Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
jimibt

greenmark wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:06 pm
Are you Apple or Android? Android 6.0 has been around for a lot longer than 2 years.
i seem to rmbr he mentioned that he was using this one:

Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:41 pm
I think firlands and Derek have Doro phones by the sounds of it, greenmark.
I really struggle to understand why people replace their phone every year. If it's no longer compatible with several apps or usages fair enough. I wouldn't by a new one to save myself the trouble of walking to the bar.
Derek27

Frontpage of one of the tabloids, can't remember which; dogs have to be kept six feet apart and cats must be kepted indoors. :lol:
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:45 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
I really struggle to understand why people replace their phone every year. If it's no longer compatible with several apps or usages fair enough. I wouldn't by a new one to save myself the trouble of walking to the bar.
Thanks to the next president market I treated myself to an iphone 12. Can't say I'm happy they've gotten rid of the finger print unlock in favour of a face ID scan. I see enough of my face in the mirror don't need to see it every time I unlock my phone
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:52 pm
Derek27 wrote:
spreadbetting wrote:
Thanks to the next president market I treated myself to an iphone 12. Can't say I'm happy they've gotten rid of the finger print unlock in favour of a face ID scan. I see enough of my face in the mirror don't need to see it every time I unlock my phone
Wait until it's settled, it might be voided. ;)
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Wait until it's settled, it might be voided. ;)
:lol:
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:12 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:43 am

TT&T does nothing for me, literally ... my phone is too old! Why produce a TT&T app for the nation that only works for those who have (can afford) the most recent phones? I guess the designers have taken shares in the phone manufacturers!
My phone's only two years old (I know some people would think that's ancient) and it's not compatible with either T&T or the Wetherspoons app!
Are you Apple or Android? Android 6.0 has been around for a lot longer than 2 years.
Apple iPhone 6 ... works fine (other than TT&T). Shop told me the TT&T app expects minimum of 64GB phone!!
firlandsfarm

spreadbetting wrote:
SB, are you a phone snob?!! :shock: my phone works fine for everything except an app that was designed for snobs and the phone manufacturers! I don't believe in throwing something away just because it's not fashionable. My old winkle pickers came back into fashion ... I knew they would!! :D But never expect them to be followed by chisels. Somebody should tell the fashionistas of today they are 60 years out of date! :lol: :lol:
greenmark

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:00 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:12 pm

My phone's only two years old (I know some people would think that's ancient) and it's not compatible with either T&T or the Wetherspoons app!
Apple iPhone 6 ... works fine (other than TT&T). Shop told me the TT&T app expects minimum of 64GB phone!!
OK. Perhaps I'm confused. (Wouldn't be the 1st time). I was referrig to the nhs covid tracking app, which notifies you if you've been in proximity with an infected person. TT&T may have different requirements. In fact, I don't even know what TT&T is (apart from the basic concept). I mean what does TT&T mean to me, in terms of what I'm supposed to do, download, or whatever.
Actually, don't answer that. I'll Google it :-).
superfrank

Restaurants and gyms acted as "superspreading" sites for COVID-19 transmission last spring, accounting for the majority of new infections in large U.S. cities, according to a new study.
https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-su ... rants.html

Expect the government to launch a Workout to Help Out scheme next month.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thanks to the next president market I treated myself to an iphone 12.
Don't be fooled by the adverts. You won't have birds flocking around you every time you get it out in public. :lol:
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:05 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thanks to the next president market I treated myself to an iphone 12.
Don't be fooled by the adverts. You won't have birds flocking around you every time you get it out in public. :lol:
Thanks for killing my dreams :D
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:11 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
greenmark wrote:

OK. Perhaps I'm confused. (Wouldn't be the 1st time). I was referrig to the nhs covid tracking app, which notifies you if you've been in proximity with an infected person. TT&T may have different requirements. In fact, I don't even know what TT&T is (apart from the basic concept). I mean what does TT&T mean to me, in terms of what I'm supposed to do, download, or whatever.
Sorry greenmark, I used TT&T as an abbreviation for "Test Track & Trace" and by that was referring to the government app that records if you were close to someone who later tests positive for Covid and can let you know. My iPhone6 can't install the app even though it tells me it has the latest OS. I mentioned it when in a phone shop recently and was advised that for some (crazy, their word, not mine) reason it requires a phone with at least 64GB of storage! They said they had no idea why, that's an awful lot of people to walk near!
firlandsfarm

superfrank wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:54 pm
Restaurants and gyms acted as "superspreading" sites for COVID-19 transmission last spring, accounting for the majority of new infections in large U.S. cities, according to a new study.
https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-su ... rants.html

Expect the government to launch a Workout to Help Out scheme next month.
No need for a study just a little commonsense but I guess it kept the authors in pay at someone's expense ... have they stopped teaching kids that "coughs and sneezes spread diseases"?!
greenmark

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:38 am
greenmark wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:11 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:

Sorry greenmark, I used TT&T as an abbreviation for "Test Track & Trace" and by that was referring to the government app that records if you were close to someone who later tests positive for Covid and can let you know. My iPhone6 can't install the app even though it tells me it has the latest OS. I mentioned it when in a phone shop recently and was advised that for some (crazy, their word, not mine) reason it requires a phone with at least 64GB of storage! They said they had no idea why, that's an awful lot of people to walk near!
Interesting. My Android phone V6.0 has 8gb, 3 of which occupied by the OS. I regularly can't install apps due to lack of space. But I have been able to install the NHS Covid app. 64GB is just ludicrous.

Return to “General discussion”