Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:27 pm
Interesting how this thread has taken over from the presidential thread for alternative viewpoints but what I love the most is how those who believe in 1 particular conspiracy theory don't find it ironic in the slightest that they believe in other conspiracy theories. :D
I'm still waiting for the 'Perseverance landed in a studio' conspiracy theory - it's the most obvious one. :)
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:34 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:27 pm
Interesting how this thread has taken over from the presidential thread for alternative viewpoints but what I love the most is how those who believe in 1 particular conspiracy theory don't find it ironic in the slightest that they believe in other conspiracy theories. :D
I'm still waiting for the 'Perseverance landed in a studio' conspiracy theory - it's the most obvious one. :)
Think they need a flag to make that stick don't they?! :)
Last edited by Trader Pat on Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trader Pat

Tuco wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:31 pm
Good luck to anyone waiting to get the jab - get it as soon as you can :)
Mind me asking how old you are Tuco?

I only ask because I got a call from my mothers GP 3 weeks asking if she wanted to be put on the list for a jab, she's 82.

Haven't heard anything back yet, but we're obviously slower rolling out the jab here in Ireland than in the UK.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:40 pm
Tuco wrote:

I only ask because I got a call from my mothers GP 3 weeks asking if she wanted to be put on the list for a jab, she's 82.

Haven't heard anything back yet, but we're obviously slower rolling out the jab here in Ireland than in the UK.
My older brother's in his fifties and he's been offered an appointment, in London. They're moving pretty quick now.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:44 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Tuco wrote:

My older brother's in his fifties and he's been offered an appointment, in London. They're moving pretty quick now.

That's impressive!
Tuco

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:46 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:44 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

That's impressive!
...early fifties (and my mate is 47 next week!) I really wasn't expecting the text last Saturday but was pleased to receive it - I assumed there was some spare capacity they were trying to fill, but it seems they're simply getting on with the tier 5-9's all in one go having 'completed' tiers 1-4.
Trader Pat

Tuco wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:00 am
...early fifties (and my mate is 47 next week!) I really wasn't expecting the text last Saturday but was pleased to receive it - I assumed there was some spare capacity they were trying to fill, but it seems they're simply getting on with the tier 5-9's all in one go having 'completed' tiers 1-4.
The UK government seem to be getting their act together regarding the rollout at least
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:15 am
Tuco wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:00 am
The UK government seem to be getting their act together regarding the rollout at least
Agree. BJ's responsible for all the cockups but we'll give the UK government credit where due. :D
greenmark

Covid vaccines cut risk of serious illness by 80%
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56240220

Yeehaaa!! Get in!! Back of the net!!! etc
Derek27

If that wally who tested positive for covid but forgot to put his name and address on the form had the same teachers as I did he'd never have made that mistake. ;)
superfrank

Sunak's budget a cop out. Corbyn could have produced it.

He should have slashed spending and tackled the bloated sacred cow that is the NHS (and the public sector in general) - that's what Mrs Thatcher would have done, and rightly so.

Prepare for European style stagnation.
alexmr2

superfrank wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:43 pm
Sunak's budget a cop out. Corbyn could have produced it.

He should have slashed spending and tackled the bloated sacred cow that is the NHS (and the public sector in general) - that's what Mrs Thatcher would have done, and rightly so.

Prepare for European style stagnation.
Not much of a concern for these people in charge who are nearing retirement and laughing all the way to the bank regardless of what happens next. The next generations will pay it back. Coincidentally the same generations suffering the most from the restrictions (kids-graduates) missing out on developing physically, mentally, socially and of course had their education, career or business disrupted and dreams crushed
received_490145232151724.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
superfrank

alexmr2 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:36 pm
Not much of a concern for these people in charge who are nearing retirement and laughing all the way to the bank regardless of what happens next.
Indeed.

Is this kind of stuff a valid use of public money by the NHS (in the middle of a pandemic)?!

https://twitter.com/NHS_HealthEdEng/sta ... 3732851714

https://youtu.be/5n1pRLtdLFs

The state is out of control. If a Tory govt. with an 80-seat majority won't do anything to rein them in, then we really are going to hell in a handcart.
Derek27

BJ's rewarded the nurses who saved his life with a 1% pay rise, less than half of that if you factor in inflation. :lol:
alexmr2

superfrank wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:10 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:36 pm
Not much of a concern for these people in charge who are nearing retirement and laughing all the way to the bank regardless of what happens next.
Indeed.

Is this kind of stuff a valid use of public money by the NHS (in the middle of a pandemic)?!

https://twitter.com/NHS_HealthEdEng/sta ... 3732851714

https://youtu.be/5n1pRLtdLFs

The state is out of control. If a Tory govt. with an 80-seat majority won't do anything to rein them in, then we really are going to hell in a handcart.
I think it all comes down to decades of unsustainable greed which will probably never be eradicated by humans. One of the examples that comes to mind was a few years back when Carillion was charging the NHS £70 to change a lightbulb/£20 to refill hand sanitiser boxes, obviously going into someones back pocket along the way when the taxpayer is getting such bad value at the end of the day. it's basically legalised money laundering on a large scale

Return to “General discussion”