RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Trader Pat

Smooth!

I didn't even notice!

Derek won't be happy though, the Rant thread will be full of non rant material!
Dallas

Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:21 pm
Emmson wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:42 pm
Emmson wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:27 pm
I was thinking which markets are the best for newbies to start exploring the world of trading. I may even suggest greyhound markets with £2 stakes even accounting for the whipsaws galore you will experience.
This post was clearly posted in wrong thread :oops:

Whats done is done!
Wasn't your mistake Emmson, the admins moved your post to this thread by accident, along with the rest.
Yeah sorry that got swept up by mistake, it's been moved back

Its one topic we just want to keep clear for useful links (that people may have used)

So the rest got dumped here ;)
Kai

Hmm far from ideal, I can already see Derek endlessly ranting about this. Maybe make a new thread dedicated for this purpose instead?
Dublin_Flyer

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:34 pm
Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:10 pm
Before this newbie thread gets derailed further, Papa Shango was a voodoo themed professional wrestler, this might shed some light on the trolling attempts from the seemingly new poster, I enjoyed watching a bit of wrestling in my VERY early teens (Kevin Nash and Wolfpack 💖).

Seeing as my Covid self-isolation period has fully ended I don't really have a good excuse anymore to hang around the office water cooler that much, as much as I like the people on here :)

And hate to be the party pooper here but it really isn't cool messing about in newbie threads and recommending voodoo books etc, welcome and good luck to OP 😇
Just one message to take this thread into a siding rather than a full on derailment :)

Maybe there should be a thread dedicated to voodoo? We could learn how to make dolls of each other and have at it!

I was a fan of wrestling too Kai, I was a little Hulkamaniac, even sent him a get well card when The Earthquake broke his ribs. About a month after that I discovered girls and thankfully my interest in pro wrestling disappeared for good.
I was a wrestling fan back in the little days too, a guy in my school videotaped Wrestlemania 7 and it was the most amazing thing. To have Sky Sports in 1991 you had to be either extremely rich, or your dad worked for/contracted with Sky! Sad to see so many of the fighters from that one are dead way before their time, who would have thought rampant steroid abuse would lead to an early death :o

Jake the Snake Roberts did an appearance on the Joe Rogan podcast talking about Andre the Giant and Macho Man Randy Savage and a few of those guys from then, his impressions of them are brilliant! I can't remember where I listened to the whole thing but there's clips of it on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfJ1nWracLE Talking about Andre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUtW7ymtOh0 Talking about Macho Man
There's plenty more out there for those of us from that genre, definitely worth a watch for a laugh with a few beers when you have some downtime.
Kai

Yeah, for a brief period wrestling seemed like the coolest thing in the world, until you realize it's as fake as the P&L's on social media :mrgreen:

It's sort of like the Santa Claus thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ClJUEeXn4I
wearthefoxhat

My old memory of watching wresting was Mick McManus, Giant Haystacks & Big Daddy (no-one called him Shirley to his face).
Jukebox

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:41 pm
....Mick McManus....
LOL Don't touch his ears - he don't like it.
Derek27

wearthefoxhat wrote:
My old memory of watching wresting was Mick McManus, Giant Haystacks & Big Daddy (no-one called him Shirley to his face).
That brings back memories, and Kendo Nagasaki (Peter Thornley). I'm still amazed how a man the size of Giant Haystacks can fall out of the ring without an ambulance being called. :lol:
Emmson

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Kendo Nagasaki & Kent Walton are shocking ommisions. :D
Kai

Can you smell what The Rock is cooking

You probably can if you're a zoomer like Alex
Emmson

The unmasking of Kendo Nagasaki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz01e1wB898
greenmark

Glad people remember Kendo Nagasaki. I remember ths tag team "The Royals".

Oops forgot to say their USP was being squeaky clean and honest. So put them up against a 'villain' and you had box office.
Trader Pat

Emmson wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:07 pm
The unmasking of Kendo Nagasaki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz01e1wB898

All that video needed was Rick Wakeman playing keyboards in the corner and it would have officially been a bad acid trip! :D
neilb

greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:43 pm

Oops forgot to say their USP was being squeaky clean and honest. So put them up against a 'villain' and you had box office.
Vic Faulkner, one half of the Royal Brothers, was once my area manager many years ago when I was in the pub game. He was once collecting rent from a very run down pub that was operating on a cash only basis when two lads attempted to take the rent from him. He threw them all over the car park. :lol:
greenmark

neilb wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:11 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:43 pm

Vic Faulkner, one half of the Royal Brothers, was once my area manager many years ago when I was in the pub game. He was once collecting rent from a very run down pub that was operating on a cash only basis when two lads attempted to take the rent from him. He threw them all over the car park. :lol:
Wow, yes Vic Faulkner. Thanks for the memory. Regardless of the fakeness, would you really want to take any of them on. Er.....no! Pure theatre. And presumably long standing repurcussions of all that being slammed to the canvas.

Return to “General discussion”