RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:30 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:47 am
I'm used to the annual fee. I'm not bothered about purchases in euros if it's automatically converted into pounds without charges and my balance and statements are in pounds, it hopefully won't make any difference. We'll find out in the next weeks or months. :?
Don't be fooled by the "no fee, no commission" claims by these people ... nothing is for free! Have a look at the exchange rate they use. That's where you will find the 'fee' hidden.

I knew I was about to make some larger than normal Euro purchases a while ago and having more than one card I asked each to confirm their exchange rate calculation but all they would say is "the exchange rate varies day by day". I could not extract from them the BASIS for the rate they applied so I tried a different approach and asked if they could confirm their rate for yesterday to compare and all they would say is they could not tell me that because in all probability that would not be the rate applied to future purchases.

Either they did not understand simple English, did not know the basis or had been told at no time tell a customer how we work out the exchange rate we use.
I wasn't talking about Euro transactions but transactions at home. Neteller no longer handles Sterling. Apparently all their transactions are in Euros but my statement is in pounds and so far at least everything appears as normal with my till receipt amounts deducted.
sniffer66

Had a crap day on the footy trading yesterday but was about to make most back on the Antwerp vs Anderlech match - laying the unders. ****ing match ended up voided as it was "Unmanaged" according to BF. Never went properly in-play.

Turned a bad day into a really awful one :evil: :evil:
Derek27

If you watch Sky News this morning, don't worry about the crisis in India or any brutal killings that surface, because there may be some footage of a baby whale in distress. :roll:
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:26 am
If you watch Sky News this morning, don't worry about the crisis in India or any brutal killings that surface, because there may be some footage of a baby whale in distress. :roll:
The news is more like a daily Sunday Supplement ... If you sing a song out of tune and claim you spent all lockdown writing it (especially if you haven't been able to see the family dog for a year) you stand as much chance of being a 'news story' as anything else! Bring back Brexit, at least that was interesting with opposing sides at each other's throats.
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:26 am
Poor Minke never made it :(
Derek27

They warn you that you may find images of the baby whale distressing but no warning when they show footage of an unconscious driver plowing into a crowd!
Derek27

BJ's just announced three days of mourning and a state funeral, for the baby whale!
Derek27

HTF do you get a bet into a Turkish game with a 12-second delay? The game doesn't even last 12 seconds without the market getting suspended!
Derek27

This is what you get when you try to set a list box that's not in focus.
Capture.GIF
Thanks a flipping lot Microsoft, it's helpful to be told my code's failing because I'm using it incorrectly!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

50 pence for a small box of matches!! I remember when they were just 2p.

And I was wondering what the 7777 list box error's doing on my smartphone. :lol:
jamesg46

Today turned out well (not). I was running some automation that fires bets into the market depending on book% direction & forgot to turn it off when I went to the chip shop... I was manually cancelling the bets so I had no rule to close the positions... come home to a nice red screen :roll:
andy28

I seldom post and new to trading, and loving it, making a few bucks, but being a Kiwi I found NRL and Rugby not very good for trading so I am concentrating on Football (only the top leagues and A League) and noticed MLS & South American Football is on about 11am til mid afternoon my time so great. However I struggle to find matches in the search function, they are listed by what looks like their full Club Name and not the shortened version that appears in the TV guides.

Then throw into the mix the time zones and for today I find some listed for the 16th and some on the 17th as the date change around midday here. So in short I am looking for matches where I don't know the names nor the date
ODPaul82

andy28 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:46 pm
I seldom post and new to trading, and loving it, making a few bucks, but being a Kiwi I found NRL and Rugby not very good for trading so I am concentrating on Football (only the top leagues and A League) and noticed MLS & South American Football is on about 11am til mid afternoon my time so great. However I struggle to find matches in the search function, they are listed by what looks like their full Club Name and not the shortened version that appears in the TV guides.

Then throw into the mix the time zones and for today I find some listed for the 16th and some on the 17th as the date change around midday here. So in short I am looking for matches where I don't know the names nor the date
You could setup a filter in guardian (under search -> filter -> funnel icon) and filter by the event type and the country. You'd be wanting brazil, costa rica, paraguay, etc, etc, all the ones that sit in that time zone. You can pick and choose pretty much what you want. Some of those leagues are high scoring, some are low.
ODPaul82

btw you're better off posting this in one of the football based topics, this is the general vent/abuse/derek channel
andy28

The filter worked a treat thanks, not sure how I missed that I think I even watched a video on it

Return to “General discussion”