Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
Atho55

The other MP is Lee Anderson, he used to be Gloria Del Piero`s assistant when she was Labour MP. Perhaps he`s a Starmer mole...
Derek27

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:54 am
Ok...

So Bojo has to now self isolate because he met with another MP who tested positive for CV19.

Aside from the photos showing neither were not wearing a mask or 2 ft apart, or the TT&T seemed to work, the question is why wasn't the other MP tested BEFORE he met with Bojo (not afterwards) :roll:
There's a double negative in there and I think you mean 2 metres. :)
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:22 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:54 am
Ok...

So Bojo has to now self isolate because he met with another MP who tested positive for CV19.

Aside from the photos showing neither were not wearing a mask or 2 ft apart, or the TT&T seemed to work, the question is why wasn't the other MP tested BEFORE he met with Bojo (not afterwards) :roll:
There's a double negative in there and I think you mean 2 metres. :)
8-) 2 shopping trolleys
Jukebox

It must be welcome news to the airline industry that their Boeing 737 Max aircraft will shortly no longer grounded for safety issues and will be able join the rest of their fleet grounded for lack of passengers.
jimibt

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:39 pm
It must be welcome news to the airline industry that their Boeing 737 Max aircraft will shortly no longer grounded for safety issues and will be able join the rest of their fleet grounded for lack of passengers.
:D :mrgreen:
Dallas

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:39 pm
:lol:
superfrank

https://twitter.com/simondolan/status/1 ... 1265850370

"Funding for test and trace will increase to £22bn a year"

That's about 1/6th of the entire NHS budget.

44 times the amount spent on cancer research

£733 for every adult in the UK

£7bn MORE than the entire Police budget

Johnson said "Its good value for money"
Naffman

superfrank wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:08 am

Incredible.

And it's almost predictable now that we 'cannot be trusted' so off we go into another lockdown after Christmas :roll:
Kafkaesque

superfrank wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:08 am

Insane numbers indeed, although....

The million pound question, or rather 22bn pound question, is whether this means that they're actually developing something which functions - to the point of being future proof.

If, and that's a big if, it means putting all the pieces together including what went wrong this time around, and having a test and trace system in place, if and more likely when the next virus pops up, then it's not just good value but brilliant value for money. Being able to nip out the spread much earlier, or at least contain it way better, next time around will save a ton of money in less/no lockdowns and be of big value to quality of life for the population.
jimibt

dad-pun.PNG
yup -i'll get me coat!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kafkaesque

jimibt wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:57 pm
dad-pun.PNG

yup -i'll get me coat!!
Closed pubs being the first and foremost consequence.

This has to go down as the most British of jokes ever :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dallas

Anyone who wants to track daily cases in their local area (see if you'll end up in the dreaded Tier3) the following is very handy, usually gets updated with previous days figures around 3pm-4pm
https://coronalevel.com/United_Kingdom/England/

If London avoids Tier3 and many areas of the North get put in it even though most have falling new cases I imagine Boris will find himself in a sticky situation

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lutruwita

Genuine question:

Both Ireland and Great Britain are islands which means they have a maritime border, unlike much of the world. Other OECD island nations - Australia, New Zealand & to a lesser extent Japan - have found a way to prevent mass spread of the virus. The result has been significantly lower case numbers and also less economic harm than in Ireland and Great Britain. Even South Korea, with a not so porous land border to the north, has in effect been like an island and has done well.

Ireland and Great Britain have the same isolation benefits as the aforementioned countries, so why have they failed so badly to contain the virus, despite attempts at lockdowns?

As it stands, Asia-Pacific, contrasted with Europe and the Americas, has done a much better job dealing with Covid-19. I wouldn't have predicted that.
sionascaig

At the start of the pandemic it was claimed that closing the borders would have no significant effect on the spread of the virus and co-incidentally was at the same time as the UK "seemed" to be considering a herd immunity approach..

Cleary in hindsight it was a bad decision and the cost is pretty well documented..

Current decision makers are not fit for purpose(and don't get me started on approach to track & trace). Focus now seems to be on mass testing with a test that doesn't tell if you: 1. have the virus & 2. are infectious. Its beyond a joke.
Derek27

Most people know by now that I've got a soft spot for blonds or anything that's pleasing to the eye. So when Rita Ora gave that heart-felt apology I took it in good faith and forgave her.

But now I hear that that small gathering was 30 people!!

I'm beginning to wonder if that £1000 deterrent is really just a fee you can pay to party if you can afford it!

Return to “General discussion”