Hackers trying my BF account

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

mandymoozle wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:52 am
I had my account hacked and a few losing bets made which cleaned it out (only 500 pounds) a couple of months ago. betfair actually refunded the money which was appreciated. the bit i didnt quite understand is what betfair do with the people on the other side of of my losing bets who are obviously in on it. i have kept my username but started using two factor authentication
That's something I'd love to know. It should be easy for them to gather evidence with IP addresses of the hackers and the account information of the account the money was effectively transferred to.
invisiblelayer

Anyone hacked or tried to be hacked had login via email turned on? I'd imagine that's where most hackers would gain access.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:35 pm
That's something I'd love to know. It should be easy for them to gather evidence with IP addresses of the hackers and the account information of the account the money was effectively transferred to.
It's easy to spoof your IP and fake accounts can be set up using stolen information. It's not easy to catch them, it's why so many people do it.
Derek27

Surely bank accounts registered with Betfair have to be in the name of the account holder, and usually you can't withdraw money until you've passed the KYC checks?

It's certainly difficult for a genuine user to open an account, deposit funds and withdraw them legitimately!
Derek27

Most bookies no longer offer introductory free bets to people who deposit using Skrill or Neteller due the abuse.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:23 pm
Most bookies no longer offer introductory free bets to people who deposit using Skrill or Neteller due the abuse.
.. no wonder. golden days!!
Derek27

ps1967 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:53 pm
A few days ago I noticed in the security log an IP address from Brazil had tried to get into my betfair account. Then noticed this morning an IP from Indonesia has had a failed login too. I have 2FA setup.

Is this common for the rest of you guys? Should I request a new username from betfair?
Interesting. The first three hacks at my account were from Brazil, Thailand and Indonesia. Obviously it was the same hacker using VPNs but I wonder why from the same places!

Return to “General discussion”