20220804-003055_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:40 pm
flipping fly caused me to place a bet on the ladder when I tried to flick it off the screen!
:lol:

Good job Nancy wasn’t there 10 years ago as you would have spilt your milk too.
Derek27

There's gonna be quite a serious debt problem if wankers like Scottish Power impose charges like these on people who are struggling with their bills!

Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:04 am
There's gonna be quite a serious debt problem if wankers like Scottish Power impose charges like these on people who are struggling with their bills!

Capture.GIF
There is a growing movement telling people not to pay utility bills come October. Martin Lewis mentioned it previously. Due to legislation they cant cut you off from electricty or gas supplies. And if you dont let them in then they cant install a pre-payment meter.

Its going to be a funny old winter. :)
Jukebox

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:41 am

I'm not vegan, I just prefer other milks and I'm not a fan of dairy production methods, but try to make Angel Delight and you just end up with a yogourty sort of gloop. It's nice enough but not what you want really. The emulsifiers don't bond to non-dairy protein apparently.

I'd only just got over the death of Súper Mousse :cry: That strawberry sauce counted as one of your 5-a-day in the 70s and 80s Screenshot_20220804-003055_Chrome.jpg
I'd completely forgotten about Super Mousse - it seemed such a treat back then. We still often have a butterscotch Angel Delight. If it is production methods that that keep you from dairy have you considered 'Organic Milk' ? Its a standard item in supermarkets these days - like free range eggs and has to meet standards of production geared to more consideration all round.
ShaunWhite

Thanks JB, butterscotch is my fav too so I think just one pint of dubious welfare and methane producing milk is going back on the shopping list.
sniffer66

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:58 am
Derek27 wrote:

Capture.GIF
There is a growing movement telling people not to pay utility bills come October. Martin Lewis mentioned it previously. Due to legislation they cant cut you off from electricty or gas supplies. And if you dont let them in then they cant install a pre-payment meter.

Or at least cancel any direct debits, pay annually or quarterly and put the money ready in a savings account each month. Allegedly, utility co's make good interest off DD payments
Derek27

sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:03 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:58 am
Derek27 wrote:

Capture.GIF

Or at least cancel any direct debits, pay annually or quarterly and put the money ready in a savings account each month. Allegedly, utility co's make good interest off DD payments
I'm actually on a higher tariff because I refuse to pay by direct debit. Not only do they charge far more than I'd use but the time spent working out your bills so they can't rip you off isn't worth it. I used to have a supplier that just billed me every three months for the energy I used without any fuss.
Derek27

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:35 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:41 am

I'd only just got over the death of Súper Mousse :cry: That strawberry sauce counted as one of your 5-a-day in the 70s and 80s Screenshot_20220804-003055_Chrome.jpg
I'd completely forgotten about Super Mousse - it seemed such a treat back then. We still often have a butterscotch Angel Delight. If it is production methods that that keep you from dairy have you considered 'Organic Milk' ? Its a standard item in supermarkets these days - like free range eggs and has to meet standards of production geared to more consideration all round.
Thanks for explaining that. When I hear 'organic milk' I think to myself, WFT am I drinking?
Derek27

Redded up on a US match last night and went to bed. Forgot to cancel my unmatched bets. :(
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:15 pm
. When I hear 'organic milk' I think to myself, WFT am I drinking?
It's milk not stuffed with antibiotics and hormones. It takes some weird science to keep a cow healthy and producing milk 365 days a yeat. That's not how cows insides normally function.

I was suspicious of non-dairy milk but its nice once you get used to the idea, definately no weirder than drinking cow juice.

Return to “General discussion”