betfair daylight robbery

A place to discuss anything.
LeTiss

I had a similar nightmare scenario on a golf market a few months back. I posted my anger here too

I had greened up, but BF hadn't turned the market IP early enough

Therefore, all bets matched in between the official off and when BF turned the market IP was voided.......including my offset

I had no idea until it was too late, and I had a nice green turn into a nasty red
Derek27

I once had a £100 plus green book on the Ayr Gold Cup antepost market. Blissfully unaware of the rule voiding bets on horses 'balloted out', as one by one the runners were pulled from the market I sat and watched my profit dwindle away down to about £1.50. :lol: I was happy enough it didn't go into the negative but we all learn a lesson from not understanding the rules and that was mine. :)
paspuggie48

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:38 pm
pnl.jpgCashout 718.jpg
wabash wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:00 pm
I am on the us master winner market all thursday, using the bookmaker app.

I close up 79 pounds with a cashout app.

On friay I do not trade, on saturday I look at my app I am down 86 pounds and have muliple open positions.

I try to contacct them I speak to them, they say I 40 bets, which cannot be seen anywhere.

the guy says to investigate they will have to suspend the account, I say go ahead, he changes his mind and wants to ask me all sorts of question,

On betangel, the positions never existed.

we know that betfair steals money using the starting prince option, which works when it suits their aims.

The situation is so serious, I will get a whistleblower and publicise their dirty tricks.

This is not a fair market plce, please guy be careful. Betfair believe it or not is a thief.

years ago you could speak to them on the phone, but now you have to message them and they give you the run around.

theoretically they out smarted me, but they revealed core weaknesses
I suspect this is to do with the exposure element of Betfair's golf exchange betting. The cashout option shows the net gain / loss, but after the cut some funds may be credited for LAY bets, depending on the overall exposure for the market.

In short, you must wait until after the winner is declared for all the exposure to disappear and bets to be settled. The figure is always the exact same that the cashout screen shows in my experience.See screenshots for the gross winnings after the cut but BEFORE EXPOSURE deductions, versus my actual cash-in P&L which was accurate once the market was settled in full.

The main issue is actually not being able to continue trading even if all green, due to exposure tying up funds until bets are all settled at the end of the tournament. I found this myself.

CS
You need to stop betting on Greyhounds Crazyskier, it will ruin you :D :) :lol:

Return to “General discussion”