VPS questions

A place to discuss anything.
banana_man

Are the optimal Communications settings for Bet Angel (BETDAQ) on the Bet Angel VPS known? Specifically the Dynamic Connection Tuner and Connection Smoothing. For the refresh rates I just increase them by at least 200ms for each instance of BA I have running.
SundayBetter

hello, is there any difference in the processor (different type, number of cores etc) betwern the Basic and Expert version of the Bat Angel VPS? it only says Intel Xeon for both on the website
Dallas

SundayBetter wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:28 pm
hello, is there any difference in the processor (different type, number of cores etc) betwern the Basic and Expert version of the Bat Angel VPS? it only says Intel Xeon for both on the website
Basic has 2 cores
Recommended has 4 cores
Expert has 8 cores
SundayBetter

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:44 am
SundayBetter wrote:
Basic has 2 cores
Recommended has 4 cores
Expert has 8 cores
Thanks, now sorry for the naive question but should I expect Bet Angel with Excel automation to run 4 times faster with the Expert VPS than with the Basic version? I currently have the Basic and I find that when I have a lot of markets loaded in Excel, they only refresh every 10/15 seconds. Should I expect an improvement to every 3/4 seconds if I upgrade to Expert?

I am on Streaming with all refresh rates set at the fastest in Bet Angel.
Dallas

SundayBetter wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:21 am
Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:44 am
SundayBetter wrote:
Basic has 2 cores
Recommended has 4 cores
Expert has 8 cores
Thanks, now sorry for the naive question but should I expect Bet Angel with Excel automation to run 4 times faster with the Expert VPS than with the Basic version? I currently have the Basic and I find that when I have a lot of markets loaded in Excel, they only refresh every 10/15 seconds. Should I expect an improvement to every 3/4 seconds if I upgrade to Expert?

I am on Streaming with all refresh rates set at the fastest in Bet Angel.
You should be using at least Recommended or Expert when using Excel, depending on how complex the macros you are using are
SundayBetter

thanks a lot, will upgrade then
SundayBetter

In order to upgrade my Bet Angel VPS, do I need to cancel my current plan and sign up to a new one ? Or is there a way to upgrade directly (and therefore avoid having to reinstall programs etc) ?
Euler

Y, just drop a note to support and they can arrange it for you and pro-rata any subscription you have.
lotora

I am trying to find out whether I would benefit from upgrading to Expert from Recommended. I don't use Excel. Refresh Interval always 20 ms, restrict refresh 30 min before start, daily markets 500+, (horseracing (both pre and in-running), greyhound, tennis (in-play)). All markets automated in Guardian. How to check if the CPU and the memory are sufficient? Anything else?
Anbell

lotora wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:06 am
I am trying to find out whether I would benefit from upgrading to Expert from Recommended. I don't use Excel. Refresh Interval always 20 ms, restrict refresh 30 min before start, daily markets 500+, (horseracing (both pre and in-running), greyhound, tennis (in-play)). All markets automated in Guardian. How to check if the CPU and the memory are sufficient? Anything else?
Probably best to test it out
Euler

lotora wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:06 am
The best way to see how your server is performing is to right click the task bar, click on task manager, then more details and in that area you will see various elements of performance you can monitor.
lotora

The best way to see how your server is performing is to right click the task bar, click on task manager, then more details and in that area you will see various elements of performance you can monitor.
Great! I will post some screenshots when there's a lot of market activity.
lotora

From a quiet period today. Anything to take from it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lotora

Busy on a Saturday...seems okay, right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

That looks normal

Return to “General discussion”