RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
greenmark

Morrisons today. No salad tomatoes. None. Only cherry toms and on the vine. Eight crates upside down in their slots.
Derek27

I went to Lidl today. Got 6 eggs and 2 tomatoes. :D
Naffman

greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:54 pm
Morrisons today. No salad tomatoes. None. Only cherry toms and on the vine. Eight crates upside down in their slots.
I find Morrisons such a depressing experience, they have the best meal deal going though imo with the salad bar main.
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Morrisons today. No salad tomatoes.
There is usually some tomato on a pizza
greenmark

Naffman wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:05 pm
greenmark wrote:
I find Morrisons such a depressing experience, they have the best meal deal going though imo with the salad bar main.
Well chesterfield is generally a nice place and the supermarket staff, definitely including Morrisons, reflect that, except for some reason ALDI. Their staff here are the most miserable, bordering on rude. It's weird.
Naffman

greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:17 pm
Naffman wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Well chesterfield is generally a nice place and the supermarket staff, definitely including Morrisons, reflect that, except for some reason ALDI. Their staff here are the most miserable, bordering on rude. It's weird.
We must just have a bad one then :lol: doesn't help here as all the oldies get a free shuttle from town centre so good luck trying to get your shopping done quickly when they're clogging up the aisles :lol:
greenmark

Naffman wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:27 pm
greenmark wrote:
Naffman wrote:

We must just have a bad one then :lol: doesn't help here as all the oldies get a free shuttle from town centre so good luck trying to get your shopping done quickly when they're clogging up the aisles :lol:
Oh man tell me about it. Why do a couple not realise they occupy double the space? Why do they have to have a debate about which pack of meat to buy? I thought the British were supposed to be good at queuing? But's it's not just oldies. Try half-term. Mum and daughters and a couple of friends like a clot. Completely oblivious to anything other than themselves. Gee Whizz!!!
Naffman

greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:37 pm
Naffman wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Oh man tell me about it. Why do a couple not realise they occupy double the space? Why do they have to have a debate about which pack of meat to buy? I thought the British were supposed to be good at queuing? But's it's not just oldies. Try half-term. Mum and daughters and a couple of friends like a clot. Completely oblivious to anything other than themselves. Gee Whizz!!!
Genuinely seems like its the highlight of some people's day, really confusing.
greenmark

Naffman wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:42 pm
greenmark wrote:
Naffman wrote:

Yeah get in with a plan and get the hell out ASAP. What is this dawdling, picking up and putting down jars and tins. HAVE YOU NOT GOT INTERNET ACCESS???? Research before you shop. So easy. But no, lets wander around aimlessly, far better. Sorry. :oops: But ths is Rant Corner.
Michael5482

greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:00 pm
Naffman wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Yeah get in with a plan and get the hell out ASAP. What is this dawdling, picking up and putting down jars and tins. HAVE YOU NOT GOT INTERNET ACCESS???? Research before you shop. So easy. But no, lets wander around aimlessly, far better. Sorry. :oops: But ths is Rant Corner.
I'm not allowed to go shopping with our lass anymore. I just shot everything in the trolley as want to get out as quick as possible, she then picks it back out the trolley checks the sell by date, checks it for damage and sod knows what else then put's it back and searches the shelf starting at the back. She is the very person in a supermarket your describing :lol:
greenmark

Michael5482 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:08 pm
greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:00 pm
Naffman wrote:

I'm not allowed to go shopping with our lass anymore. I just shot everything in the trolley as want to get out as quick as possible, she then picks it back out the trolley checks the sell by date, checks it for damage and sod knows what else then put's it back and searches the shelf starting at the back. She is the very person in a supermarket your describing :lol:
Sorry I realise I wa ranting. But I'm so polite that I stand waiting for someone to make their selection and wait some more while they check their list, do something on their phone, have a conversation with a remote co-shppoer on their phone.
I just don't get this behaviour. Should I be more assertive? Would "excuse me, can I get to the pork loin steaks?".
I'd be useless in the January sales melee. :-)
Derek27

Doesn't it make you feel proud to be British, a nation headed by a family of slave trade profiteers? :lol:
Derek27

Threw some litter over the garden fence while trimming the lawn edges and the wind blew it straight back in. That's karma for you. :)
Derek27

Bumfair has ruined MLS trading with a 12-second delay. Matches are barely tradable. Can't imagine what's changed to bring that about.
Derek27

FFS, walked all the way to ASDA and it was closed!

Return to “General discussion”