Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:26 pm
It baffles me why people head for the coast to bake in the sun, get sand in their drinks and be surrounded by potentially unpleasant people.
Agreed … the coastal average is cooler than inland in the summer and warmer in the winter (water warms and cools slower than land). Bake in the sun: mad dogs? Sand in their drinks: and sandwiches! Surrounded by potentially unpleasant people: so long as they remain potentially so I wouldn't mind and don't forget we are all potentially unpleasant to the person you fear is potentially unpleasant. :lol: The secret is to find little known spots and avoid the main places … I know many places on the south coast where you would struggle to have to be within 2 metres of someone else.
superfrank

According to the Telegraph this week's mass stabbing came after the Sudanese knifeman complained about the food in the hotel where he and 100 other asylum seekers are being housed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The spaghetti and macaroni cheese served "wasn’t culturally appropriate".
Derek27

It's just as well I wasn't in possession of a gun when I got home and found the donner kebab I bought had no salad or chilli sauce. :)
firlandsfarm

Apparently Boycott is likely to be leaving TMS … one Twitter contributor's assessment seems about right … “White, male, straight, tory and knows about cricket. Surprised he lasted this long at the BBC.”
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:47 pm
It's just as well I wasn't in possession of a gun when I got home and found the donner kebab I bought had no salad or chilli sauce. :)
I miss my Friday chicken shawarma. :( Hopefully they be opening up again soon. :)
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:06 am
Derek27 wrote:
I miss my Friday chicken shawarma. :( Hopefully they be opening up again soon. :)
This might help. :)

https://greatcurryrecipes.net/2015/07/1 ... ma-kebabs/
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:53 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Derek, that's not very helpful as now i can have one on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :lol:
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:

Derek, that's not very helpful as now i can have one on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :lol:
You've got me interested in this kebab, that I've never tried now. Monday mornings is one of my few windows in the trading week where I've got time to cook. :)
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:07 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:

You've got me interested in this kebab, that I've never tried now. Monday mornings is one of my few windows in the trading week where I've got time to cook. :)
I have to say they are amazing but you have to be careful otherwise you end up eating yourself sick. 😂
superfrank

WOKE Utopia - Jonathan Pie
https://youtu.be/e5TVLEaqqdI

Even lefties are realising the madness of it all.
superfrank

Keir Starmer is now wriggling out of his show of support for BLM after being photographed kneeling in his office - claiming he supported "the moment" and not "the organisation".

This brave girl has got her head screwed on more firmly. It's a shame a few of our brainless footballers couldn't think for themselves.
Nero Tulip

BLM the organisation has far too much politics about it, 'blm' on the other hand - the movement, has very little to question about it and is I think what most people support. It's a real problem for the 'supporters of lives', in that to discern what type of supporter or non supporter of blm/BLM you are, there needs to be a full 15 page questionnaire to undertake. :roll: That's frustrating, but I think it is safe to assume that people taking a knee in solidarity are doing so to support black lives mattering (under the assumption that all lives matter), rather than the very left wing political campaigning/huge donations, which is not made (purposefully?) particularly obvious.
Crazyskier

superfrank wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:28 pm

Keir Starmer is now wriggling out of his show of support for BLM after being photographed kneeling in his office - claiming he supported "the moment" and not "the organisation".

This brave girl has got her head screwed on more firmly. It's a shame a few of our brainless footballers couldn't think for themselves.
I'm so glad Matt Le Tissier won't cave in and wear the Black Power (sorry, BLM) badge on Sky Sports. We need more people to stand up for what they believe in not allow sport to be politicised in ANY way.

CS
Kafkaesque

Yeah, I know. The outrage at standing in salute to national anthems and wearing poppies was equally huge from the same people now crying foul at politics in sports.
Nero Tulip

This is where presumptions need making regarding black power comments and BLM, there's like probably at least 5-10 different ways BLM is viewed... presumably Le Tiss has issues with their political donations and reasonably hard left leaning political activism, rather than black lives mattering. Am happy to find that he is sufficiently clued up on it, because it does take a fair bit of digging.

I do however seriously doubt that these girls here have taken a knee under anything other than their own choice out of wanting all lives to matter the same amount. And this is the problem - those that know BLM as a political party think they are coerced into doing it and/or they are supporting a hard left political party first and black lives mattering a distant second, when that is actually, pretty unlikely imo. It's a shame both are so frustratingly mixed, and that a genuine opportunity to work towards better equality is being used in such a way.

With that in mind, it might be useful to stop taking the knee soon and get back to using words and day to day actions, rather than giving those who seek to politicise both those still standing and those kneeling an excuse. Like I say, without a long winded explainer, no one can know why or what those standing or kneeling are thinking or supporting anymore... and that just enables any narrative anyone wants to be applied to anything.... a very modern problem.

Return to “General discussion”