info about Romania

A place to discuss anything.
offlimit88

Hello, does anyone trade from Romania? It looks like a happy island amongst banned countries in europe.
Will it last? Anyone knows about betting legislation in this country, how does politics see betting in general?
Any clues about new laws?
Thanks
Bog

Romania has gambling laws since 2016, any bookie can buy license. Betfair has 10 year license + offices in Cluj-Napoca for software developing.

What country are you from? In Romania only betfair.ro works (same liquidity ) and as far as I know, works only with romanian verified accounts. So you need vpn/vps to login in your account with betfair.com
offlimit88

I'm from Italy. I'm thinking to move to Romania, because the romanian betfair is the only one with worldwide liquidity in europe, England apart.
Switerzland ban surprised me, so I discarded Malta too for caution. Romania has low costs compared to other countries ,so that s interesting,
So , do you think the betting situation is pretty stable? Are you romanian?
Kai

offlimit88 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:54 pm
I'm from Italy. I discarded Malta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaqzSefGw2g

Sorry but I couldn't resist :mrgreen:

You shouldn't give up on Malta, no chance they ever get restricted imho. You also don't need to necessarily move to an unrestricted country, you can try getting your hands on an account from such a country and then trade from Italy via VPN or Bet Angel VPS.
Dave C

Re: Trading from a restricted country using a VPN/VPS. Can this be done in perpetuity or is it advised to be short term only?
whimsies

I live in a semi restricted country and use a VPS with no problems.
Kai

Dave C wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:25 am
Re: Trading from a restricted country using a VPN/VPS. Can this be done in perpetuity or is it advised to be short term only?
Betfair apparently don't have an issue with it so people have been doing it for years.
Kafkaesque

offlimit88 wrote:
I'm from Italy. I'm thinking to move to Romania, because the romanian betfair is the only one with worldwide liquidity in europe, England apart.
Wait, what did I miss? I know a fair few countries are now gone, but at the very least Denmark is still part of the main exchange afaik. Must be other countries as well. Where did you get that info?
offlimit88

You make the thing sound easy...getting a .com account, how? I don t have friends or relatives living in those countries, and i tried searching for sellers, but they are all scam.
If you have ideas, please share
Bog

offlimit88 wrote:
Switerzland ban surprised me, so I discarded Malta too for caution. Romania has low costs compared to other countries ,so that s interesting,
So , do you think the betting situation is pretty stable? Are you romanian?
Yes, I'm from Romania and I trade from betfair.ro with same liquidity like betfair.com, but Romania it's not the only country in Europe beside UK with worldwide liquidity, I'm sure there are other countries also. We should have a list.
Romania has low costs compared to other countries ,so that s interesting,
It depends on what type of person you are, if you like to spend more money, the expenses can grow like in any country.

Situation is pretty stable, betfair has 10 year license since 2016, but I don't think you can login in your account from betfair.ro, you need an romanian account.
offlimit88

Bog wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:17 pm

Situation is pretty stable, betfair has 10 year license since 2016, but I don't think you can login in your account from betfair.ro, you need an romanian account.
That's interesting info, by the way the eu countries with access to betfair.com are fewer and fewer, Romania seems the most stable as i read, yes i will have to open a romanian account, the way i will do that, well, that's a problem if i am not resident
libor88

I am pretty sure that also in Hungary you can access betfair.com with worldwide liquidity. Does anybody knows how difficult it is to open bank account in Romania or Hungary for non- residents ? Also what about utility bills in these 2 countries ? Thanks
3virgul14

Situation is not so easy in Hungary. Betfair domain is usually banned or restricted with court orders because they dont have a license. During this time you can not use the mobile apps neither, only Api access works.

To open a bank account in Hungary requires legal documents and residence permit also, you gotta have a local address too. Deposits and withdrawals are quite complicated if you dont have an ewallet, even if you have the popular ones they charge a lot for the transactions since Hungary is not in money union, the local currency is weak atm so if you can make euros or sterlins, you can have a standart life though its getting more and more expensive since 2014.. Internet is very strong in the central areas, about 15-20 euros, electric is cheap about the 20 euros too. Rents are high though, nothing below 700 euros in the centre currently for EU standarts.. You should be earning 1500-2000 at least to provide yourself. And when PC kicks in its a trouble. Also the tax office can ask you questions if you have incoming money from abroad in any kind of electronic transfer. Be ready for sensible answers. :ugeek:
Bog

3virgul14 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:16 pm

Situation is not so easy in Hungary. Betfair domain is usually banned or restricted with court orders because they dont have a license. During this time you can not use the mobile apps neither, only Api access works.
Internet is very strong in the central areas, about 15-20 euros, electric is cheap about the 20 euros too. Rents are high though, nothing below 700 euros in the centre currently for EU standarts.. You should be earning 1500-2000 at least to provide yourself. And when PC kicks in its a trouble. Also the tax office can ask you questions if you have incoming money from abroad in any kind of electronic transfer. Be ready for sensible answers. :ugeek:
Hi. I found in Budapest rent for one bedroom aparment with 430 euro - https://housinganywhere.com/room/157244 ... -nh-z-utca

It looks pretty good. There are others - https://housinganywhere.com/s/Budapest- ... apartments

In Bucharest you can find rent for one room apartment starting from 220 - 250+ e. Two rooms apartment - 300 350+ e..

It depends where you want to stay, but if it's an subway station near you, it's ok. Here also closer to downtown it's more expensive, but 700 euro it's a lot of money for rent in my opinion. Even if you make 1500-2000 euro. Of course, if you want a more fancy place to stay, you can pay more, but money can "fly" very fast if you are not careful.

Internet and electric bill it's mostly the same. For food you have Carrefour, Cora, Lidl, Kaufland etc

Here, country gambling laws says you need to pay 1% for you withdrawals and 2% on your deposits, it's an automated process, some operators like betfair, pay these taxes for you, but I don't know how it works for people from abroad..
offlimit88

Is there anyone that can share its own experience moving in these countries?
What documents did you sign? How much time took you to have bills, or bank accounts? Did you stay permanently in these countries? How do you suggest to proceed?

Return to “General discussion”