Betfair - money deposit lost, nobody of the support-team wants to help !

A place to discuss anything.
megarain

In one of the Betfair newsletters, there was this email address :

[email protected]

Maybe give them a spin - just asking for the email address of a manager etc.
jamesedwards

In my experience the only satisfaction I ever get from any BF communication is via twitter direct message @betfaircs
marksmeets302

The money is yours, so don't worry about not getting it back. Betfair are terrible at communication and have no clue about how to solve disputes quickly, but they will not break the law. I had a similar situation, where they all of a sudden blocked all my accounts, releasing only one after pressing them. The money in the other accounts was locked. It took about 4 or 5 weeks to get access to the funds again.

Engage with them over chat, or twitter as others have suggested. Make sure you have transcripts of everything. I had a couple of chats where the customer service representative effectively said they too thought it was strange what was going on. You can use this later on. Try to get the reason for denying access to the money. If it makes no sense, or they refuse to answer as they did with me it can be useful when you lawyer up. Keep asking for the status of your request. What department is currently handling it? Are they actually handling it? When should it be finished? In my case they gave deadlines that weren't met. You can use that later. Ask them to prioritize your request. I did this every 2 days.

You've been dealing with them for a while now, and you can decide it's time to escalate on your part. In that case tell them they have another 2 weeks to release the funds to you and otherwise you will seek legal counsel and all resulting costs will be directed to them. You must be prepared to actually take that step, otherwise it's an empty threat. In my case I had already contacted a lawyer, and just one day before my first appointment with him my money magically appeared in the one account that was opened up again. So I do think they take notice of such deadlines. What still pisses me off however is that I never got a notice from them saying the funds were available. Just like they blocked those accounts without warning. So watch the bank account you transferred the money from; they might just reverse the transaction and never tell you about it.
bentzib78

Hello everyone! I saw the post and i have to tell that i totally understand. On summer Betfair closed my account with the explanation that the account was under review. I chatted with them a lot of times every day, but they was telling me the same and the same. "Under review". 4 months passed and my money still hadn't refunded. I sent them email at : [email protected] but there answer was "we will contact you when the review is over", it may take time! So i decided to contact with the Gambling commission where they advised me to contact and sent an email at IBAS ( [email protected]). Or contact with Resolver. I contacted with both of them and they informed me that they needed me to contact with Betfair and tell them that IBAS asked me a deadlock number. Betfair never replied .! But Finally a week after the money were back to my bank account!! IBAS responded as i understood . All this procedure took me 6 months! Hope i help you with your issue. .Betfair treats clients with no professionalism!

Return to “General discussion”