Betfair Old Account

A place to discuss anything.
spreadbetting

rik wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:57 am
spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:05 pm

How did you get a master account, rik? And how many sub accounts off that do you get, thanks.
its called „master sub account“, i was told its always 8 subaccounts you cant have more than that
if you have an account manager contact him, otherwise [email protected]
they will come back with a questionnaire about your intended usage, i think you need to have decent turnover to qualify, dont think profit matters, they are hoping that by giving additional accounts you will increase your turnover, so if you dont qualify maybe say you have more strategies that you need seperate accounts to run at the same time which would increase your betting etc
theyve been very helpful with me no complaints

Thanks
Anbell

Anbell wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:50 am
Anbell wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:27 am
spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:05 pm

How did you get a master account, rik? And how many sub accounts off that do you get, thanks.
I dont think there's a limit.
What we (BA) really need is "customerStrategyRef"
https://docs.developer.betfair.com/disp ... laceOrders

THat we way you can only use one account, but all of your strategies are segmented/isolated. And we'd all save thousands$$ in commission because all the losses/wins net each other out for comm purposes.
Last edited by Anbell on Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rik

it would be good but I still wouldnt be able to separate the different strategies from the profloss statement that betfair is giving? you would have to extract your results directly from betangel to keep track?
At the moment I run different strategies on different accounts, on the one hand because net position of another strategy interferes and secondly so i can more easily keep track of results.
if not on premium charge it would be helpful to offset commission otherwise your better off paying more commission anyway
Anbell

rik wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:17 am
it would be good but I still wouldnt be able to separate the different strategies from the profloss statement that betfair is giving? you would have to extract your results directly from betangel to keep track?
At the moment I run different strategies on different accounts, on the one hand because net position of another strategy interferes and secondly so i can more easily keep track of results.
if not on premium charge it would be helpful to offset commission otherwise your better off paying more commission anyway
No. Betfair list the reference on each bet so that you can track each strategy.

It also keeps each instance isolated from each other so that you can use, for example, "if matched bets = 1" for each strategy
spreadbetting

Anbell wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:38 pm
rik wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:17 am
No. Betfair list the reference on each bet so that you can track each strategy.

It also keeps each instance isolated from each other so that you can use, for example, "if matched bets = 1" for each strategy

Only if you're accessing the bets via the API, most people won't have that access so having different strategies on separate accounts would make it easier than recreating each strategy via a list of bets from the API. Plus with PC generating Comms isn't a bad thing.
eightbo

Kai wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:07 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General discussion”