RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
jamesg46

Today turned out well (not). I was running some automation that fires bets into the market depending on book% direction & forgot to turn it off when I went to the chip shop... I was manually cancelling the bets so I had no rule to close the positions... come home to a nice red screen :roll:
andy28

I seldom post and new to trading, and loving it, making a few bucks, but being a Kiwi I found NRL and Rugby not very good for trading so I am concentrating on Football (only the top leagues and A League) and noticed MLS & South American Football is on about 11am til mid afternoon my time so great. However I struggle to find matches in the search function, they are listed by what looks like their full Club Name and not the shortened version that appears in the TV guides.

Then throw into the mix the time zones and for today I find some listed for the 16th and some on the 17th as the date change around midday here. So in short I am looking for matches where I don't know the names nor the date
ODPaul82

andy28 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:46 pm
I seldom post and new to trading, and loving it, making a few bucks, but being a Kiwi I found NRL and Rugby not very good for trading so I am concentrating on Football (only the top leagues and A League) and noticed MLS & South American Football is on about 11am til mid afternoon my time so great. However I struggle to find matches in the search function, they are listed by what looks like their full Club Name and not the shortened version that appears in the TV guides.

Then throw into the mix the time zones and for today I find some listed for the 16th and some on the 17th as the date change around midday here. So in short I am looking for matches where I don't know the names nor the date
You could setup a filter in guardian (under search -> filter -> funnel icon) and filter by the event type and the country. You'd be wanting brazil, costa rica, paraguay, etc, etc, all the ones that sit in that time zone. You can pick and choose pretty much what you want. Some of those leagues are high scoring, some are low.
ODPaul82

btw you're better off posting this in one of the football based topics, this is the general vent/abuse/derek channel
andy28

The filter worked a treat thanks, not sure how I missed that I think I even watched a video on it
ODPaul82

andy28 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:36 am
The filter worked a treat thanks, not sure how I missed that I think I even watched a video on it
No worries at all, I find if I am trading the south americans (which is rarely these days due to timezones) that entering in the 2nd half for goals to come is better than entering at the start. Best of luck.
Derek27

ODPaul82 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:21 am
btw you're better off posting this in one of the football based topics, this is the general vent/abuse/derek channel
That's what I was going to say. Although the very best trading strategies are shared here, most people ignore the thread so questions can certainly go unanswered here. ;)
ODPaul82

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:55 am
ODPaul82 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:21 am
That's what I was going to say. Although the very best trading strategies are shared here, most people ignore the thread so questions can certainly go unanswered here. ;)
So would you prefer my VBA critique in here or on the posison thread?
(btw - it's absolute minature critique, the first thing I did was check for error handling and kudos for utilising static on the excel objects)
Derek27

Fitted a new curtain rail and curtains in my bedroom and now packing up. Need the chuck key to remove the drill piece. Can't remember where I left it but there's a very limited number of surfaces in my bedroom where I could have left it. My bedroom's not a building site and I'm not likely to have chucked it out the window. There must be a place in the universe where screws, nuts, washers, socks and chuck keys go.

Edit: It was underneath the instructions. :oops:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:26 am
Fitted a new curtain rail and curtains in my bedroom and now packing up. Need the chuck key to remove the drill piece. Can't remember where I left it but there's a very limited number of surfaces in my bedroom where I could have left it. My bedroom's not a building site and I'm not likely to have chucked it out the window. There must be a place in the universe where screws, nuts, washers, socks and chuck keys go.

<chortle> the last week - i thought I'd lost my specs TWICE. Note to self. An empty rucksack has folds, mutiple pockets, nooks and crannies within which a glasses case can evade detection by a groping hand.
Then again, relying on my spare pair might have prompted me to renew my prescription. Print on food products is getting increasingly difficult to read again. £500 out the window. Hoorah! :-(
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:

<chortle> the last week - i thought I'd lost my specs TWICE. Note to self. An empty rucksack has folds, mutiple pockets, nooks and crannies within which a glasses case can evade detection by a groping hand.
Then again, relying on my spare pair might have prompted me to renew my prescription. Print on food products is getting increasingly difficult to read again. £500 out the window. Hoorah! :-(
I've been having trouble reading print on food packets for the last year or so. It's amazing how it feels like the print is getting smaller - the last thing you think of is failing eyesight. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:50 pm
greenmark wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I've been having trouble reading print on food packets for the last year or so. It's amazing how it feels like the print is getting smaller - the last thing you think of is failing eyesight. :lol:
My sister had 20/20 vision. Blurry vision annoys her a lot more than it does me For me, I had specs at 7, I can still see at 60.....happy days! :-)
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:50 pm
When will you no longer be able to see the ladders properly so that some of us can have a chance in the pre-off markets?
Realrocknrolla

38 stitches today!

Ouuuuuuch!!!!!!!!!!
Trader Pat

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm
38 stitches today!

Ouuuuuuch!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like there's a good story behind this, if you tell me you got your dick caught in something I'll be very disappointed!

Return to “General discussion”