Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

Time to pull the thread to a close again I guess.

My wife was vaccinated early on. Why, because she works with terminal ill children and was had a high risk of exposure. She has been lucky and avoided any infection but unfortunately the same was not true of some of her colleagues.

The wonderful juxtaposition of the virus is if measure are successful people can claim it never was an issue. But it is and if you don't believe just do some really useful public service and work at the front line of it without any protection and report back. You prove your own theory but help at the same time.

Action from a distance, is no action at all.
Trader Pat

I've been lucky none of my family or friends have had any exposure.

From day one though I've preferred to take advice from those on the frontline who are dealing with it every day rather than clowns online or in the media who have an agenda to push.
greenmark

Euler wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:38 pm
Time to pull the thread to a close again I guess.

My wife was vaccinated early on. Why, because she works with terminal ill children and was had a high risk of exposure. She has been lucky and avoided any infection but unfortunately the same was not true of some of her colleagues.

The wonderful juxtaposition of the virus is if measure are successful people can claim it never was an issue. But it is and if you don't believe just do some really useful public service and work at the front line of it without any protection and report back. You prove your own theory but help at the same time.

Action from a distance, is no action at all.
I'm conflicted about shutting the thread down. Your post about your personal experience and other recent ones from respected forumites demonstrate the value of this thread. A lone voice banging out nonsense eventually provokes a response from sensible, intelligent people. We all have the option to add people to our foe list. Which I've just done.
Kai

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:24 am
I'm sorry to hear anyone's personal circumstances but unfortunately this is how sentiment and emotion skews opinions.
Your own opinion was skewed early on when you went through Covid like it was a common cold, after which you started wondering why it's such a big deal for everyone else. I'm afraid it's as shallow as that. That's the real source of this confirmation bias that you've been feeding whether you care to admit it or not.

But it's one thing to have an opinion about something, and another to actively try to impose that opinion on others because you think that being a Covid veteran gives you that sort of credibility. Absolute nonsense, from top to bottom.

Seeing as you like stats you should pay more attention to your own : 41.95% of your forum posts are in this thread imposing your agenda saying how nobody died yet, in a thread started by a member that is actively dealing with chemotherapy. When I said it was callous I was being nice about it.

superfrank

Kai wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:48 pm
Seeing as you like stats you should pay more attention to your own : 41.95% of your forum posts are in this thread imposing your agenda saying how nobody died yet, in a thread started by a member that is actively dealing with chemotherapy. When I said it was callous I was being nice about it.
It's irrelevant who started the thread, as is his health. It's also none of your business on which thread Alex posts - he's entitled to his opinion.
alexmr2

Kai wrote:
alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:24 am
I'm sorry to hear anyone's personal circumstances but unfortunately this is how sentiment and emotion skews opinions.
Your own opinion was skewed early on when you went through Covid like it was a common cold, after which you started wondering why it's such a big deal for everyone else. I'm afraid it's as shallow as that. That's the real source of this confirmation bias that you've been feeding whether you care to admit it or not.

But it's one thing to have an opinion about something, and another to actively try to impose that opinion on others because you think that being a Covid veteran gives you that sort of credibility. Absolute nonsense, from top to bottom.

I know a few other people who had the virus (elderly and survived), but honestly sentiment carries a lower weight on my opinion than the facts like survival rate 99%+ across the world regardless of which restrictions were in place. 60,000 experts signed a petition against lockdown called The Great Barring Declaration and many have spoken out by now. I don't see why all the experts and data is being ignored but the profit-orientated corporate scientists are being forced upon us.

Why is it so frowned upon to question the narrative which has so many holes? Questioning the forced experimental injections on kids, passes to discriminate against the healthy, the cancelled treatments, the psychological divide and conquer techniques in general? If you look deep enough you will see it may well be those that support the government's agenda that are the true selfish ones. Personally I have benefited from lockdown in more than a couple of ways but it becomes frustrating to see everyone so blindly follow the sinister path being laid out for us, our kids and grandkids.

Again I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I like to think that some people here can look at both sides/have a sensible debate instead of everyone having the same opinion which would be a boring world
Last edited by alexmr2 on Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greenmark

superfrank wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:05 pm
Kai wrote:
It's irrelevant who started the thread, as is his health. It's also none of your business on which thread Alex posts - he's entitled to his opinion.
Thats an appalling post. Betangel please shut this down.
superfrank

What?! I said it's irrelevant (to the content of the thread). Get a grip.
Dallas

I think its best we give it some time out.

I was in the process of typing up a reply to a few earlier posts but decided to just cut it short, with the gist of it being its understandable people having different views on and range of things like lockdown restrictions, what action should have been taken and when and if vaccine passports should be required etc

But this this is a trading forum and although there's 100s of other non trading topics being discussed we don't want the forum used as a place to push wild unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and denial agenda's.

Return to “General discussion”