Betfair Old Account

A place to discuss anything.
gimme25

I have been using Bet Angel for several months and set up a Betfair account this year with a balance that is growing steadily.

On accessing an old email account I found a previous Betfair account which I may have used earlier but not since at least 6/7 years ago
when I was living elswhere.

I don't want to fall foul of Betfair and have my accounts shutdown. What do you think is the best way forward?

Should I tell Betfair and ask them to just close the old account. Will they be helpful in this? Or should I just ignore the situation?

I haven't tried to use the accounts for anything against the rules but the situation is worrying me.

Would be grateful for any opinions or advice. Thanks
spreadbetting

I wouldn't worry about it, many of us have more than one account. Ring Betfair and get them to cancel it if it's bothering you, if you haven't used it for years there won't be outstanding issues with funding sources.
Kai

Derek27

gimme25 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:20 pm
I have been using Bet Angel for several months and set up a Betfair account this year with a balance that is growing steadily.

On accessing an old email account I found a previous Betfair account which I may have used earlier but not since at least 6/7 years ago
when I was living elswhere.

I don't want to fall foul of Betfair and have my accounts shutdown. What do you think is the best way forward?

Should I tell Betfair and ask them to just close the old account. Will they be helpful in this? Or should I just ignore the situation?

I haven't tried to use the accounts for anything against the rules but the situation is worrying me.

Would be grateful for any opinions or advice. Thanks
Are you're accounts linked? If you go to your premium charges page, do they show the same balances? If not, there could be a potential issue if you're paying or start to pay premium charge.
gimme25

Thanks for the replies.

I don't think the accounts could be linked and not sure where you can check.

Will take a view as to contacting Betfair.

Not sure what the GIF means Kai??

Thanks again
Derek27

gimme25 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:53 pm
Thanks for the replies.

I don't think the accounts could be linked and not sure where you can check.

Will take a view as to contacting Betfair.

Not sure what the GIF means Kai??

Thanks again
I think Kai was jokingly suggesting that you auction your spare account. :)

If you log into your account and click on the link below to see your premium charge page, if they are linked the figures should be the same for both accounts.

https://myaccount.betfair.com/activity/premium-charges
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:59 pm
Ever since Betfair banned most of Europe there's a lot of desperate people out there :)
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:11 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:59 pm
Ever since Betfair banned most of Europe there's a lot of desperate people out there :)
Desperate but also bonkers to think somebody will give them access to their identity and personal bank account, for life, for a fixed fee. It would be intriguing to know exactly how much they'd be expecting to pay. :)
rik

I had a couple old accounts i hadnt used in years, when i switched to a master account a few months ago they deleted them.
Think as long as your not using them at the same time and especially if they arent linked nothing to worry.
They only allow 1 as easier to administer and keep track of charges i think.
Kai

Could be useful in case OP wanted to run some auto on a separate account in the future or something along those lines.
Kafkaesque

rik wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:29 pm
I had a couple old accounts i hadnt used in years, when i switched to a master account a few months ago they deleted them.
Think as long as your not using them at the same time and especially if they arent linked nothing to worry.
Agree with this, but will add that I would step more carefully, if you have taken advantage of a deposit bonus only available to new customers/accounts (or any other such offer). Apart from PC "cheating" this is likely where BF are most on it and cracking down. If you've taken up such an offer from them, and your primary concern is not getting shut down, I would make sure to inform them of your honest mistake and offer to pay back whatever you gained from the offer, before they find it.
spreadbetting

rik wrote:
How did you get a master account, rik? And how many sub accounts off that do you get, thanks.
rik

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:05 pm

How did you get a master account, rik? And how many sub accounts off that do you get, thanks.
its called „master sub account“, i was told its always 8 subaccounts you cant have more than that
if you have an account manager contact him, otherwise [email protected]
they will come back with a questionnaire about your intended usage, i think you need to have decent turnover to qualify, dont think profit matters, they are hoping that by giving additional accounts you will increase your turnover, so if you dont qualify maybe say you have more strategies that you need seperate accounts to run at the same time which would increase your betting etc
theyve been very helpful with me no complaints
Anbell

spreadbetting wrote:
rik wrote:
I dont think there's a limit.
Anbell

Anbell wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:27 am
spreadbetting wrote:
rik wrote:
I dont think there's a limit.
What we (BA) really need is "customerStrategyRef"
https://docs.developer.betfair.com/disp ... laceOrders

THat we way you can only use one account, but all of your strategies are segmented/isolated. And we'd all save thousands$$ in commission because all the losses/wins net each other out for comm purposes.

Return to “General discussion”