Betfair - money deposit lost, nobody of the support-team wants to help !

A place to discuss anything.
Sup

Hello,

I made a deposit of 700 Euro to my betfair account almost 3 weeks ago, with money transfer.
My (european) bank told me that the transfer has been done within one day, and there were no problems, the transfer is complete.

All the numbers are correct (bank account + reference).
Still, 3 weeks later, the money doesn´t show up in my betfair-account.

I´ve been talking with the betfair-support already 3 times since then.
They always tell me, that they opend a support ticket, but they can´t tell me how long it will take.

I should wait, they can´t do anything else for me.

As this happend already 3 weeks ago, I am getting suspicious.
Why is it so difficult to find the money on their account?
I sent them the bank statement and all they need.

Can anyone tell me what I can do?
Seems as if they are trying to steal my money?

Thx,
Sup
NickH

You can always try emailing [email protected]
Sup

They wrote me a message 2 weeks ago, I replied but got no answer back.
lotora

Something similar happened to a friend of mine some months ago, and the money was never to be seen again.

However, there's one important difference: He tried to deposit the amount before the account was verified (which in the end never happened).

In order to get it back, he did everything they asked him to do. Resulting in him having to resend the same exact information over and over again for weeks on end.

One of the document clearly showed that the money had left his UK bank-account destined for the Betfair account.

Finally he gave up, losing £500! And this is Betfair customer support!
Sup

My account was blocked in that time, as it was not verified completely.
But the transfer was made befor that already, and I made a transfer before with worked without a problem.

The account is open again and verified. Everything is set.

- Is there a possibility to complain with the brithish or malta-authorities?
- Or are there any lawyers which are specialized in it?

700 Euro is quite a lot for me.
I would never have thought that this could happen at betfair, but as far as I can see it now, betfair seem to be a scam-website.

Best,
Sup
spreadbetting

Sup wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:44 am

I would never have thought that this could happen at betfair, but as far as I can see it now, betfair seem to be a scam-website.

Best,
Sup
A scam site that's been online for 20 years :)

They must have told you something by now? Just follow up with their onlne chat thing or better still tweet them, they hate it when their dirty washing is aired in public.
megarain

The friend that gave up is suspicious.

What is there to lose by emailing the CEO/opening a charge of theft/engaging social media ?

If u have no downside, and u are in the right, normally things get fixed.

Betfair don't endear themselves to many, but they are hardly likely to really need your 500 or 700 quid.
lotora

Actually, he is not that suspicious. I play tennis with him 2-3 times a week, a very nice man. He is 69 years old and not that tech savvy, but I do agree that he should have done more...
Derek27

NickH wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:44 am
You can always try emailing [email protected]
That's Betfair's junk mail address. ;)
Derek27

Sup wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:44 am

Best,
Sup
I think it's more likely down to sheer incompetence and indifference towards their customers. Have you tried chasing your bank for the money or getting them to do more?
ANGELS15

I believe large organisations and especially big Government Departments sometimes have banking 'suspension accounts'. What tends to happen is that when money is being paid for say tax it can occasionally go 'missing'. It never reached it's destination and after a few days may show up in the organisation's 'suspension account'.

This can happen if there was an error in the deposit details.

The procedure is that on receiving a query/complaint from the customer the banking team will check the suspension account to see if the funds have ended up there. If they are found then they can be allocated to where they should have gone. Another check is to see if the money has returned to the issuing bank if it was electronic payment.

It seems unlikely that the op will never see their money, it has to be somewhere. Indeed the same should be the case for the other gentleman. The answer really lies with Betfair's accounts/banking team and the issuing bank. Between them they must be able to provide the answer.

In theory Betfair should have done some kind of check similar to the above. What's really poor is their apparent apathy.

Another idea is to check again with the issuing bank to see if they can provide a more detailed trace of what happened.

Good luck and let us know the outcome as it may help someone else.
lotora

megarain wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:00 pm
What is there to lose by emailing the CEO/opening a charge of theft/engaging social media ?
Anyone who has an email address?
megarain

There was one posted somewhere - but haven’t searched.

I would engage betfaircs on twitter and ask for one, or request from escalations email account.
Sup

Today I got a reply .. with the same text that I receive since 3 weeks:

-----------------------
Hi there,
Thanks for getting in touch.

I trust this e-mail finds you well.
Firstly, I would like to start off by apologizing for the delay to get back in touch with you.

We appreciate that you have sent the requested document.
I have now passed this over onto the relevant team on for further review.

Once we have an update, we will get back in touch.
Thanks,

Xylon,
Escalation Management Team
-------------------------

I can´t understand, why it is so difficult to settle this problem?

If I don´t get anything within the next 2 days, I will write to the gaming authorities where betfair is licensed, and ask my bank what I can do.
Has anyone experience with complaints at the gaming authorities UK/Malta, etc?

Sup
Derek27

In the UK you can make claims at the county court (used to be the small claims court) for a small fee relative to the amount in dispute. Not sure what the situation is from Malta but it might be worth getting advice or researching your options.

Return to “General discussion”