Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
greenmark

Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:30 pm
I suspect we'll see 500-600 daily deaths a few more times now over the next few weeks, but don't expect it to get any higher (also that's the reported rather than actual day which is more smoother)

Looking for a positive the case numbers for the UK do seem to have settled with the 2nd wave peaking three weeks ago now, while other European countries have been hit much harder and we do way more testing than all of them now (tracing is debatable)

GB Chart.JPG

GB 2.JPG

GB.JPG
Unfortunately, I suspect you're wrong. We're only a week into lockdown. Round here, the attitude seemed to be party hard before the restrictions come in. So I would expect this is not the peak for a week or so.
Hope I'm wrong and you're right. Fingers crossed.
Derek27

Bizarrely, in the first lockdown people were queuing to get into shops but face masks weren't worn. Facemasks should make this lockdown more effective.
superfrank

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... ouncement/
Pfizer’s chief executive sold shares worth millions on Monday, the same day the drug maker announced its coronavirus vaccine was more than 90pc effective.

Albert Bourla sold more than 130,000 shares on Monday as part of a scheduled plan to sell some of his stake in Pfizer, according to a US Securities and Exchange Commission filing.

The shares were sold at $41.94 each - close to the intra-day high of $41.99 - meaning he made about $5.6m (£4.2m) from the sale.
I wanna know who he thinks will win the Masters.
firlandsfarm

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:56 pm
I wonder When they calculate that they have a high contact failure rate with Test Track and Trace are they factoring in that the very people they're trying to contact almost by definition must include a large proportion of people who are by now infected and possibly in hospital or worse.
TT&T does nothing for me, literally ... my phone is too old! Why produce a TT&T app for the nation that only works for those who have (can afford) the most recent phones? I guess the designers have taken shares in the phone manufacturers!
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:30 pm
I suspect we'll see 500-600 daily deaths a few more times now over the next few weeks, but don't expect it to get any higher (also that's the reported rather than actual day which is more smoother)

Looking for a positive the case numbers for the UK do seem to have settled with the 2nd wave peaking three weeks ago now, while other European countries have been hit much harder and we do way more testing than all of them now (tracing is debatable)

GB Chart.JPG

GB 2.JPG

GB.JPG
Well said Dallas ... funny how the media and Sir Keir's 'friends' have not mentioned those figures!
Last edited by firlandsfarm on Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:43 am
Jukebox wrote:
I wonder When they calculate that they have a high contact failure rate with Test Track and Trace are they factoring in that the very people they're trying to contact almost by definition must include a large proportion of people who are by now infected and possibly in hospital or worse.
TT&T does nothing for me, literally ... my phone is too old! Why produce a TT&T app for the nation that only works for those who have (can afford) the most recent phones? I guess the designers have taken shares in the phone manufacturers!
My phone's only two years old (I know some people would think that's ancient) and it's not compatible with either T&T or the Wetherspoons app!
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:12 pm
My phone's only two years old (I know some people would think that's ancient) and it's not compatible with either T&T or the Wetherspoons app!
Sorry to hear about Wetherspoons
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:
Jukebox wrote:
Are you Apple or Android? Android 6.0 has been around for a lot longer than 2 years.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:

Are you Apple or Android? Android 6.0 has been around for a lot longer than 2 years.
Actually it's probably 3 years old. I've got Android 5.1.1 and never got round to downloading the software update. Do you think upgrading the OS might solve the problem? I'm not fussed about T&T but I'd like to be able to summon a bird to my table at Wetherspoons when it opens again. :)
spreadbetting

I think firlands and Derek have Doro phones by the sounds of it, greenmark.
jimibt

greenmark wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:06 pm
i seem to rmbr he mentioned that he was using this one:

Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:41 pm
I really struggle to understand why people replace their phone every year. If it's no longer compatible with several apps or usages fair enough. I wouldn't by a new one to save myself the trouble of walking to the bar.
Derek27

Frontpage of one of the tabloids, can't remember which; dogs have to be kept six feet apart and cats must be kepted indoors. :lol:
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:45 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
I really struggle to understand why people replace their phone every year. If it's no longer compatible with several apps or usages fair enough. I wouldn't by a new one to save myself the trouble of walking to the bar.
Thanks to the next president market I treated myself to an iphone 12. Can't say I'm happy they've gotten rid of the finger print unlock in favour of a face ID scan. I see enough of my face in the mirror don't need to see it every time I unlock my phone
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:52 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:45 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Thanks to the next president market I treated myself to an iphone 12. Can't say I'm happy they've gotten rid of the finger print unlock in favour of a face ID scan. I see enough of my face in the mirror don't need to see it every time I unlock my phone
Wait until it's settled, it might be voided. ;)

Return to “General discussion”