betfair daylight robbery

A place to discuss anything.
wabash

I am on the us master winner market all thursday, using the bookmaker app.

I close up 79 pounds with a cashout app.

On friay I do not trade, on saturday I look at my app I am down 86 pounds and have muliple open positions.

I try to contacct them I speak to them, they say I 40 bets, which cannot be seen anywhere.

the guy says to investigate they will have to suspend the account, I say go ahead, he changes his mind and wants to ask me all sorts of question,

On betangel, the positions never existed.

we know that betfair steals money using the starting prince option, which works when it suits their aims.

The situation is so serious, I will get a whistleblower and publicise their dirty tricks.

This is not a fair market plce, please guy be careful. Betfair believe it or not is a thief.

years ago you could speak to them on the phone, but now you have to message them and they give you the run around.

theoretically they out smarted me, but they revealed core weaknesses
Euler

Have you considered the cut?

When the cut occurs the market is effectively part settled. It's a common misunderstanding for people who have not traded Golf before.
wabash

okay but how do you get out of that one?

let us say you have cashed out?
wabash

their own system caught the up..

according to their profit and loss system I was up 63.8 pounds.

but they withdrew 90.90 pounds from my account, as a losing bet.

there is also a difference between the cash in the account and what the transaction history says there should be.

I never used to check.

When i ASK THEM, THEY ARE DEMANDIND SCREEN SHOTS, THEY DISAPPEAR FOR TWENTY MINUTES.

This is the same thing google used to do, steal from accounts. One day I saw my adsense was up, because I mistakenly placed two ads next to each other, I went back and the money had disappeared.

they are giving me the run around
wabash

by them showing that I was losing money, they were prepaing to fine finesse me.

be careful
wabash

is there an arbitration process for betfair?
Euler

You haven't really documented much here, so I doubt people can advise you on what Betfair did or why. There is no reason for Betfair to remove bets on the exchange unless it's against a specific set of rules. But it's not clear exactly what you did or why, or what Betfair did or why. So you probably won't get much help here.

There is an escalation process at Betfair and if that fails you need to go to IBAS.
Crazyskier

pnl.jpg
Cashout 718.jpg
wabash wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:00 pm
I am on the us master winner market all thursday, using the bookmaker app.

I close up 79 pounds with a cashout app.

On friay I do not trade, on saturday I look at my app I am down 86 pounds and have muliple open positions.

I try to contacct them I speak to them, they say I 40 bets, which cannot be seen anywhere.

the guy says to investigate they will have to suspend the account, I say go ahead, he changes his mind and wants to ask me all sorts of question,

On betangel, the positions never existed.

we know that betfair steals money using the starting prince option, which works when it suits their aims.

The situation is so serious, I will get a whistleblower and publicise their dirty tricks.

This is not a fair market plce, please guy be careful. Betfair believe it or not is a thief.

years ago you could speak to them on the phone, but now you have to message them and they give you the run around.

theoretically they out smarted me, but they revealed core weaknesses
I suspect this is to do with the exposure element of Betfair's golf exchange betting. The cashout option shows the net gain / loss, but after the cut some funds may be credited for LAY bets, depending on the overall exposure for the market.

In short, you must wait until after the winner is declared for all the exposure to disappear and bets to be settled. The figure is always the exact same that the cashout screen shows in my experience.See screenshots for the gross winnings after the cut but BEFORE EXPOSURE deductions, versus my actual cash-in P&L which was accurate once the market was settled in full.

The main issue is actually not being able to continue trading even if all green, due to exposure tying up funds until bets are all settled at the end of the tournament. I found this myself.

CS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

Check your current unsettled bets
wabash

I have been complaining all day

Now they tell me that they will get back to me.

Someone was taking money illegally, please check your accounts, make sure everything reconciles
rik

you realise betfair is just intermediary right? think they mug you off your 50 pound and not pay out the opposing bet?
you just said your werent aware of half settlement so probably you had lay bets placed on a player that was settled early so your active profit in the market decreased
Derek27

wabash wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:10 am
I have been complaining all day

Now they tell me that they will get back to me.

Someone was taking money illegally, please check your accounts, make sure everything reconciles
I've reconciled my account every night for the last 8 years - never had a problem. But your issue is a losing market you disagree with rather than an account error.
wabash

I saw something was wrong on saturday, I had many bets I did not place.

The profit and loss account agreed with me, but they took money from account.

Is there an arbitration process for betfair?
Derek27

wabash wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:15 pm
I saw something was wrong on saturday, I had many bets I did not place.

The profit and loss account agreed with me, but they took money from account.

Is there an arbitration process for betfair?
See the link below.

https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Dispute.Resolution/

If your profit and loss account reconciles with your own account what's the problem?

If it's money missing from your account there should be an entry on your account statement where the money was taken out. If you're sure it was at the time of the US Masters you need to look at that part of your account statement.
Euler

He has sort of ignored my comment about the partial settlement of Golf markets as well? :|

Impossible to offer any more help than referral to Betfair.

Return to “General discussion”