A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:31 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:08 pm
There's no shame in trying and failing.
That will give Liz Truss great comfort. :D
Point taken. Although it could be argued that the huge effort required to make it to PM and "try" is still significantly more worthy than just sitting in the pub and moaning about everything and everybody. On the other hand causing harm is different to not achieving as much good as you intended. If we learn anything from this job its that nothing is black and white. The ability to balance conflicting arguments is what determines the size of your pay packet.
Archangel

There are still people who voted for Brexit and think it was a good idea.

I would like to know what those people think the top 3 benefits are !

Derek27

I love the way Scottish Power put up their prices without even telling you. You only know when you get the bill!
Korattt

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:14 pm
I love the way Scottish Power put up their prices without even telling you. You only know when you get the bill!
I used to door knock for Southern Electric many moons ago, & back then they were the most expensive around, probably nothing in it these days
Naffman

Korattt wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:31 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I used to door knock for Southern Electric many moons ago, & back then they were the most expensive around, probably nothing in it these days
Octopus are great, I'd suggest switching
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
I noticed that, +300% in the last 24 months.

I see British Gas have been breaking and entering to fit prepayment meters. :roll: What can be done...... How about some people power and a coordinated switch away. Waking up to zero customers would be a lesson for them and any other company being dodgy. If we pull together we can destroy any of them. Viva la revolución!
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:56 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I see British Gas have been breaking and entering to fit prepayment meters. :roll: What can be done...... How about some people power and a coordinated switch away. Waking up to zero customers would be a lesson for them and any other company being dodgy. If we pull together we can destroy any of them. Viva la revolución!
Centrica and BT have insanely loyal customer bases. Hence the dismissive and insensitive customer facing behaviour and policies.
I'm a switch whore. It's time consuming and the negotiations can be trying, but it's worth doing. And you're right, it will wake up these smug suppliers if enough people do it.
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:22 pm
Korattt wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:31 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Octopus are great, I'd suggest switching
The last time I looked it was impossible to switch. Nobody taking in new customers.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:56 pm
Derek27 wrote:

When I moved into my present flat it was supplied by British Gas. I immediately tried to switch and discovered 25 years after I last left them they still don't read their emails/letters. I got a reply saying "sorry, we can't repair your gas cooker because it's not registered with us"!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Whoda though I'd have a spreadsheet ;) I do my meter readings and update it on their site every week so see 7 day bills. I'm not having a smart meter until there's something in it for me, I can just go and read them if I want to know what I've used.
Screenshot_35.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Beth Rigby asked former Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, a difficult question about the Capitol Hill riots and his inaction. His response was, sorry, I got to go, I told your team it needs to end 7 minutes ago. But then she asked him about the 90 Ibs of weight he lost and he was happy to sit around talking about that!
Korattt

panic over, neighbours back
Derek27

I used to like Kit Kat when I was a kid, so after seeing a TV commercial last night that reminded me of it, today I headed for the confectionary aisle in the supermarket. Six flipping varieties with nine bars in each! If they sold a variety pack for novice consumers I would have bought one.
Derek27

What is the US scared off? A Chinese spy balloon observing their missile defence systems and they're too scared to shoot it down!!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:18 pm
What is the US scared off? A Chinese spy balloon observing their missile defence systems and they're too scared to shoot it down!!
They're probably worried the Chinese will shoot down the satellites they're watching them with. Everyone is watching everyone else 247365 so these "outrages" seems a bit manufactured to me. When governments are unpopular making themselves look like our savours and indispensable is a good trick.

Return to “General discussion”