Derek27

Shit!! It's 1:30 in the morning, I better get off to bed. :lol:
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:14 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:01 pm
Heat warning - my arse!!
Unfortunately for me, the metoffice have got it right where i am. Touching 30C today (bloody horrible for me) and still 26C upstairs right now. So another sleepless night beckons.
I remember having sleepless nights as a child, may be as an adult, but I can't remember a hot sleepless night in the last ten years. I think alcohol might have something to do with it. ;)
Derek27

I've been put on a case that's likely to last into next week, so I think until then I'll sign off the forum with one more rant. :)

A young guy turns up for jury service in shorts! This kid may have to sit through and absorb hours upon hours of written and verbal evidence, but a little leafet that says "no shorts" proved too much for him to read!!!

On top of that I'm gonna miss the best of the weather this week. :x
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:24 pm
I've been put on a case that's likely to last into next week, so I think until then I'll sign off the forum with one more rant. :)

A young guy turns up for jury service in shorts! This kid may have to sit through and absorb hours upon hours of written and verbal evidence, but a little leafet that says "no shorts" proved too much for him to read!!!

Are you serious? In what way are shorts a threat to justice?
Weatherwise, I would export 10C to you in the blink of an eye. 30C is my idea of hell.
Can do nowt without sweating like a pig. Yuk!
Predicted rain never happened. Distant thunder suggests someone else got it.
Anyway. I sympathise with you being dragged into community service in these temps.
Don't take it out on the defendant! :-) Objectitvity is all! :-)
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Weatherwise, I would export 10C to you in the blink of an eye. 30C is my idea of hell.
Anyway. I sympathise with you being dragged into community service in these temps.
The point I was making was his failure to read a leaflet, how's he gonna cope if he's given a 100 page bundle?

I spend my life in tee-shirt and jeans but personally I feel like showing some respect to the parties involved in the case. Turning up scrufferly dressed implies you couldn't care less and are only there because you have to be. I'm disappointed with my fellow jurors. I now have to downgrade to jeans to avoid sticking out like Father Christmas at a party!
Jukebox

greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Seems he's not the only one who didn't read the detail.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:16 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

The point I was making was his failure to read a leaflet, how's he gonna cope if he's given a 100 page bundle?

I spend my life in tee-shirt and jeans but personally I feel like showing some respect to the parties involved in the case. Turning up scrufferly dressed implies you couldn't care less and are only there because you have to be. I'm disappointed with my fellow jurors. I now have to downgrade to jeans to avoid sticking out like Father Christmas at a party!
Interesting. You were selected for a reason. Why not stick to what you believe, rather than wilt in the face of a different view. This is not the Derek this forum is used to.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:42 pm
Interesting. You were selected for a reason. Why not stick to what you believe, rather than wilt in the face of a different view. This is not the Derek this forum is used to.
Agreed!

I don't like it, don't bother coming back :P
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:42 pm
Because there are some nice women in the jury pool and I don't want to appear like this.

https://youtu.be/ar3wkC8U6LA?t=40
firlandsfarm

Remembering some of the convos here re filling in mortgage forms etc how did you present your loss of earnings re jury service and did they question it?
Realrocknrolla

Flies 🪰

Especially when they land on your ankles, thats the worst.

I’ve invested in an electric ⚡️bat
Trader Pat

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:03 pm
Flies 🪰

Electric bats?!

Christ that lab in Wuhan has a lot to answer for!
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:11 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:03 pm
Flies 🪰

Electric bats?!

Christ that lab in Wuhan has a lot to answer for!
😂😂😂😂

One of these bad boys.. good fun actually
E71DD64C-498D-4511-937E-4F136FAEA22E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:38 pm
😂😂😂😂

One of these bad boys.. good fun actually

E71DD64C-498D-4511-937E-4F136FAEA22E.jpeg

I had to google it, I'd never heard of them

I might get one of those, insects don't really bother me but if a big bee comes along I turn into a 12 year old girl!
Realrocknrolla

Haha…

To be fair Paddy.. 🐝 stings ain’t nice!

Return to “General discussion”