Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
burntheory

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:27 pm
Under a Labour government, Corbyn would have given us free phone upgrades. :)
Under a Labour government, Corbyn would have spent the last ten months holding talks with Covid-19 to get a better understanding of its grievances against the human race and trying to find ways we could accomodate its 'legitimate' demands.
superfrank

Corbyn has tweeted that, "A vaccine should not become a privatised commodity used for corporate profiteering."
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status ... 7045716993

One day someone should explain private enterprise to him. Derek can sit in.
Derek27

superfrank wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:37 pm
Corbyn has tweeted that, "A vaccine should not become a privatised commodity used for corporate profiteering."
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status ... 7045716993

One day someone should explain private enterprise to him. Derek can sit in.
I supported him while he was Labour's only hope, but now I'd rather the headcase is never seen or heard of again. Starmer's probably made the right decision to suspend him from the party. Besides, how could I argue with Rachel. :)
0_Rachel-Riley-defends-photoshopped-Jeremy-Corbyn-t-shirt-after-Twitter-calls-for-Countdown-host-to-be.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:15 pm
All the main track and trace apps developed and used by governments around the world use the joint API and Bluetooth tech developed by Android and Googles so are all in the same boat with regards to the OS requirements imposed by Apple and Android,
There will be some countries who's citizens generally have upgrade and have newer handsets so will they have a higher compatibility percentage.

But the alternative was the governments original approach of trying to go it alone as they did back in spring and create there own centralized app from scratch which as we all know turned out a waste of time and money.
Partly because it was incompatible with a large number of iPhones due to Apples OS
I stand corrected, thanks Dallas. It seems I have become a victim of the media mantra "always blame the government"! I probably believed them with their government bashing because I could see my phone was up to date but could not use the app. I've not heard anyone in the media say it's an unavoidable technical problem ... well that's not so newsworthy as "Boris got it wrong again"!

Following your comment I researched it and found an article from The Express claiming "Unfortunately, the feature {privacy concerns] prevented the NHS app from finding 25 per cent of Android phones and 96 percent of iPhone owners". I find the iPhone figure not believable (they don't give a source) but maybe we don't have as many iPhone snobs as the media like to promote when a new version is launched. :) But the Android number if believable because Android has more recently become popular.

It does raise two issues ... implied fake news, when only half the news is reported, the half you agree with giving a one sided slant to a story. It's harder to spot because it's difficult to spot the lie and disagree with something not said. And Apple and Google have another way to control the future by setting their own paths for development with 'us' having to work within that. Maybe they could have produced an upgrade to old OS's but that wouldn't sell replacement phones so they just put it in the latest phones and waited for people to upgrade though fear. I find it difficult to believe that Bluetooth in old phones could not be upgraded to the version of Bluetooth in newer phones. As I said, kids have been using photo-exchange apps for years (I don't know how many years but it was at a time when the iPhone5 was the phone to have and Android was an uncoordinated disaster).
wearthefoxhat

Ok...

So Bojo has to now self isolate because he met with another MP who tested positive for CV19.

Aside from the photos showing neither were not wearing a mask or 2 ft apart, or the TT&T seemed to work, the question is why wasn't the other MP tested BEFORE he met with Bojo (not afterwards) :roll:
Atho55

The other MP is Lee Anderson, he used to be Gloria Del Piero`s assistant when she was Labour MP. Perhaps he`s a Starmer mole...
Derek27

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:54 am
Ok...

So Bojo has to now self isolate because he met with another MP who tested positive for CV19.

Aside from the photos showing neither were not wearing a mask or 2 ft apart, or the TT&T seemed to work, the question is why wasn't the other MP tested BEFORE he met with Bojo (not afterwards) :roll:
There's a double negative in there and I think you mean 2 metres. :)
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:22 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:54 am
Ok...

There's a double negative in there and I think you mean 2 metres. :)
8-) 2 shopping trolleys
Jukebox

It must be welcome news to the airline industry that their Boeing 737 Max aircraft will shortly no longer grounded for safety issues and will be able join the rest of their fleet grounded for lack of passengers.
jimibt

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:39 pm
It must be welcome news to the airline industry that their Boeing 737 Max aircraft will shortly no longer grounded for safety issues and will be able join the rest of their fleet grounded for lack of passengers.
:D :mrgreen:
Dallas

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:39 pm
:lol:
superfrank

https://twitter.com/simondolan/status/1 ... 1265850370

"Funding for test and trace will increase to £22bn a year"

That's about 1/6th of the entire NHS budget.

44 times the amount spent on cancer research

£733 for every adult in the UK

£7bn MORE than the entire Police budget

Johnson said "Its good value for money"
Naffman

superfrank wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:08 am

Incredible.

And it's almost predictable now that we 'cannot be trusted' so off we go into another lockdown after Christmas :roll:
Kafkaesque

superfrank wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:08 am

Insane numbers indeed, although....

The million pound question, or rather 22bn pound question, is whether this means that they're actually developing something which functions - to the point of being future proof.

If, and that's a big if, it means putting all the pieces together including what went wrong this time around, and having a test and trace system in place, if and more likely when the next virus pops up, then it's not just good value but brilliant value for money. Being able to nip out the spread much earlier, or at least contain it way better, next time around will save a ton of money in less/no lockdowns and be of big value to quality of life for the population.
jimibt

dad-pun.PNG
yup -i'll get me coat!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General discussion”