Broadband down for the next three weeks, help please!

A place to discuss anything.
jamesedwards

Most phone these days have a built in hotspot option so your PC connects to a wifi signal given out by your phone and uses your phone's data. Look for a 'mobile hotspot' option on your phone.
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:49 pm
Most phone these days have a built in hotspot option so your PC connects to a wifi signal given out by your phone and uses your phone's data. Look for a 'mobile hotspot' option on your phone.
I have all my comps set to revert to my phones 4G should my house internet ever drop off, serves as a handy and reassuring back up option
Derek27

I've heard if you give your phone Wi-Fi the same network name as your home Wi-Fi and it goes down the transfer from one to the other will be seamless, though I haven't tested it.
Crazyskier

Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:05 pm
I use an EE 4G home router as a back up device and it works wonderfully well. It's faster than my office broadband, though we have a community project underway to get the highest speed possible. But I've always had a backup router, just in case.
I have the Three 5G router as a backup to my Talktalk home broadband which I use for my dedicated desktop wired trading connection.

It runs all the household's laptops, phones, i-pads and even our Sky Glass TV, streaming 4k HDR, and is approx 10 times faster than the 30MB Talktalk Fibre. Never had an issue - it's just plug n' play and sits on the table near a large glass patio to get a good signal. It was an 18-month contract I think, so you'd have to see if they can give you a short-term one of 4g or 5g if you go this route.

CS
Kai

Surely OP has managed to sort it out by now? I certainly hope so.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:48 pm
Surely OP has managed to sort it out by now? I certainly hope so.
As sure as the first ranter has got over his issue. :D

Return to “General discussion”