Betfair Account Closed on Business Grounds

A place to discuss anything.
user1234

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:46 pm
user1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:31 pm
I contacted Betfair customer support again on Wednesday. The customer support person said the request was on queue and further directed it to management and said they would respond soon. Still no response.
I'm not sure what 'soon' means at Betfair but it certainly doesn't mean within two days.
They said something like very soon if that's any reconciliation. I will ask to bump the ticket once more tomorrow, we will see.
Derek27

user1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
user1234 wrote:
I contacted Betfair customer support again on Wednesday. The customer support person said the request was on queue and further directed it to management and said they would respond soon. Still no response.
I'm not sure what 'soon' means at Betfair but it certainly doesn't mean within two days.
They said something like very soon if that's any reconciliation. I will ask to bump the ticket once more tomorrow, we will see.
Very soon is definitely sooner than soon, but no indication of how much sooner or how soon is soon. :)

I prefer the term, in due course, or in the fullness of time.
ANGELS15

user1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
user1234 wrote:
How are you able to log in to Bet Angel if your Betfair account is closed?
user1234

I finally got a response from Betfair. They wanted proof of ownership of the card and ID, and will review whether the account can be reopened. Let's hope for the best.
alexmr2

A scary thought that you can spend years learning this and rely on it as your income but they can always choose to not to business with you if they want
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:02 pm
You may find your only route is seeing a lawyer who will advise on the cost of court action. But then again BF can afford a good legal team etc.
I'll remember that advice next time my cards not accepted or I'm asked for ID. :lol:
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:32 am
Archery1969 wrote:
You may find your only route is seeing a lawyer who will advise on the cost of court action. But then again BF can afford a good legal team etc.
I'll remember that advice next time my cards not accepted or I'm asked for ID. :lol:
You can afford a lawyer Derek.
jimibt

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:55 am
Derek27 wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:
let's hope so, just been reviewing some of his late night posts - lol
Archery1969

jimibt wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:24 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:55 am
Derek27 wrote:

let's hope so, just been reviewing some of his late night posts - lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Johnedale

user1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:56 pm
I am new member of the betting community from Finland, and yesterday made an account with Betfair to get started. I added approximately 100 euros to the account in two batches and made two bets allocating all the funds. Slightly afterwards, as I was trying to deposit more funds I got a message that my account had been closed on business grounds. A message containing the following was sent to my email.

I almost immediately contacted the customer support, but unfortunately they could not provide any more information on the issue. I also sent the required document to validate my account, in case this was the issue.

Finally, I sent a message to the Betfair Escalations Team inquiring for the reason the account was closed and how to proceed. They have not yet responded, but once they do I will provide more details.

I should also add that in the process of depositing funds the request was denied by my bank a few times because there was a gambling lock and a spending limit on the Visa card I had forgotten about, and I also entered the validation code wrong few times.

Does anyone here have similar experiences or possible explanations for what the issue could be?
Same thing happened to me yesterday. No warning beforehand and no explanation afterwards, just a message when I tried to log in saying the account was now closed. Spent two hours on the BF support messaging system last night trying to find out what the problem was, and then another hour this morning only to be finally given the same business grounds/security message and told that they can't give any more details.

I've had the account for over ten years with no previous problems. Only possible issue I can think of is that when I first started using BF I withdrew some money into a moneybookers account. I stopped using BF for a while and came back about two years ago, but didn't try to make any withdrawals until about two months ago. I was initially told that I would need to withdraw about £500 into the moneybookers account before I could withdraw to my bank account. I explained to customer services that the moneybookers account had been closed for a long time, and I was then able to withdraw to my bank and the issue seemed to be resolved. Since then I've only withdrawn about £30 so difficult to see that I could be a candidate for money laundering. Only other possibility I can think of is that I moved house recently (still in the UK) and haven't updated the address on my BF account, but since I haven't updated this with my bank either yet then I don't see how this can be the reason either.

Very frustrating not just for the way its been done but because after two years of collecting data and learning about trading I was finally beginning to feel like I was getting somewhere. Will try the escalation route but doesn't sound promising.
ANGELS15

Sorry to ask this again. But it your Betfair account is closed it appears you can still login to Bet Angel? Preusumably you can only connect to the forum but not guardian/markets etc?
Johnedale

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:13 am
Sorry to ask this again. But it your Betfair account is closed it appears you can still login to Bet Angel? Preusumably you can only connect to the forum but not guardian/markets etc?
I can't use Bet Angel but can still access the forum via the website
ANGELS15

Johnedale wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:20 am
ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:13 am
I can't use Bet Angel but can still access the forum via the website
I see thanks.

Return to “General discussion”