RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Been locked out of my Betfair account even though I never typed an incorrect password! The password reset page doesn't work, it claims the URL is no longer valid and takes me round in circles. And now I'll probably have to spend all night on the Betfair chat waiting for a response. Gundagai starts in 10 minutes. :x
Derek27

flipping useless this chat facility! Been waiting half-an-hour, no response, don't even know if anyone's there!
Derek27

Wankers! Almost two hours waiting, eventually got into my account with the SMS reset, they never did get back. Thanks a flipping lot Betfair!!
Derek27

Three people have tried to log into my account, apparently from different parts of the world!
Derek27

I've switched on 2-step authentication now. I didn't realise you only need to do it for new devices. :)
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:08 am
Three people have tried to log into my account, apparently from different parts of the world!
I tried Dewick...Obvs didn't work..
Derek27

18:39, Nov 13
You: Hi, can you please reopen my current query, it closed at your end.
Info: You are now connected to Betfair.
18:39, Nov 13
Betfair: Could your account be closed for any of the following reasons? 👇 [closed, suspended, verification, I don't know]
18:40, Nov 13
You: What the fuck are you talking about???
18:40, Nov 13
Betfair: No problem, to make things faster can you please confirm your email and date of birth before I transfer you to an agent please?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Derek27

Info: Welcome to Betfair. Please let us know about your query, the more information we have the faster we
can help.
3:01, Nov 17
You: Hi, somebody's repeatedly trying to log into my account and as a result the account is locked. What do
I do?
Info: You are now connected to Betfair.
Betfair: No problem, resetting your username or password is easy. Which do you require help with today?
You: Username
Betfair: To be reminded of your username, can you please provide your email address?
3:02, Nov 17
You: I don't need to reset my password, somebody has my username and has tried logging in 30 times in the
last few minutes! Resetting the password is no use because they'll keep trying?
3:02, Nov 17
Betfair: Sorry, that didn't look like a valid email address, could you try re-typing please?
3:03, Nov 17
You: Can you flipping read?
Betfair: Let's try another way to find your account! 😊 Can you provide your date of birth please?
You: xxxx
Betfair: Can you also provide your first name, please?
You: Derek
Betfair: And finally, your surname please?
3:04, Nov 17
You: xxxx
Betfair: A username reminder has now been sent to the email address: xxxx
Betfair: Please keep in mind that it may take a few minutes to reach your inbox, also be sure to check your
spam folder.
Betfair: Have you received your username?
You: I KNOW WHAT MY flipping USERNAME IS!! CAN YOU PLEASE READ MY MESSAGE!
3:05, Nov 17
Betfair: You will now be sent through to a customer service adviser who can help.
:evil: :evil:
Derek27

Looks like I'm completely fucked! I can't trade in case they start logging in again and lock the account.

Edit: They're escalating the issue to their 'Responsible' team!!! I didn't know they had a responsible team. :lol:
Last edited by Derek27 on Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
rik

why are you talking to this bot like its a person

Try not to get too angry, they can just decide they dont want you as a customer, they clearly profile accounts in terms of betting behaviour they probably keep record of how much work you are in terms of occupying customer support complaining etc
Derek27

rik wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:26 am
why are you talking to this bot like its a person

Try not to get too angry, they can just decide they dont want you as a customer, they clearly profile accounts in terms of betting behaviour they probably keep record of how much work you are in terms of occupying customer support complaining etc
I'm pretty sure anyone who uses them will take up a lot of time. They're never straight to the point and usually take you on a wild goose chase. No wonder they're always busy.

He offered to suspend my account while he escalates the matter but I decided to keep it open and just asked him to escalate it. I'll just have to trade cautiously.
rik

I guess most queries are easily resolved with pre set answer buttons so its a balance of providing good customer support and cost
Some websites dont offer live chat at all because too expensive
if your premium customer you get a private email/whatsapp
just type in customer service or call them up instead of overcomplicating
Derek27

rik wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:47 am
I guess most queries are easily resolved with pre set answer buttons so its a balance of providing good customer support and cost
Some websites dont offer live chat at all because too expensive
if your premium customer you get a private email/whatsapp
just type in customer service or call them up instead of overcomplicating
Overcomplicating??? All I said was someone's got my username and tries to log in. Couldn't have kept it any simpler than that. Those dim-wits seem to think that changing my password will magically change my username!

I've used the vip address you gave me and got a response but this was an emergency - I couldn't wait a couple of days to get into my account.

Most queries on this forum can't be easily resolved by pressing a few buttons so I doubt Betfair CS would be any different.
rik

you seemed to confuse the initial assessment guy/bot and told him to fuck off
they have to deal with a lot of guys simultaneously lot of them drunk idiots forgot their password or think they were robbed again because they dont understand the rules
Derek27

rik wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:46 am
you seemed to confuse the initial assessment guy/bot and told him to fuck off
they have to deal with a lot of guys simultaneously lot of them drunk idiots forgot their password or think they were robbed again because they dont understand the rules
I was angry! Whether it's a bot or human it's a valid response to someone/thing answering a question they prefer to answer instead of the actual question and when a human comes along they can read it. Think of it as customer feedback, which they always ask for. :) By the time I get to the end of the conversation I'm usually too irate to do the survey.

I had a beautiful, easy to remember password even though it was randomly generated but now I'm thinking of upgrading it to 20 characters and withdrawing most of my funds until the issue's resolved. I can't do any serious trading in case I get locked out of my account. :(

Return to “General discussion”