StellaBot

imagine worrking in ITU

Stay Or Leave
StellaBot

Things are simple as people are
Trader Pat

SweetLyrics wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:20 pm
Loathe as I am to get involved in this conversation, I think there arguments a lot of straw man arguments flying about.

You can question the official narrative about Covid without believing in the lizard people.

Imagine you're a lawyer, and try to construct an argument from the alternative point of view, just as an intellectual exercise. You might end up feeling that the other side aren't a strange mixture of crazy and evil who deserve to be spoken to in a hectoring manner, but instead that they merely happen to have a different way of looking at the world to you, which is no more or less valid.

Anyway, I'm going to leave it there before I get sucked back into the forum. I'm only following this thread because I get update emails every 5 minutes, and morbid curiosity prevents me from unsubscribing! :lol:

Jeff
You'll be back :D
Derek27

SweetLyrics wrote:
Imagine you're a lawyer, and try to construct an argument from the alternative point of view, just as an intellectual exercise.
Arguing that the virus doesn't exist and the vaccine contains a microchip designed by Bill Gates (don't know what he's done to deserve it) to control the mind of the patient is far from an intellectual exercise!
SweetLyrics

Yes, those are ridiculous views.

However, there are guys like Yardley Yeadon (https://twitter.com/MichaelYeadon3) who question how meaningful the official stats are. I think they deserve a fair hearing.

And whilst I don't buy into conspiracy theories that what is happening throughout the world is a plan by the elites to bring about a massive redistribution of wealth, I don't completely dismiss those theories either (and as an aside, it wouldn't surprise me if what's happening leads to some kind of global economic reset, although I've absolutely no idea how that will play out).

Jeff
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:35 pm
SweetLyrics wrote:
Imagine you're a lawyer, and try to construct an argument from the alternative point of view, just as an intellectual exercise.
Arguing that the virus doesn't exist and the vaccine contains a microchip designed by Bill Gates (don't know what he's done to deserve it) to control the mind of the patient is far from an intellectual exercise!
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
...Bill Gates (don't know what he's done to deserve it).......
Windows updates
StellaBot

get job in ITU

YOU WILL GET CONFIRMATION
SweetLyrics

With respect, that is a non-argument.

A doctor dealing with Covid patients will see a lot of Covid patients.

An oncologist will see a lot of cancer patients.

Neither will be able to tell you about the extent of the illness they treat based purely on personal experience.
StellaBot wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:47 pm
get job in ITU

YOU WILL GET CONFIRMATION
Derek27

SweetLyrics wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 pm
And whilst I don't buy into conspiracy theories that what is happening throughout the world is a plan by the elites to bring about a massive redistribution of wealth, I don't completely dismiss those theories either
It's unusual to be quoted 4 times in the space of 5-10 minutes. :)

I knew nothing about the redistribution of wealth theory (and still don't) but the reason I dismiss it or have no interest in it is that I've only seen it put forward by people on this forum or YouTube videos who believe Trump won the election. :lol:
StellaBot

Totally disagree

Both may be unaware of the other diagnosis they are unaware of
Last edited by StellaBot on Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 pm
Derek27 wrote:
...Bill Gates (don't know what he's done to deserve it).......
Windows updates
Bill Gates is no longer running Microsoft but when he was, around the time of Windows 98/XP, Windows never updated or did anything without your permission - you had complete control if you wanted it.
Derek27

StellaBot wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:53 pm
Totally disagree
Now that's an argument. :)
SweetLyrics

My own view of Covid:

Yes, it's real.

Yes, it kills lots of people.

So does the flu.

So does smoking.

So does obesity.

So does childbirth.

So does driving.

However, in my opinion, and illness that 99% of people survive and where the average fatality is over 80 does not merit shutting down society and creating the worst recession in 300 years.

I quite like the Swedish model - isolate the elderly and other vulnerable people, and let everyone else get on with their lives.

I'm probably going to get flamed to death for that, especially from my old buddy Spreadbetting. Hey ho! :lol:

Jeff
jamesg46

"The Lizard people" are real, they're just not actual Lizards... when conspiracy people refer to Lizard people they're referring to a group of hackers (generally) - it just got made into a joke that conspiracy people believe in Lizard people.
The Silk Run

StellaBot wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:53 pm
Totally disagree

Both may be unaware of the other diagnosis they are unaware of
Move to Fat Finger or Darts topic please :D

Return to “General discussion”