Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
gazuty

This is going to be good series of articles - https://quillette.com/2020/08/24/the-ch ... -outbreak/
marwen

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:54 pm
Personally I feel it's an opportunity, itll all be forgotten about in 12 months time & we can all get back to reading and listening to people hate each other again...

If I had any idea how to go about it or indeed what the hell I was doing, I think I'd be buying some of the panic.
God save us all.
sekodilemo

The virus can cause a range of symptoms, ranging from mild illness to pneumonia. Symptoms of the disease are fever, cough, sore throat and headaches. In severe cases difficulty in breathing and deaths can occur
Kai

sekodilemo wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:40 am
The virus can cause a range of symptoms, ranging from mild illness to pneumonia. Symptoms of the disease are fever, cough, sore throat and headaches. In severe cases difficulty in breathing and deaths can occur
That's a strange list of interests you got there bud, what's up with that? :)

Kai

Am I being paranoid due to sleep deprivation or are the 2 new posters above actually forum bots? :)

If they're bots, the question is, are they profitable? :mrgreen:
jamesg46

sekodilemo wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:40 am
Bloody hell, this virus escalated quickly, i better rush out and buy up all of the toilet roll & hand sanitiser. I think the Goverment should put rules in place to safeguard us all, maybe we should hibernate & if we really must go out then its paramount that we all act responsible by not looking at each other, or talking to each other & if this is unavoidable then.... nah actually, let's just make sure we all wear masks to save each other, nothing better than being a local hero but whatever you do, don't get close to the people you're saving, you yourself (the hero) could end up being the bad guy. Also, just to be extra, extra safe, lets shut as many businesses down as possible, that way people can't spread it through working, loss of jobs won't be an issue because if you're smart like me, i also picked up 1800 bags of pasta so feeding my kids while unemployed won't be an issue.

I cant believe how this has passed me by until now....
Dallas

Sept 24th announced as the new date for new nationwide Coronavirus app to be launched
So expect it Christmas eve!
gazuty

gazuty wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:09 am
This is going to be good series of articles - https://quillette.com/2020/08/24/the-ch ... -outbreak/
Full series of articles published https://quillette.com/2020/09/06/the-ch ... -its-data/

Summary.

China might have been a fraction slow but not much.

The virus probably went from bats to humans to the Wuhan market.

It’s less likely to have come from the wuhan wet market itself. It most probably didn’t come from a lab.

Neither China (not any other country) could have been expected to be able to contain it.
Last edited by gazuty on Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abgespaced

Two words: Sweden & Switzerland.
Archery1969

abgespaced wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:14 pm
Sweden, didn't they let half their elderly people in care homes basically die sooner than they should have ?
Jukebox

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:22 am
abgespaced wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:14 pm
Sweden, didn't they let half their elderly people in care homes basically die sooner than they should have ?
Its just a modernized Ättestupa
Derek27

My neighbours often have a group of friends around. Problem is the never turn up all at once but come and go sporadically. So I now need to positively identify each guest and keep tabs of how many people are in the flat any given time before calling the police. :)
alexmr2

An interesting analysis of some stats and the bigger picture of death rates which suggests that the "Covid spike" was just a slightly worse than normal regression to the mean after a particularly long trough of seasonal deaths

I do think any information online should be taken with a pinch of salt but it's hard to argue against pubs being opened for weeks without masks and the death rate being down to single figures

https://youtu.be/8UvFhIFzaac
superfrank

"999, Police, how can we help?"

"I'm being burgled"

"Sorry, can't send anyone, all busy"

"There's 3 of them and 4 of us already live here"

"We're on our way"
Naffman

Boris has lost the plot if he goes for a new lockdown

Return to “General discussion”