RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Hepburn

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:30 pm
If I ever get sent to prison I'll claim to be a woman, and thus, qualify for a women's prison. It will be great fun in the shower. :D
Really? Not a funny thing to say.
greenmark

Hepburn wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:03 pm
Derek27 wrote:
If I ever get sent to prison I'll claim to be a woman, and thus, qualify for a women's prison. It will be great fun in the shower. :D
It's unlikely that Derek27 will end up in prison, so it's a flippant remark that shouldn't be taken literally, There are far, far worse things going on in the world to comment on don't you think? Plus, look at the title of the thread. Ranting is unilateral. It doesn't require a response. But I guess, you are entitled to express your opinion too.
Derek27

Hepburn wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Sorry if it caused offence. It was really a snub at the new Scottish laws and the ease of choosing your gender.
Hepburn

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:19 pm
Hepburn wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Sorry if it caused offence. It was really a snub at the new Scottish laws and the ease of choosing your gender.
Not offended if its sarcasm no, sorry I can't tell sometimes. Yeah those laws are very strange!
ShaunWhite

Hepburn wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:18 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Hepburn wrote:

Not offended if its sarcasm no, sorry I can't tell sometimes. Yeah those laws are very strange!
I gave Derek the benefit of the doubt and assumed a miscarriage of justice or mistaken identity rather than him being a wrong 'un :D
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
I think this prison/gender thing misses the point. Prisoner safety is the issue regardless of sexual orientation. If a man rapes men what prison is he sent to? A prison full of men. Its never been about keeping people away from the type of people they've offended against.
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:48 pm
Hepburn wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:18 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I gave Derek the benefit of the doubt and assumed a miscarriage of justice or mistaken identity rather than him being a wrong 'un :D
I don't think Derek is a bad egg either, all those park bench vandalism cases against him were dropped for insufficient evidence and that's good enough for me.

That could have been anyone signing "Derek27" on all of them.
Derek27

I've run out of pop and now I'm reduced to drinking water. It's so tasteless - what idiot invented it!
Korattt

Binmen, (sorry.. I mean refuse collection operatives), have refused to empty our green recyclables wheelie bin this morning, apparently some bright, braindead, stupid &?+#ing spark who I live with put a tablecloth in it, idiot.. things like that really do my head in 🤯
Derek27

Korattt wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:50 am
Binmen, (sorry.. I mean refuse collection operatives), have refused to empty our green recyclables wheelie bin this morning, apparently some bright, braindead, stupid &?+#ing spark who I live with put a tablecloth in it, idiot.. things like that really do my head in 🤯
Yes, that grinds my gears as well. Neighbours chucking food waste in the general waste bin and leaving an unbearable stench is another.
ShaunWhite

Pure Cremation TV advert suggests to read their reviews. :?

What do those say, "Lovely people, comfy box and nice and toasty (Bob from cloud 34b)"
Derek27

flipping Android device administration. I've just spent over an hour getting into a reset tablet and was on the verge of chucking it away. Device locking is switched on by default. Even if you switch it off, software updates or something in the OS switches it on without telling you. I always check that it's switched off before resetting a phone or tablet but I still frequently find I have to log into the old Google account after resetting. Bastards!
Korattt

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:25 pm
Korattt wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:50 am
Yes, that grinds my gears as well. Neighbours chucking food waste in the general waste bin and leaving an unbearable stench is another.
there’s an ol’ div two doors down that we haven’t seen since the back end of October last year, she’s gone away before, (she’s Hungarian), lives on her own & we kind of look out for her, we’re guessing she’s visiting relatives overseas, either that or she’s chipped it at home.

I’ve looked through the letterbox & it does appear that she’s away, no smells or flies, doors closed, intruder alarm looks set from the outside etc etc, anyway.. neighbour other side of her has now taken up on themselves on using this ol’ divs bins, THAT annoys me as well, not content with just using them they’ve moved them to their side of their house, so this afternoon I’ve retrieved ‘em & padlocked ‘em shut to her metal gate.
Korattt

Spag Bol tonight with chicken mince 🤮
Korattt

can parents fine teachers for not attending school because of taking industrial action during term time? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

Return to “General discussion”